Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 18th, 2020, 12:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Human Torch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
If he has disengage, does he still get to roll for Flame On?

Yes. Weather Wizard & Storm are two figures off the top of my head that can give him disengage if you want to try him outside of a Fan4 build. Pairing him up with figures that hand out free moves is a good play too, that way you can move him into engagement without putting an OM on him, then take a full turn with him when he's starting the turn engaged.
Old November 18th, 2020, 03:04 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Uhh, if Ronin's or another Black Panther II were to pass at 230, add Storm, Torch and Thing and that would be a really cool FF alternate army.
Old November 19th, 2020, 06:13 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
The way it's worded, I suppose you could use it with Martian Manhunter. It says "Once per turn" but it doesn't specify that it has to be Human Torch's turn.
Yeah, that was my thinking. Thanks for the answer.

Quote:
He also wouldn't take leaving engagement attacks while using it with Telepathic Directive.
Exactly, you could do so serious damage with Flame on 4 combined with Telepathic Directive. I might just have to try that one out next chance I get (add in Meteorite to protect Human Torch and use Manipulate when moved by Telepathic Directive, and you've got one mean combo).
Interesting strategy from The Book of Human Torch.

I've yet to make it around to playing the FF myself, so this might be really obvious to those with actual experience, but landing and beginning to Fly again means Torch can use Flame On once per turn between 0-5 Moves, just not after using his 6th Move.

So you can keep Torch within a zone that allows him to move in on an enemy figure, Flame On, and back away to attack from range, and/or pick a different target, and/or gain better height, leaving the opponent still tied up with Reed and/or Thing and unable to attack Torch.
Playing to prevent wounds from landing on Torch any way other than from Flame On, he might outlast the rest of the team, giving Torch the opportunity to kite around until the time arrives where it makes sense to finish the opponent off with Supernova.
Flame on doesn't Wound his team/allies, but Supernova could.
Old November 19th, 2020, 06:25 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Basically do as much damage as possible to those figures who are most scared of him (As stated, GL's, or anyone with defensing abilities like Batman, Magical Defense, Acrobatic maneuvers, etc...), then once he gets to 4 wounds, fly him behind the rest of your army and absolutely wreck with an enraged Thing.

Also I rarely use supernova. Only in cases where the rest of my team is nearly dead and somehow Johnny is still alive. By then he should have 4 wounds anyway, so right before you anticipate him biting it, blow up.

Johnny's contribution to the F4 mechanics is how he purposefully likes taking LEAs, giving you some control over how many wounds he has and making him Ben's best friend. If you have Sue still alive, Reed tying 1 or 2 guys down, and a fully enraged Ben, you might as well end the game there, cause you've already won. He's the most replaceable, but only because he's not a direct synergy piece.

Supernova is sweet when it works, but it's definitely something you want to use situationally, not really an every game tool.
Old November 19th, 2020, 07:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Supernova is awesome against a swarm army like zombies or Civs.
Old November 19th, 2020, 06:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
The way it's worded, I suppose you could use it with Martian Manhunter. It says "Once per turn" but it doesn't specify that it has to be Human Torch's turn.
Yeah, that was my thinking. Thanks for the answer.

Quote:
He also wouldn't take leaving engagement attacks while using it with Telepathic Directive.
Exactly, you could do so serious damage with Flame on 4 combined with Telepathic Directive. I might just have to try that one out next chance I get (add in Meteorite to protect Human Torch and use Manipulate when moved by Telepathic Directive, and you've got one mean combo).
Interesting strategy from The Book of Human Torch.

I've yet to make it around to playing the FF myself, so this might be really obvious to those with actual experience, but landing and beginning to Fly again means Torch can use Flame On once per turn between 0-5 Moves, just not after using his 6th Move.

So you can keep Torch within a zone that allows him to move in on an enemy figure, Flame On, and back away to attack from range, and/or pick a different target, and/or gain better height, leaving the opponent still tied up with Reed and/or Thing and unable to attack Torch.
Playing to prevent wounds from landing on Torch any way other than from Flame On, he might outlast the rest of the team, giving Torch the opportunity to kite around until the time arrives where it makes sense to finish the opponent off with Supernova.
Flame on doesn't Wound his team/allies, but Supernova could.

As far as I know, the intent has always been he must start his move engaged to use Flame On. Flying next to someone 2 spaces away, landing, then flying 3 spaces away doesn't count as starting your move within the game rules. You only start the move at the start of the move, not part way during the move.
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That’s how I play him but the power says when he begins to fly not when he starts to move. And, because Heroscape rules get silly sometimes, it’s a thing that you can turn flying on and off during movement.

It wasn’t intended for Human Torch to be played that way but I believe doing so is technically legal.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m pretty sure there’s a distinction between “starting to move” and “starting to fly” though. I believe the rules allow you to start flight at any point during your movement.

EDIT: Bats ninja
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Needs a re-evaluation or a card update then. He's already really good as is, no need to let him use that power mid move. I'd add 50 points to his card and still draft him if you no longer had to set it up before using.
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We have a formal process for requesting reevaluations.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2020, 09:53 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hope I haven't begun a snuffing of the Torch.
This is a pretty old tactic of his. He used to be able to use Flame On multiple times per turn, and was re-evaluated starting around this page:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...=30550&page=30

And after the re-eval, it was asked,
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
Quick question. Since the Human Torch cannot Flame On more than once in a single turn, can he choose to alternate between walking and flying and Flame On on the second time he starts to fly? Or does his Flame On have to be on the first time? For instance, Human Torch is on the low ground, up above him are four figures on a castle wall. He starts to fly not being engaged to anyone, it takes two spaces to get to the castle wall. He lands, begins to fly taking the risk that only a couple of engagement strikes will get through, then Flames On trying to take out the four powerful figures. Then supernovas for an exciting finish.

Right? Wrong?
To which @Griffin , Torch's LD responded:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
But to put it a tad more clearly, Human Torch can use Flame On before starting to fly, regardless of how many times he has switched from walking to flying or will switch from walking to flying this turn, as long as he only uses the Flame On special power once this turn.
So I'm not sure this was an unintended effect/tactic. You can always counterdraft someone who can take control of Torch and prematurely go Supernova.
Old November 19th, 2020, 09:59 PM

For sure it's long been acknowledged, it's just something I forget about/don't tend to take advantage of. I'm thoroughly unconvinced that it's worth 50 points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy