Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old February 14th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Workshop Thread

Oh, I see it now...clever you! welldone. In that case, even more of a resounding to Review.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:56 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am intrigued with both maps - Lost Road Marsh 1.1 and Obsidian Wastes 1.1. I don't have anything to suggest for improvement just looking at the map build directions. I would like to give them a shot at some play tests. to review.
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Resubmit for Re-Review Lost Road Marsh 1.1

Man, I hate that I have to do this, but I was looking over the version of Lost Road Marsh that I have uploaded, and I realized that I didn't fix an issue with it. Due to where one of the jungle bushes next to the road is positioned, there's just 2 hexes on either side of the trees that you can get through. The entire map can still be blocked off with a single squad of rats. From the initial build, I moved the glyphs to fix this, but when I was moving the bushes around I didn't realize I was just recreating the same problem. I expect this would most likely cause the map to fail playtesting.

The fix is really simple and just moves the bush a single hex closer to the start zones, which opens up the passage and makes it harder for rats to hold. It's so subtle, you might not have even noticed it if I wasn't telling you what the change was. I have once again updated the download, so you'll have to download the map again. Once I saw this issue, I wanted to get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Old February 15th, 2018, 12:07 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Thank for updating us on that. I’m still going to it for playtesting.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:41 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Resubmit for Re-Review Lost Road Marsh 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Man, I hate that I have to do this, but I was looking over the version of Lost Road Marsh that I have uploaded, and I realized that I didn't fix an issue with it. Due to where one of the jungle bushes next to the road is positioned, there's just 2 hexes on either side of the trees that you can get through. The entire map can still be blocked off with a single squad of rats. From the initial build, I moved the glyphs to fix this, but when I was moving the bushes around I didn't realize I was just recreating the same problem. I expect this would most likely cause the map to fail playtesting.

The fix is really simple and just moves the bush a single hex closer to the start zones, which opens up the passage and makes it harder for rats to hold. It's so subtle, you might not have even noticed it if I wasn't telling you what the change was. I have once again updated the download, so you'll have to download the map again. Once I saw this issue, I wanted to get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Didn't realize you were such a Chevy fan .
Old February 15th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I still have concerns about Lost Road Marsh. The edges are opened up and the road connecting does help movement, but it's still easy for a ranged army to set up on levels 3 and 4 and just blast anyone who approaches. The glyphs are in easy range of that podding area which means that taking them is basically a free kill for your opponent. Rats or Glads backed by Raelin will shut down movement, and 4th love it when they have one high point to sit on without having to move. The jungle also doesn't seem to be helping because most of the hexes its protecting are LoS-blocked by the evergreen trees anyway.

Obsidian Wastes I'm less concerned about, but the third level is pretty open and flat. The new location of the ruins helps figures get up there without being shot, which is good, and I think balance-wise it could be okay. It doesn't look like it's encouraging a lot of strategic play is my main issue. I also have a smaller issue with it where the second level isn't really doing anything except for slowing down figures as they climb the hill. You could get rid of it and let units get to each other faster and easier. Again, it doesn't look broken or anything, but I do think it could be improved. But that's my seeing as it's already got the two votes it needs (and Lost Road Marsh will too assuming Nomad is okay with the change made).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 15th, 2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I still have concerns about Lost Road Marsh. The edges are opened up and the road connecting does help movement, but it's still easy for a ranged army to set up on levels 3 and 4 and just blast anyone who approaches. The glyphs are in easy range of that podding area which means that taking them is basically a free kill for your opponent. Rats or Glads backed by Raelin will shut down movement, and 4th love it when they have one high point to sit on without having to move. The jungle also doesn't seem to be helping because most of the hexes its protecting are LoS-blocked by the evergreen trees anyway.

Obsidian Wastes I'm less concerned about, but the third level is pretty open and flat. The new location of the ruins helps figures get up there without being shot, which is good, and I think balance-wise it could be okay. It doesn't look like it's encouraging a lot of strategic play is my main issue. I also have a smaller issue with it where the second level isn't really doing anything except for slowing down figures as they climb the hill. You could get rid of it and let units get to each other faster and easier. Again, it doesn't look broken or anything, but I do think it could be improved. But that's my seeing as it's already got the two votes it needs (and Lost Road Marsh will too assuming Nomad is okay with the change made).
Actually...because there are 4 of us, it will take 3 votes to be reviewed. But it only takes 2 downvotes for the map to not be reviewed or removed from playtesting.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:02 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Actually...because there are 4 of us, it will take 3 votes to be reviewed. But it only takes 2 downvotes for the map to not be reviewed or removed from playtesting.
Ah, right. For some reason I was thinking 2 votes to review, then 3 votes to pass. Must have gotten it mixed up with the workshopping aspect.

In that case, to Lost Road Marsh. I'm willing to be persuaded on Obsidian Wastes, but I'm not convinced enough to upvote it yet.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 18th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I have reworked Lost Road Marsh after talking to Bigga in more deatail about what needed to change. Here is the reworked version:

Lost Road Marsh
Old February 18th, 2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I have reworked Lost Road Marsh after talking to Bigga in more deatail about what needed to change. Here is the reworked version:

Lost Road Marsh
I really like the changes. for me

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 18th, 2018, 05:25 PM

to review the latest Lost Road Marsh. I like the changes and was impressed enough with the gameplay we had on it a couple nights ago.

10 Points Under Videos

Old February 18th, 2018, 11:39 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am still for Marsh Road. The changes look good. So, this means we get to play-test for review with three votes? We still need one more yes to review for Obsidian Wastes, pending improvement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla