Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2018, 08:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

The Book of Squirrel Girl is now in the Design Phase. Come check it out!
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The worst X-man ever is coming to C3G! Check out the process here.

Old May 31st, 2018, 12:36 AM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

I have a question. I hope it's okay to ask this here; I didn't see a more appropriate place to do so.

I've seen in a couple places that it's not recommended to mix C3G with classic Heroscape; why is this? Where might things break if I mix the two themes?
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:02 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberQ9 View Post
I have a question. I hope it's okay to ask this here; I didn't see a more appropriate place to do so.

I've seen in a couple places that it's not recommended to mix C3G with classic Heroscape; why is this? Where might things break if I mix the two themes?

I know early on they started running into some unintended bonding combos. Like I believe C3G created Wolverine with a Relentless personality before the Death Knights were released which bonded with Relentless heroes. Wolverine is already really good, he doesn't need a common squad to bond with. In order to give C3G the creative latitude to build their universe without having to worry about what Classic scape (or any custom projects based on Classic) might be doing they just started recommending a clean break between the two.

Since then the meta-game for C3G has evolved to be a much different thing than Classic. Classic is often balanced around large swarms of common squads, which are not as prevalent in C3G. C3G often plays at much higher point totals too, 800+ (up to 2400 or more) armies are the norm so some of the cards are priced on the idea they will be offering synergy to a significant number points worth of units.
Old May 31st, 2018, 05:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberQ9 View Post

I know early on they started running into some unintended bonding combos. Like I believe C3G created Wolverine with a Relentless personality before the Death Knights were released which bonded with Relentless heroes. Wolverine is already really good, he doesn't need a common squad to bond with. In order to give C3G the creative latitude to build their universe without having to worry about what Classic scape (or any custom projects based on Classic) might be doing they just started recommending a clean break between the two.

Since then the meta-game for C3G has evolved to be a much different thing than Classic. Classic is often balanced around large swarms of common squads, which are not as prevalent in C3G. C3G often plays at much higher point totals too, 800+ (up to 2400 or more) armies are the norm so some of the cards are priced on the idea they will be offering synergy to a significant number points worth of units.
All this being said, Mixedscape is fun and, as far as I've seen so far, balanced. I've never had any issues playing it, normally at C3G-esque point levels, though I can see playing it at more Classic-esque levels working too. It often makes for really fun, epic battles. I've also found that, while in Classic squads dominate and in Superscape heroes dominate, in Mixed they actually seem to feel vaguely equally useful and viable, which is honestly ideal, IMO. (Of course superheroes will reap a bloody tally, but that's why they cost so much! )

Even when it comes to overlapping synergies... I at least haven't found any concerning ones. Even with Wolverine and the Death Knights, the go-to example for why Mixing doesn't work, I don't consider it a problem - Death Knights are slow, melee troops who end up being more of a distraction and minor threat than anything, I'd be shocked if Wolverine and some Death Knights were actually much stronger for its price than Wolverine and Jubilee. So... yeah, I say go for it, mixing themes is what Heroscape is all about - make it a real Battle for All Time!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In my experience what you have to look out for is the instant kills and Mind Shackles.
Losing a 400 point figure to a 90 point Mind Shackle is not awesome.
Worse is the possibility that Braxas could destroy Hulk, Superman and Thor in a single turn.

The last time we played mixed, my Jotun threw Hulk in a lava field for an instant destroy. That was pretty much the end of mixed 'scape at our table.

Classic squads can still be a hassle but at the higher point values they quickly run out of room in a standard 24 hex start zone.
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

The last time we played mixed, my Jotun threw Hulk in a lava field for an instant destroy. That was pretty much the end of mixed 'scape at our table.
Oh, come on, that event's far more likely in C3G - Magneto and Graviton are tonnes worse than Jotun!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 31st, 2018, 11:05 AM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, you can even run into the same issue with the Hasbro Dr Doom.
Old May 31st, 2018, 11:15 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It had more to do with the lava which C3G made better with their updated lava rules and we were heading towards only C3G play at the time.
Most everyone in my group hated squad-scape.

Mix at your own pleasure or displeasure depending on the results.
I certainly would not want to face a C3G build boosted by Raelin

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 31st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
It had more to do with the lava which C3G made better with their updated lava rules and we were heading towards only C3G play at the time.
Most everyone in my group hated squad-scape.

Mix at your own pleasure or displeasure depending on the results.
I certainly would not want to face a C3G build boosted by Raelin
I don't think that would be as bad as it initially sounds - Raelin, though amazing, is pretty fragile, and there are plenty of fast, flying killers in C3G who can whizz across and splat her.
Now, if you take Raelin + Beat Cops... then you don't deserve to live, frankly, I think that's a case where you can just make that build an etiquette breach.

~ Lazy Orang, who thinks it's interesting what figures get hurt and which ones benefit when entering mixed. Q9, I'd imagine, would actually become vaguely balanced, if strong (he'd be a tougher, less manoeuvrable, non bonding Punisher whose attack can't be boosted), and I was actually pleasantly surprised when I took Sonlen in an Avengers build and found him to actually be a fun and viable figure.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 31st, 2018, 11:52 AM

I think Q9's normal Attack which I believe is 5 with a hefty Range becomes more viable especially if he gets boosted.
He could pseudo-bond with Ms. Marvel.
Being Large and an Android gives him immunity to quite a few powers also.
That 4 Life looks a little less intimidating though when you start chucking handfuls of attack dice.
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think Q9's normal Attack which I believe is 5 with a hefty Range becomes more viable especially if he gets boosted.
He could pseudo-bond with Ms. Marvel.
Being Large and an Android gives him immunity to quite a few powers also.
That 4 Life looks a little less intimidating though when you start chucking handfuls of attack dice.
Q9 has 4 attack, there isn't a figure in classic with a ranged normal attack over 4. He's also not an Android unless you add in some kind of compatibility patch converting Soulborgs to Androids.

Honestly, I say Q9 wouldn't be very good in a mixed format (especially if doing C3G style armies of 800 or more). Less squads around already hurts his value, and Punisher basically does everything he can do but better.

Braxas, Grimnak, Ne-Gok-Sa, Kee-Mo-Shi, and Morsbane are probably the big winners of a mixed game (and Sudema I guess), as their powers can completely destroy a game with a lucky roll and now they have access to a number of D-20 boosters and protection powers. That kind of thing is really all I'd be worried about from the perspective of adding Classic into C3G (and Raelin I guess, but you already have to be worried about Raelin and auto wounds are way easier to come by in C3G), none of the bonding options opened up seem particularly concerning to me.

Now adding C3G to Classic on the other hand, that would basically just destroy Classic as we know it.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy