Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 22nd, 2020, 09:38 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Iceman)

Affecting the d20 roll counts as modifying the SA, so you can't. That goes back to Hasbro. (End of the first page)
Old December 22nd, 2020, 09:57 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Iceman is solid, even if only for the potential OM blowout with Beast and Prof X. But even then, don't count out a 5 die Special Attack.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 10:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Affecting the d20 roll counts as modifying the SA, so you can't. That goes back to Hasbro. (End of the first page)
Stupidest rule, I honestly ignore that one (not that it comes up often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Iceman is solid, even if only for the potential OM blowout with Beast and Prof X. But even then, don't count out a 5 die Special Attack.
Iceman's great, but honestly, not for the OM removal, IMO - for me that's a non factor, I never, ever get it. He's great because he's a cheap, effectively flying unit with a solid defence of five, a normal attack of 4 at 6 range and a SA of 5 at 4. He's just a solid ranged fighter - nothing particularly exciting, just really, really solid at a bargain cost.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 22nd, 2020, 10:07 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Agreed on him loving Prof X and Beast. A good turn with these 3 really kneecaps your opponent for that round. Even without factoring in his OM stuff, he's just a solid ranged attacker at a low price. Mutants have quite a few options in the 140-160 range, but I'd say Iceman is generally the 2nd strongest pick out of them, behind Spider-Girl.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 10:11 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Iceman's great, but honestly, not for the OM removal, IMO - for me that's a non factor, I never, ever get it. He's great because he's a cheap, effectively flying unit with a solid defence of five, a normal attack of 4 at 6 range and a SA of 5 at 4. He's just a solid ranged fighter - nothing particularly exciting, just really, really solid at a bargain cost.
Oh I've only ever hit that combo a few times. It's devastating though, scary enough to be a deterrent from getting too close to both Beast and Iceman. Definitely only rely on his attack power, but when you make the OM combo work, it's just iceing on the cake.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
Agreed on him loving Prof X and Beast. A good turn with these 3 really kneecaps your opponent for that round. Even without factoring in his OM stuff, he's just a solid ranged attacker at a low price. Mutants have quite a few options in the 140-160 range, but I'd say Iceman is generally the 2nd strongest pick out of them, behind Spider-Girl.
Hmm, since this is our competitive discussion thread, might as well debate that a little!

Our 140-160 Mutant options include:

Iceman, Nightcrawler (I), Avalanche, Spider-Girl, Banshee, Siryn, Blink, Wild Child, Speed, Mirage, Shriek, and Magik.

Yeah, I probably generally agree with you (wouldn't take Avalanche outside of an Outcast specific build), but would at least consider Blink or Wild Child over Iceman for that status.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 22nd, 2020, 10:24 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I really like Blink, and I remember my Mum having fun with Banshee and Siryn a while back - they're really quite solid.
Mirage's Psychic Arrows are one power I really wish was stronger, but Your Greatest Fear is good.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:14 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Blink seems tough to work with outside of a Prof. X build, but the movement she brings is really great. Phase Javelin can really disrupt a formation too.

Wild Child wants builds without OM hubs, but he makes for a solid enough special attacker.

I'll compare the three of them in damage, durability, utility, and synergy.

Damage : Iceman is the most consistent here with Deep Freeze. Wild Child can roll for 6 attack with Blood Frenzy 2 and height, but that's pretty situational.

Durability :
Wild Child wins out with his Healing Factor. Blink and Iceman have the same defensive stats at 4 Life/5 Def. Iceman has Ice Resistance but that's map dependent.

Utility : I think it's debatable if Blink or Wild Child has better utility. I think Blink wins out though, teleporting any tiny-large figure adjacent to her is really useful. I think you have to use her with Prof. X so another mutant can immediately take advantage of the teleport so she is a bit pigeonholed into working with him. Phase Javelin is a really, really useful power at messing with a formation if she can get a wound, since you'll usually be able to place the wounded figure pretty far away. I'm guessing she'll be even better as Rebel support comes out too, assuming the AoA designs are rebels. Might be off base here!

Wild Child having Mutant Sidekick lets him bond with some scary people. Pairing him with a melee monster like Wolverine makes for a scary OM activation. Colossus is fun with him too, because of Fastball Special.

Iceman has the weakest utility since you have to wound and roll a 16+ to remove an OM.

Synergy : Blink has Mutant/Rebel, Rebel synergy might expand in the future though.

Wild Child is the same case as Blink.

Iceman has them both beat here right now since he's an Adventurer, getting him into the Fantastic Four web. Not sure if he has a build that's particularly good with them, but it gives him some more options.

Overall :
I think Blink has the highest ceiling of the 3, but she needs to be propped up a bit more than Wild Child and Iceman. An OM where shes your only activation isn't that great, since Blink! needs her movement and attack. Teleporting her and an ally, and then taking a turn with that ally is a lot more threatening, and makes Blink + Prof. X her best bet.

Wild Child is probably the best at lower point games, when you can bond him with a pricey mutant and just let them do the work. His Mutant Sidekick is kneecapped when he's paired with Prof. X or Cyclops though.

Iceman feels like the all rounder, he slots into builds a bit more easily than the other two. However, his impact on the game might be a bit less than them, Blink's utility is way better, and Wild Child pairing with any mutant + having Healing Factor X lets him stick around for awhile.

All said I would probably run Iceman more often than the other two since he works better with more OM hubs, but I think Blink would contribute the most in a build suited for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I really like Blink, and I remember my Mum having fun with Banshee and Siryn a while back - they're really quite solid.
Mirage's Psychic Arrows are one power I really wish was stronger, but Your Greatest Fear is good.
I still haven't tried Banshee, Siryn, or Mirage! They all have solid classes (particularly Banshee), and I can really see Vocal Trance or Greatest Fear turning a game around.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:22 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Probably my second most played build with Iceman is as an add-on to the Fantastic Four at 1200 points with Wasp (I). He's fairly solid in that role.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
But we do have figures that modify special attacks, do we not?

Also the elves in original Heroscape can modify their fireball SAs.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Spider-Girl can wreck some opposing builds. One of the figures I quit using in playtests.
Old December 22nd, 2020, 11:39 AM

I believe a fuller version of this discussion can be found in Blacksmith's thread and, to a lesser extent, Leo Fitz's thread, if you're interested in a deep dive, T-Spinny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy