Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 2nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: I Think I'm a Clone Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I already did a solid look at humans and clones and didn't see anything game breaking but hadn't checked mutates yet (worth noting that mutates and metahumans are currently not in the Synergy Archive although I think that's more @Viegon territory). I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

~Dysole, glad to help
If I find the time I can put an Archive post together for the Mutates, but for Jackal I was using SirG's Sortable Index because I could sort it to show the high-life/high-cost Mutates and Humans.

Also, I haven't signed up yet but I've already knocked out a couple games with Jackal. So far he seems to be proving weak for me, though in the first game he did bring back Captain Marvel (Batson), which was huge for his team. I want to run at least one big game (like 1,600 or higher) before I post my report.

Personally, I really think if there's going to be tweaks his Cloning roll needs to come back down, it's just way too inconsistent as-is. My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old September 2nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Jackal(Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
We could always dial the attack die roll back down to one.
I thought of that one too. I think that might be the first step. Then, if it still seems that his Cloning roll is too high we could lower it to 17.
I personally would rather see the 20 come down before the dice. If the 20 stays up, then you could have games where you never hit it, but other games where you get lucky and hit it multiple times. Lower 20 and more dice, means that more will come back, but will fall more constantly.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old September 2nd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
We could always dial the attack die roll back down to one.
I thought of that one too. I think that might be the first step. Then, if it still seems that his Cloning roll is too high we could lower it to 17.
I personally would rather see the 20 come down before the dice. If the 20 stays up, then you could have games where you never hit it, but other games where you get lucky and hit it multiple times. Lower 20 and more dice, means that more will come back, but will fall more constantly.
Good point. With the ability to give a unit up to 8 wounds a round just from Cloning them, maybe back down to 16? Arnim zola is still the better choice as who he Clones doesn't Degenerate
Old September 2nd, 2014, 12:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, if he continues in this direction, I'd like to see the Cloning roll dropped to 17+ and everything else kept the same as our first move.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2014, 12:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Differences

True but Zola only gets humans and once per game. The trade off is interesting and I haven't yet figured out which one I like better.

~Dysole, bringing people back from the dead
Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Zola is probably better, but he's one of my guys so maybe I'm biased.

I think old school Hasbro Hulk makes sense with this guy for obvious reasons.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:18 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mutate

Others that I like include Lizard, Mister Hyde, Morbius, She-Hulk, Wendigo, and my personal favorite because of how cheap he is Agent Hunter.

~Dysole, noting that he doesn't find any of these broken simply very optimal
Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:28 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Mutate

Update on the playesting: I've gotten in four games now (three of them in the 1,000-1,200 range, and the last one at over 1,700). I need to finish typing it up and I should be able to post it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Others that I like include Lizard, Mister Hyde, Morbius, She-Hulk, Wendigo, and my personal favorite because of how cheap he is Agent Hunter.

~Dysole, noting that he doesn't find any of these broken simply very optimal
Yeah, those were on the top of my list too. I put Lizard, She-Hulk, and Wendigo in some of my games, but I decided to drop Mister Hyde due to him being so slow (if it takes them too long to get to the battle, they'll just take too many Degeneration wounds; though I guess with Mister Hyde his healing will be able to handle that as long as he's not too unlucky). I hadn't thought of Agent Hunter, he'd make a nice cheap ranged option. The one that did best for me though was Black Adam; in the big game I got to bring him back twice and he did most of the damage to the opponent's army.

One weird interaction with Jackal that I didn't get to try is Hugo Strange. If he uses his Mutagenic Experiment on one of Jackal's clones, their species changes to Mutate, which means they are no longer a Clone Experiment and therefore don't have to roll for Cellular Degeneration if they take turns that round. Could be kind of fun.

Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:22 PM

Here's my report.

As-is, I think Jackal's balanced. He has the potential to swing the game, but he's too unreliable and too costly to be overpowered at anything under 1,200 points. Once you get into higher cost games (1,600 to 2,000) he's incredibly valuable, but there's no way to avoid that and there's plenty of units that get much stronger in games like that.

The theme is great. Cellular Degeneration is very thematic and makes Jackal very interesting to play. However, the roll of 18+ is just too high in my opinion. It makes him so extremely unreliable that I don't think I'd draft him unless I was playing at at least 1,600 points. Personally, I'd like to see the roll brought down to at least 16+ and his cost bumped up to compensate (260 maybe?). Alternatively, I think you could get away with making Degeneration even worse, like 1 die at the end of each turn but 3 unblockable wounds at the end of each round. That paired with a lower roll would make him a little more consistent that you could play him at a lower cost, but without completely losing his swingy feel. My .

Anyways, here you go:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jackal

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235, maybe more
- Give a brief overview. Jackal didn't do anything this game except hit his Cloning roll once, which really helped his team get the win. Had he failed to get an 18+, it would have been much closer and his team could have lost; but as it happened, he brought back Captain Marvel (Batson), who tore apart the enemy despite taking 6 wounds from Cellular Degeneration and dying a second time. However, despite the big win this game, Jackal didn’t do anything Arnim Zola couldn’t have since he only successfully got Cloning once, and it was on a Human.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: Never attacked.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 1 times out of 4 attempts; cloned Captain Marvel (Batson).
Drug Tipped Claws: Never attacked.
Cellular Degeneration:
- Captain Marvel V2: Took 3 turns, was alive at the end of 1 round; 6 wounds taken out of 8 total dice.

Map: Grundy’s Graved (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Captain Marvel (Batson), Oracle, Green Arrow (Ollie), Red Arrow, Beat Cops x3 (1,200 points) VS Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Iron Man (Hasbro), Magma (1,185 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 seems okay
- Give a brief overview. Jackal just wasn’t needed this game. His team got kind of lucky and was able to take on the Warriors Three fine by themselves. Jackal got to roll for his Cloning in attempt to bring back Lizard twice, but failed both his rolls.

UNIT SUM-UP
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 0 times out of 2 attempts.
Cellular Degeneration: N/A

Map: Grundy’s Grave (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Wendigo, Lizard, Frankenstein (1,105 points) VS Asgardian Warrior x1, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg (1,110 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 seems high this game
- Give a brief overview. The Mutants outmatched the Wrecking Crew severely, and the only hope the Wrecking Crew had was Jackal; if he had cloned once or twice, the game could have been there’s. But as it is, Jackal just didn't offer anything to his team and ultimately let them down.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 1 wound to Blob.
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 0 times out of 4 attempts.
Drug Tipped Claws: Never attacked a figure with OMs on its card.
Cellular Degeneration: N/A

Map: Grundy’s Grave (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Wrecker, Bulldozer, Thunderball, Piledriver (1,035 points) VS Professor X, Blob, Magneto (I), Silver Samurai, Dazzler (1,035 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 235 or so
- Give a brief overview. I intentionally designed this game to last longer so that Jackal would get more chances for cloning, and it worked. Over ten rounds Jackal was able to clone Black Adam twice, and due to some lucky Degeneration rolls, he was able to stick around long enough both times to deal serious amounts of damage to the enemy.

UNIT SUM-UP
Experimental Cloning 18: 18+ rolled 2 times out of 7 attempts; order of cloning: Black Adam, Black Adam.
Cellular Degeneration:
- Black Adam V2: Took 6 turns, was alive at the end of 1 round; 6 wounds taken out of 14 total dice.
- Black Adam V3: Took 3 turns, was alive at the end of 0 rounds; 2 wounds taken out of 6 total dice.

Map: Swamp Lab (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Jackal, Sage, Invisible Woman, Beat Cops x4, Black Adam, She-Hulk, Judge Dredd (1,730 points) VS Master Mold, Sentinels x6, Forge, Mastermind (1,740 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 3rd, 2014, 02:05 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He sounds really right as is, IMO. I like the higher roll and the lower chance of success, because I think it keeps him reasonable. As you modeled, there are plenty of ways to design your army around keeping him alive longer and taking better advantage of the power. If anything, I'd be OK with 17+, but I'd probably want a slight cost bump with it. 16+ is too low, IMO. Especially following 3 out of 4 victories with the loss not really being with an army that plays to his strengths, IMO (no D20 boosters, no defensive figures keeping him around longer).

Edit: If anything, I see an argument to boost his cost in those tests and keep his D20 as is.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 3rd, 2014, 03:36 PM

I don't think you're looking at the results close enough there. They only won so big in the first two games because his team was getting very lucky, and the fourth was highly in his favor (Sentinel armies move slower than almost any other army, which gave him more chances to roll for cloning than he would against almost any other match-up). Rolling an 18+ 3 out of 17 total rolls is kind of lucky, both the first and the last game could have been very different if he missed one more time.

Also, I don't think protecting Jackal is as important as you think. Jackal's whole point is giving your big guys more time on the board, and if your opponent is spending multiple turns to take him down he's still achieving the same thing (whereas if your opponent ignores him there's a really good chance he does nothing). After playing that last game, I would have preferred to drop a couple squads of Cops and potentially Invisible Woman for another bruiser or two.

The thing is, by increasing how quickly the clones deteriorate, it seriously lessens the impact of Jackal hitting his roll. Even if he's cloning 2+ times per game, if those clones are only surviving roughly a round each, it's often less powerful then when he brings back 1 unit that survives for multiple rounds.

If we're looking to design an extremely swingy unit, then the current design works. But personally, he's so inconsistent that I don't see myself ever drafting him in a 1,200 or less game. That much swing just isn't enjoyable for either player in my opinion; whereas a version with a lower roll but higher deterioration rate would be a very fun addition to the game. My .

Old September 3rd, 2014, 09:46 PM

Based on the LD's vision/desire, I think we are looking for an extremely swingy unit. In which case, I think staying at 18+ and his current cost is the way to go.

IF we want to lessen swing, I agree with you on how to go about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library