Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 7th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Nitro's design thread is up! Check out the process here.
Old November 7th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heyo all,

A couple of year ago I started converting heroclix into the C3G figures. I stopped for awhile and am now starting back up again, ever since I discovered the pre-made army cards you guys have developed. For someone who doesn't really like putting together armies having those cards are going to do wonders for actually getting some play time with all the awesome units you all have created.

So here's my problem. I can't remember where I got the bases to rebase the heroclix. I also had ordered a few sheets of stickers to place over the bases that mimicked the heroscape base stickers. Any idea where those came from?

I've got about 85 clix in the mail and another 40-50 sitting here waiting to be worked on so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

- Raider30
Old November 7th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Heyo all,

A couple of year ago I started converting heroclix into the C3G figures. I stopped for awhile and am not starting back up again, ever since I discovered the pre-made army cards you guys have developed. For someone who doesn't really like putting together armies having those cards are going to do wonders for actually getting some play time with all the awesome units you all have created.

So here's my problem. I can't remember where I got the bases to rebase the heroclix. I also had ordered a few sheets of stickers to place over the bases that mimicked the heroscape base stickers. Any idea where those came from?

I've got about 85 clix in the mail and another 40-50 sitting here waiting to be worked on so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

- Raider30
I recommend Impact Miniatures for single bases and Yodajunkie if you need double-bases.
Old November 7th, 2017, 05:03 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Heyo all,

A couple of year ago I started converting heroclix into the C3G figures. I stopped for awhile and am not starting back up again, ever since I discovered the pre-made army cards you guys have developed. For someone who doesn't really like putting together armies having those cards are going to do wonders for actually getting some play time with all the awesome units you all have created.

Thanks,

- Raider30
I recommend Impact Miniatures for single bases and Yodajunkie if you need double-bases.
Yes! That's the place. They also have the base stickers I was using before. Perfect.

Thanks for the super fast answer.

One more quick question: Are the bases 30mm?

- Raider30
Old November 7th, 2017, 05:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've never used the decals as I like the blank black look but I have ordered from Impact Miniatures for my bases and I will buy from them again.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 7th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yes! That's the place. They also have the base stickers I was using before. Perfect.

- Raider30
I use Impact Miniatures' 30mm bases for the vast majority of minis, and their 40mm bases for larger minis that are still single-space.
Old November 7th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Heyo all,

Thanks,

- Raider30

- Raider30
Yes, the bases are 30mm at the bottom, slightly less along the top edge. The stickers are about 25mm-26mm, so there will be a bit of gap around the edge. Impact's 40mm base stickers cover the top of the 40mm base completely.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:23 PM

Heyo all,

Status update: My mini's order came in and I'm pretty psyched. There are so many cool heroclix options for some of these units, especially some of the units that came out awhile ago and since that time some nicer sculpts have been produced.

Thanks again for the reminder that it is Impact Miniatures who has the stickers and bases. They really do a great job. I had my entire order of bases and sticker sheets processed and in my hand within a weeks time. They rock.

A HUGE round of applause to the guys who produced the unit cards in the rectangular format. I probably printed off about 75 cards in the Heroscape style, and while pretty, they are a royal pain to cut out, and frankly color printing from OfficeMax is on the pricey side, especially if you use a heavier card stock. However, I forgot I picked up a color printer for about $20 last year at a Best Buy Black Friday sale, so I hooked it up and started printing off the rectangular cards. With a paper cutter in the house I can zip right through them. Using regular printer paper and putting them into a card sleeve is both cheaper and easier to cut and also store.

Now I just have to find a card sleeve that will hold the pre-made army cards you all have created. They are a bit bigger than normal size, although I may play around with trying to reduce them down to standard sleeve size, not sure what that will do to the quality and legibility.

Looking forward to actually getting to play one of these days, heh.

- Raider30
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I printed out playing card sized cards for my HoSS cards (too deep in the hole on C3G to switch formats) and I love them. I picked up these cool Star Wars themed plastic card sleeves for them, which means I don't worry about printing something on the back as the sleeve back has awesome art work on it already. The only issue is that some of the more text heavy power cards can end up using some pretty small font in order to fit. Not an issue now as I can still read them okay but when I'm still playing the game in the old folks home I may not be able to read them any more and will have to rely on memory. Hopefully the memory doesn't go too. lol
Old November 28th, 2017, 03:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There was talk about someone doing a podcast at some point for C3G. One thing I thought would be cool was to make a strategy videos for C3G similar to the information Classic has in this thread...Strategic Maneuvers/Tips and Tricks Index

I've been teaching Heroscape to kids a lot lately and having a mix of beginner basic strategies with some more advanced strategy talk could help. We do see new players signing up here as well and perhaps they'd stick around longer with something like that.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 07:08 PM

Heyo all,

Status Update:

Ordered and received approximately 100 more clix units to rebase.

Also received my order of color backed sleeves, black for DC and Blue for Marvel. Why black and blue? Because when I asked my son he said DC was "hardcore"(probably because of the Batman Metal story line he'd been checking out) and Marvel was "chill". So nice having those rectangular cards and having them sleeved. Have about 40 of the 74 pages printed out and cut to size so that's moving along nicely.

Still working on how to group them for storage. I've got a nice stackable plastic slide drawer system that I picked up at Target awhile ago. I put some rubbery-foam like shelf paper down on each drawer bottom. I think the drawers are about 2 inches deep so most of the units can be stood up. The rubbery-foam material prevents them from sliding around as long as you don't jerk the drawers when opening. How do others group their units?

- Raider30
Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have a lot of units now (400?) so I group them by class. That way once someone drafts their cards they can just look at the class and know where to find their figures without asking me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy