Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 16th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Invisible Woman)

Yup, many games of mine have been won by locking enough of the opponent's army down with Reed that they can't get to Sue. Having to fight your way through a shielded Mr. Fantastic is brutal, and once he gets enough wounds on him, Thing comes in to knock your lights out.
Old November 16th, 2020, 01:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Her worst enemies are figures that are really fast and hit really hard (Kryptonians, Green Lanterns, the like) who get to her and KO her before Mister Fantastic can knock her down. She also hates anyone who can hit her from range without needing LOS. And then I suppose temporary mind control figures who can send Mister Fantastic after her.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2020, 03:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Not much to say on strategy for using her, she's pretty straight forward. What Bats covered is about it, try to move her without actually having to take turns with her, boost appropriate allies, protect her from getting killed early. As for taking her out, I've had success with two different approaches. AoE attacks that don't target her specifically but can catch her in the blast are useful. The only downside to that approach is those kinds of attacks don't often deliver a quick knock out blow and slowly chipping away at her life can just power up the Thing. The second approach requires you to have two different assassin type of units, those that can move fast or bypass a screening unit and then take her down quickly once engaged. Lead out with one assassin type unit and go right after Sue, this forces Reed to react and engage that threat. Then flank Sue with the other assassin unit, Reed can't wrap them both. You often end up trading the first one you sent out for Sue, but that is still a win for you due to how much she helps the rest of the Fan4 out.
Old November 16th, 2020, 04:02 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Options

If you're looking to protect her in addition to Reed, you have Wasp (I), Jocasta, Spider-Man (FF), Mister Freeze, Aurora, and heck even Crystal.

~Dysole, going outside the box
Old November 16th, 2020, 04:47 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I like the double assassin method of taking her out YK. She's definitely that kind of figure where it can be worth it to throw one of your own guys away to kill her.

I've been trying to think of a FF Spidey and Invisible Woman army. You could replace Johnny with Spidey in the FF and call it a day, but it feels like there's probably a better direction to take the duo. Ms. Marvel's powers are useful on Invisible Woman, so maybe FF Spidey, Invis. Woman, and Ms. Marvel. That leaves you with 210, not sure how I would fill those out.
Old November 16th, 2020, 05:04 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

She-Hulk likes that army if you go up another 100 points for army totals.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2020, 08:19 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Moving on to Sue's brother, the Human Torch.
Old November 18th, 2020, 10:26 AM

Re: C3G Strategy/Competitive Discussion (Human Torch)

From what I've seen and played, Johnny is the most replaceable member of the Fantastic Four. I don't think he's bad, just that both of his powers are kept in check by tough activation requirements/paying a big price, while the other members of the FF are more consistent.

Flame On 4 - 2 wounds on a 4+ is just insanely nasty, but having to take LEA helps to temper it. Johnny doesn't have any way to get rid of those wounds either, and without Invisible Woman it's easy to get through his 4 defense.

Supernova - 7 Attack to all figures within 2 spaces? Bananas. However, Human Torch gets kneecapped so badly after using this power. I think in a perfect world, you get a few Flame On's, before blowing up everyone around Torch when he's nearly dead. Easier said than done though, especially since he'll usually be in the middle of quite a few enemies after using this. You have to accept that Torch is pretty much dead weight after this power, and sometimes you roll 2 skulls on Supernova against that figure you really needed dead.

Lava Resistant - Pretty situational and map dependent.

Synergies/How to fight - Obviously the Fantastic Four, particularly Thing. Torch will usually be getting wounds on himself pretty quickly, so Thing can select him for Clobberin' Time. Beyond the FF, Crystal's Tidal Blast helps position enemies for Torch, same with Medusa's Hair Assault. Outside of those two Adventurer's, I'm sure Torch appreciates someone that can manipulate his enemies movement, or his own for Supernova positioning. Johnny gets absolutely neutered by figures with Lava Resistant, so if he's going crazy on you, try someone with that power out.
Old November 18th, 2020, 10:55 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He's the easiest to replace because he's not necessary to the intricate mechanics of Reed and Sue. That doesn't mean he's not by far the most dangerous member. All you care about is Flame On here. 2 autowounds over and over is one of the most potent abilities in the game, in my opinion. Any 4 life hero, especially those like Green Lanterns or Prof X are terrified of him. Taking some LEAs isn't a big deal, as that just powers up Thing.

Basically do as much damage as possible to those figures who are most scared of him (As stated, GL's, or anyone with defensing abilities like Batman, Magical Defense, Acrobatic maneuvers, etc...), then once he gets to 4 wounds, fly him behind the rest of your army and absolutely wreck with an enraged Thing.

Also I rarely use supernova. Only in cases where the rest of my team is nearly dead and somehow Johnny is still alive. By then he should have 4 wounds anyway, so right before you anticipate him biting it, blow up.
Old November 18th, 2020, 11:18 AM

Auto-wounding is one of the most valuable mechanics in the game (auto-destruction is up there, but tends to be a lot less valuable). Auto-wounding for two wounds on a roll of 4+ is super good.

I haven't tried it enough, but probably worth running this guy in armies where he's 1. granted disengage by another figure or 2. With a healer like a Raven

If he's the most replaceable member of the Fan Four, it's simply because he doesn't need them that much.

Old November 18th, 2020, 11:52 AM

If he has disengage, does he still get to roll for Flame On?
Old November 18th, 2020, 12:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
He's the easiest to replace because he's not necessary to the intricate mechanics of Reed and Sue. That doesn't mean he's not by far the most dangerous member. All you care about is Flame On here. 2 autowounds over and over is one of the most potent abilities in the game, in my opinion. Any 4 life hero, especially those like Green Lanterns or Prof X are terrified of him. Taking some LEAs isn't a big deal, as that just powers up Thing.

Basically do as much damage as possible to those figures who are most scared of him (As stated, GL's, or anyone with defensing abilities like Batman, Magical Defense, Acrobatic maneuvers, etc...), then once he gets to 4 wounds, fly him behind the rest of your army and absolutely wreck with an enraged Thing.

Also I rarely use supernova. Only in cases where the rest of my team is nearly dead and somehow Johnny is still alive. By then he should have 4 wounds anyway, so right before you anticipate him biting it, blow up.

This is the same way I use him. More often then not it's the opponent who is taking a LEA trying to get away from him before they get hit for 2Ws. I'll take a 50% chance for 1W over a 85% chance for 2W's any day. Only other thing I'd add is his value as a ranged flying unit. If I can't get engaged with a choice target for Flame On, then attacking someone from high ground is the next best move.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy