Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 20th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Starman (Jack Knight)

The Book of Starman (Jack Knight)

C3G DC WAVE 25
JUSTICE SOCIETY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Starman.

Character Bio - The son of Ted Knight, the original Starman, Jack spent his childhood wanting nothing more than to be a hero like his father. His thoughts changed, however, by the time he reached adulthood, and he wanted nothing to do with the life of a costumed hero. David Knight, Jack's older brother, took the mantle of Starman, while Jack was content to run his antique and collectibles store.

Fate had other plans in mind for Jack though, and he was drawn in to the hero life when David was murdered by The Mist, and old foe of their father. Trying to destroy Ted, The Mist tried next to kill Jack, who barely escaped with the help of one of his father's old inventions. Attempting to protect his father, Jack defeats and kill's The Mist's son and captures The Mist and his daughter.

Reluctant still to become a hero, Jack made a deal with his father. If Ted used his engineering prowess to help fix the ills of the world, Jack would take the mantle of Starman. During his time as Starman, Jack's hidden heroic qualities were brought to the forefront, and Jack found himself almost enjoying his role as Opal City's champion. After years and many adventures -including joining the Justice Society of America and traveling through both space and time- Jack retired from the hero life after his father sacrificed himself to save the city. Though his time as Starman is over, Jack remains in Opal City ready for the day it again needs its champion.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:53 PM. Reason: png
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:46 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Starman - Design Phase

NAME = STARMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = JACK KNIGHT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = RELUCTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

RELUCTANT HERO
If there are no Order Markers on this card and a Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move all unrevealed Order Markers from that Hero's Army Card to this card.

FORCE FIELD X
If Starman is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, Starman is not affected by that attack.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Starman can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

FLYING

Last edited by Ronin; March 10th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old April 20th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I thought you'd had an idea dealing with gadgets for him at one point?

I dig the reluctant hero and forcefield powers. I'm OK with aerial advantage, but not wowed.

You'll eventually need to add "Jack Knight" to the thread title.

He seems fun and straightforward. Champion will give him some interesting synergy. Not worried about him not really having JSA synergy, as he always seemed more like a fringe member or more of a loner.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 20th, 2014, 08:34 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Nice and simple, I like him. Can't remember which Starman this is, but he feels a bit too generic; he's not doing anything that makes him Starman.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 20th, 2014, 08:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He's the more modern age one who wore the cool leather jacket. He's a bit of a reluctant/post-modern hero. The Star Rod gives him the forcefield and the flying.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 20th, 2014, 08:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like it a lot.
Old April 20th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I know nothing of the character, but a really cool design. Should be fun and I'm happy as-is.
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:31 PM

Comic Art:
Mini pics:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I thought you'd had an idea dealing with gadgets for him at one point?

I dig the reluctant hero and forcefield powers. I'm OK with aerial advantage, but not wowed.

You'll eventually need to add "Jack Knight" to the thread title.

He seems fun and straightforward. Champion will give him some interesting synergy. Not worried about him not really having JSA synergy, as he always seemed more like a fringe member or more of a loner.
I had a power on him originally that dealt with glyphs, but I think it was way too niche, and I like the theme of Reluctant Hero (credit for which goes to Margloth) just as much.

Heh, Aerial Advantage is the first power I had for him and the one I'm most attached to. Thematically, Jack rarely battles on the ground, he's spends most of his time either shooting with the staff, or mid-air kicking baddies. Mechanically, it will make Jack better against street-level characters, most of whom don't have Flying. Jack's the kind of hero who can beat the snot out of a regular punk and could even give Batman a run for his money, but he'll fail every time against one of the big guns.

We technically won't need to add his name to the thread title until we design another Starman, but in anticipation of that, I'll go ahead and add it.

Agreed on JSA synergy, he was a backup member of the Society for, like, 12 issues, where his solo title ran for 80 and he's referred to as a champion more times than I can count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Nice and simple, I like him. Can't remember which Starman this is, but he feels a bit too generic; he's not doing anything that makes him Starman.
That's really true to the character though, Jack doesn't do anything that's particularly "Starman-y". He flies around (Flying), shoots energy blasts (Range), and occasionally blocks attacks (Forcefield). For powers and gadgets, Thom Kallor and Jack's father Ted are much more interesting. Jack's series focused more on his character and what it meant to be Starman.

Last edited by TrollBrute; July 13th, 2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:56 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Starman (Jack Knight) - Design Phase

Jack Knight! Glad to see him joining the ranks of C3G!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like him. Only change I might make is to lower his range to 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 21st, 2014, 10:47 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I don't know the character, but I like more champions, and he looks cool.
Old April 21st, 2014, 12:43 PM

For the record, I'm A-OK with the power set as is. It'll be nice to add a more elegant design to the ranks. Not everything has to push the envelope to be worthwhile.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library