Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker
The Book of Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior

The Book of Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior

Soldiers of Valhalla

Basic side:

Spoiler Alert!

The printer-friendly .pdf version of this card can be found HERE.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroscape miniature from the Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 release in the "Dividers and Defenders" pack. The figure is number 15/24.

Character Bio: "Tyrian puts a finger to his lips and makes a hand gesture beckoning me to follow him. He weaves his way through dark halls, as I follow. Tyrian has always struck me as an odd sort of fellow. He trained under Ullar as one of his protectors, and still carries their unique style of crossbow at his side, however shortly after the rise of the Valkyrie he joined up with Jandar and has acted as a sort of messenger ...

Tyrian pulls back on the reigns of his horse, he drops behind a grouping of Ullar’s Protectors and with a calm and deliberate look in his eyes he draws his weapon, points it squarely at the back of one of the Protectors, and fires. The crossbow bolt whistles through the air and finds its target with deadly precision. The Protector cries out in pain and then slumps over in his saddle. Confusion and chaos set in, horses whiney as they’re forced to turn sharply, their riders looking for the source of the attack. Before I can react with even a word of warning, because of a reloading mechanism in Tyrian’s crossbow, a second bolt is loosed as quickly as the first ...

Three of Ullar’s faithful Protectors lie scattered upon the ground and with them Jandar’s most trusted messenger, Tyrian the swift." (Thormun's Journal, Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECIAL POWERS
DOUBLE ATTACK
When Tyrian attacks, he may attack one additional time.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Tyrian's movement, ignore elevations. Tyrian may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Tyrian starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

-Power Ranking-
Fragile, but capable of doing quite a bit of damage as a midgame assassin, or in endgame. B-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ATLAGA THE KYRIE WARRIOR: Kyrie Leadership: Belonging to the kyrie race, Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from ATLAGA's Kyrie Leadership Movement bonus, which allows any kyrie you control to move 1 extra space.
Synergy Benefits Offered
NA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Power Ranking
Fragile, but capable of doing quite a bit of damage as a midgame assassin, or in endgame. B

My Maps:

Also, check out the Competitive Unit Congress

Last edited by superfrog; May 1st, 2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added special powers text
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior

Could you create an alternate card using Atlaga repaint? He's really neat and I want to repaint him, but I'd rather repaint Altaga than a Protector.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
C3V art MACHINE

doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm working on the card, so let me shoot an alternate version. No worries!

-------------------------------------------------------------
My customs! http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37164
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Glad this was passed, congrats Paron!

Tyrian looks to be fun to play. I'd picture him used as similar to Atlaga (the deathrun to Witherwood something), but with a little more "oomph"!

Sentinels might make a pretty good themed army with him as well. Sents tie stuff down, Tyrian shoots it. Rae 2.0 can help both defend and attack swarms.

Tyrian 110
Raelin 2 230
Sents x2 450
Atlaga 540

Eh, probably would get mauled by range.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Sentinels might make a pretty good themed army with him as well. Sents tie stuff down, Tyrian shoots it. Rae 2.0 can help both defend and attack swarms.

Tyrian 110
Raelin 2 230
Sents x2 450
Atlaga 540

Eh, probably would get mauled by range.
I originally made Tyrian to mesh with the Sentinels. I didn't find that combo particularly effective. The Sentinels were often too slow to tie anything down. It's also of dubious utility keeping him in Raelin's aura. However, after running the gauntlet for the SoV, I doubt that I'm the most qualified person to comment on this.

Also, I've got a quick question for the folks with Book formatting experience. I modeled the Otonashi synergy text from the Book of Shiori as a "Synergy Received". I reasoned this was because the power is actually on Otonashi's card. I have recently been informed it perhaps should be under "Synergy Offered" obviously because it is Tyrian's tricky personality that triggers the power. Is there a consensus on this?

My Maps:

Also, check out the Competitive Unit Congress
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:40 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Interesting. For some reason, this figure's double attack ability doesn't seem to match up with what you would expect when you see his sculpt. Cool figure nonethless, though, I'm not sure I'd use him over Atlaga.
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

He doesn't play anything at all like Atlaga, in my experience. They do both have flying, but that's where the similarity ends, at least for me.

The double attack is related to his story from Thormun's Journal (or wherever it was; it might be worth extracting those segments into the OP...).

I thought he was a blast to play. For my play style, the most fun of all the SoV units I've tested. To each his own, of course.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I can see him being a very deadly strike force. Double Attack with 4 dice on height and Move 7? Bring him in at the right time, and he can swoop in and out, doing massive damage.

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I am sooo using Tyrian in my next game!
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:08 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Looking forward to a high quality PDF of this guy.

Also, I have an extra squad of protectors. I'm planning to paint them up for this, and sell the extra two. Anybody interested in buying them off of me for $5 +shipping? PM's welcome. First come, first served. Sold! That was quick.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs

Last edited by personwholives; January 25th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
C3V art MACHINE

doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun

I just sent the art to Paronychodon. Once he's OK with it (and everyone else), it will be posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------
My customs! http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37164
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:03 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

A move of 8 (with Atlaga) and double attack of 4 (height) this guy's a bargain at 110 points. Now I'm torn between keeping my Protectors intact or sacrificing one for Tyrian. But the move of using Atlaga would be so much better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs