Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old May 19th, 2007, 11:18 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Battle reports for Dayton tournament, May 19th

As promised, here are the final rankings and army compositions:

1st - Alucard (third going into the final)
Quote:
Tagawa Samurai - 120
Brunak - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Major Q9 - 180

Total = 510 points
2nd - Nate (second going in and coming out)
Quote:
Kaemon Awa - 120
Braxas - 210
Major Q9 - 180

Total = 510 points
3rd - ManTrain (first going into the final)
Quote:
Airborne Elite - 110
3xKnights of Weston - 210
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior - 80
Sir Gilbert - 105

Total = 505 points
4th - Fareed (fourth going in and coming out)
Quote:
Kaemon Awa - 120
Krug - 120
Sir Hawthorne - 90
Major Q9 - 180

Total = 510 points
5th - Matt
Quote:
Kaemon Awa - 120
3xDeathreavers - 120
Marro Warriors - 50
Braxas - 210

Total = 500 points
6th - Jacob
Quote:
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Laglor - 110
3xMicrocorp Agents - 300

Total = 510 points
7th - Tom McMillan
Quote:
2xArrow Gruts - 80
Krug - 120
Mimring - 150
Ornak - 100
2xSwog Riders - 50

Total = 500 points
8th - Lucas
Quote:
Kaemon Awa - 120
Marcus Decimus Gallus - 100
3xRoman Legionnaires - 150
Me-Burq-Sa - 50
Ne-Gok-Sa - 90

Total = 510 pionts
9th - Mark Herbert
Quote:
3xDeathreavers - 120
Agent Carr - 100
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Major Q9 - 180

Total = 500 points
10th - Matt Blair
Quote:
Ninjas of the Northern Wind - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Major Q9 - 180
Nakita Agents - 120

Total = 510 points
11th - Tom Landis
Quote:
Finn the Viking Champion - 80
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior - 80
Tarn Viking Warriors - 50
Thorgrim the Viking Champion - 80
Charos - 210

Total = 500 points
12th - Bob
Quote:
Alastair Macdirk - 110
4th Massachusetts Line - 70
2xKnights of Weston - 140
Sir Denrick - 100

Total = 500 points
13th - Yanks114kd
Quote:
2xArrow Gruts - 80
2xBlade Gruts - 80
Dumutef Guard - 25
Krug - 120
Me-Burq-Sa - 50
Ornak - 100
2xSwog Riders - 50

Total = 505 points
14th - David Lindsey
Quote:
Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Deathwalker 9000 - 140
Grimnak - 120
Me-Burq-Sa - 50
Zettian Guards - 70

Total = 510 points
15th - Noah Joines
Quote:
Airborne Elite - 110
Finn the Viking Champion - 80
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior - 80
Sgt. Drake Alexander - 110
Tarn Viking Warriors - 50

Total = 510 points
16th - Andrew
Quote:
Knights of Weston - 70
Nilfheim - 185
Sir Denrick - 100
Deadeye Dan - 60
Syvarris - 100

Total = 515 points (naughty of him to go over - I presume he counted Nilfheim as 180 as I did in my quick count)
17th - Andy Joines
Quote:
Crixus - 90
Retiarius - 90
Spartacus - 200
Nakita Agents - 120

Total = 500 points
18th - Marduk
Quote:
3xDeathstalkers - 300
Dumutef Guard - 25
Dund - 110
James Murphy - 75

Total = 510 points

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Champion of Champions

ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker ManTrainChooChoo knows what's in an order marker
Sorry if the formatting is rough or if I have infinite typos... it's really late and I'm really tired -_- so please be a little forgiving :P

Battle Report - Dayton Tourney - 05-19-07

I was def. looking forward to this tournament since Q9/Krav wouldn't be paired with the ever frustrating Raelin to just rain domination everywhere. I had a couple different armies I had been testing for this tournament, but I decided Thursday night(practically last minute as far as I'm concerned :P) to go with a knights based army.

Knights of Weston x3
Sir Gilbert x1
Raelin x1
Airborne Elite x1

TOTAL POINT COST = 505

An all around solid army I think... hope AE drop early or just use knights to tie up everything for when the AE drop.

Round 1 - vs. Andy (Spartacus, Retarius, Crixus, Nakita Agents)
Map - Come and Get It

This match up was very lopsided.... I kind of figured with so many knights that the gladiators wouldn't get their point value. Pretty much he brought out the Nakita Agents early and they barely dented Raelin and got wrecked by Gilbert and a few knights. I also managed to snag the summoning glyph in the middle to give Raelin safety on her own little island while passing out her aura of amazingness. He did manage to use Crixus to rip Gilbert apart, but the AE would drop immediately after and just gun all 3 of the gladiators down.

Round 2 - vs. weesel (Roman Legionaires x3, Marcus, Me-Burq-Sa, Ne-Gok-Sa, Kaemon Awa)
Map - Faultline

Easily my roughest match up of the day even though I'd played against weesel on Thursday only on different maps. It was generally a favorable match up for me since knights tend to stand up longer vs romans. During the first and second rounds he managed to grab the bridge in the middle with Me-Burq-Sa and a set of romans while my knights came behind Gilbert leaving me lower than his team. During this time I grabbed the attack glyph and he grabbed the defense glyph... unfortunately for me the defense glyph was definitely being kinder as he quickly ripped Gilbert apart. Thankfully, I killed Me-Burq-Sa to end the round. Before round 3, the Airborne Elite drop and the onslaught begins. I set three up on the bridge in the middle(one set up as a blocker for the romans who were dealing with my knights) and I set the other on my side of the bridge to gun down the defense glyph carrier. Unfortunately he beats me for initiative and kills off one of my AE with a roman. After that my AE decided to completely wreck everything from Kaemon Awa to every last roman. I did however lose Raelin, several knights, and one of my AE during this time, but I really liked my odds. I was staring down Marcus with 4 knights(one of which held the attack glyph) and 2 AE who held the bridge in the middle. Marcus decided not to go down easily as he ripped apart my attack glyph and then marched up the bridge and killed my AE. I think he only took 2 damage during that rampage. So at this point, I'm down to 3 knights and he's got Marcus with 4 wounds. I still like my odds... until he rips apart 2 of my knights. I end the round with a perfect roll from my last knight to leave him at 1 wound. The pressure on both of us to win initiative I manage to get an 18 to his very unimpressive 1 and manage to finish off Marcus. Definitely the roughest match up I had this day... or maybe any day -_-

Round 3 - vs. -name eludes me at this point- (Ornak, Krug, Mimring, Arrow Grutsx2, Swog Riderx2)
Map - Battle for the Shrine

This match up was very one sided due to me being able to quickly engage Mimring with knights. Without many places for Arrow Gruts to become threatening they were basically just a nuisance while my knights wiped through each beast and then eventually ripped into the nearly defenseless gruts.

Round 4 - vs. Alucard (Brunak, Major Q9, Krav Maga, Tagawa Samurai)
Map - Frost Heaves

I knew how important it would be for me to get an early AE on this map due to the slow speed my knights would have while progressing through the heavy snow. Thankfully they came out turn 1 as I really needed them to and with a winning roll of initiative I managed to fortify them with Raelin while he marched Q9 forward. For my 2nd and 3rd turns of the round I sent as many shots into Q9 as possible... hoping to finish him off before he could get to an equal ground and gun down my soldiers. Unfortunately the round ended with Q9 at 1 health and my AE short 3 members. I managed to win initiative the next round and fire a lone shot at Q9 for 1 wound... which is thankfully all I needed. With Q9 out of the game, I marched knights ever so slowly into the middle. From this point his Krav basically crumbled as they quickly were over came with knights. With all of his ranged threats gone, my knights eventually took out Brunak and the Tagawa Samurai with a little help from the range and defense glyphs.

Final Round - Free-For-All - vs. Spookietoof (Kaemon Awa, Q9, Braxas); Fareed (Kaemon Awa, Q9, Krug, Sir Hawthorne); Alucard (Brunak, Major Q9, Krav Maga, Tagawa Samurai)
Map - Equality

I definitely was excited to be at this final table and to be battling against 3 Q9s.... So before the first round starts, I hit my roll for the AE. I wasn't sure if I was ready to drop them or not... but after some deliberation I decided to hell with it... if I was gonna be in this game I was gonna have fun. I placed all 4 of the AE up in the middle bridge area fairly close to each of the glyphs. Since my AE dropped, my 20 sided die decided I should win initiative. I grabbed all 4 of the glyphs(one of which was summoning which pulled Raelin up) and then took shots at each of my opponents. I believe the only damage I did with this attack was 3 hits on Alucard's Q9 which definitely left him a little unhappy. Fareed decided since I wanted to shoot at everyone that he would march his Q9 towards my knights sitting back in my starting zone. Spookietoof however decided Braxas was gonna start killing some annoying soldiers. Alucard brought the Krav and Q9 out to try to stop my control of the middle. My AE and Raelin quickly fell from the bridge through Braxas. So pretty much going into the second round, I was down to just the knight portion of my army. During the second round I finished off Alucard's Q9 and began my assault on Fareed's Q9. At this time Spookietoof was rolling over a good deal of Alucard's army with Braxas and her very annoying breath. I think it was during the fourth round I managed to finish off Fareed's Q9 and proceeded to charge his Kaemon Awa and rip him apart. While I was marching toward the rest of Fareed's forces Alucard grabbed an attack glyph with his Krav and proceeded to march behind me with Brunak. Spookietoof meanwhile was taking shots at Krug with his own Q9. With Krug at 3 wound markers I was trying to talk Fareed down from coming after me. I insisted he should go after Spookietoof's Q9 and I was more than willing to help and settle for a temporary peace treaty.... He didn't go for it and charged Gilbert knocking him down to 1 health. In anger I ripped Krug to shred with my knights. With Krug dead, I settled for my next target.... the last Q9. I managed to get the roll I needed with the Jandar's Dispatch ability and engaged the final annoying soulborg. Like the other Q9's before he felt the need to put up a fight and ripped apart the rest of my knights leaving me with only Gilbert. Thankfully Q9 had 3 wound markers and Gilbert felt the need to roll 3 skulls to lay the smack down. Spookietoof a little stunned had left his Kaemon Awa exposed which of course Gilbert capitalized on and beat him down to 1 health. At this point I realized Alucard's Brunak was getting very close and I was running out of ways to win. I tried to break engagement and stall the oncoming monster but Spookietoof's rolled the skull to prevent me from breaking engagement and living.

So after all was said and done... I took down all three of the Q9's, Krug, nearly two Kaemon Awa's. Even if I didn't walk away with the victory I had a blast and definitely enjoyed the amount of damage I inflicted on each of my opponents.
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManTrainChooChoo
Even if I didn't walk away with the victory I had a blast and definitely enjoyed the amount of damage I inflicted on each of my opponents.
That is what we all dream of - crushing our enemies and driving them before us, and hearing the lamentations of their women. Right?

My mighty army, a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude, consisted of Dund, James Murphy, a Dumutef Guard and three squads of Deathstalkers. I call it Dog Day Afternoon. Thinking it bad form to win my own tournament, I put together an army that could hurt people but was not likely to win any battles.

Round 1 - vs. David Lindsey on Secret of the Ancients
I was fighting against Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 9000, Grimnak, Me-Burq-Sa and the Zettian Guards. The battle started out really well - I won initiative and led with my Deathstalkers, while he started out with Me-Burq-Sa and Deathwalker 8000. I did not even bother with the glyphs, I just charged around the water with the big dogs and started slaughtering. Me-Burq-Sa and DW8k died in no time, while the Zettian Guards started plinking ineffectually at my dogs. I finally sent a Deathstalker to the far 'antenna' glyph when it looked like he might manage to get someone to it - it turned out to be the summoning glyph. I called James Murphy over and continued the slaughter.

Deathwalker 9000 did manage to kill a couple of my dogs, while I started hunting down everything else in his army. Honestly, it looked like it was going to be a complete walkover, the only question being 'how long will it take to kill 9k?'. Well, 9k had a hard time taking out my units so I got *lots* of chances to kill him. Knowing how 9k usually performs, and having taken down 9k so quickly, I did not start to worry for quite a while. He went for the glyph on the island so naturally I grabbed it first - a +2 movement glyph, allowing me to send my forces to their deaths all the faster. Like James "Bleeder" Murphy, who took at least one wound for every attack on him but one over the course of all three games.

By the time I was down to less than a full squad of Deathstalkers, I sent my Dumutef for the last glyph. It turned out to be +1 defense... something that might well have won me the game had I gone ahead and taken it right away. That will teach me to think quick kills are more important than going for glyphs. 9k quickly took out the last dog, and Dund turned out to have a glass jaw (or tail, or whatever), not to mention a glass eye that kept his gaze from working. Dumutef, being a melee guy, could not choose to stand on the glyph and kill 9k from it. Fortunately 9k was not going to wait, and came in for the kill so at least I was able to meet him on level ground. It didn't help... Deathwalker 9000 was completely invulnerable.

Round 2 - vs. Mark Herbert (a minion of Zim) on Marro Minefield
My opponent had three squads of Deathreavers, Agent Carr, the Krav Maga Agents, and Major Q9. My dogs being fast melee units, I was not particularly worried about the Krag Maga, and having a great defense and decent attack Carr was not going to be much of a threat. Sure, he would kill a couple, but he would die soon enough. Q9 was a worry - three attacks means three chances to blow my defense rolls. The rats were just a nuisance, clearly - I would be giving them lots of opportunities to scatter, but had enough attack to get through and kill them. Boy, was I in for a shock.

Agent Carr never moved, nor did the Krav Maga. Q9 took several turns, but only killed two dogs. The real threat was the rats. Not only could I pretty much only kill them on a successful Maul, they easily destroyed my dogs. One attack die is all you need to get a skull... and when my defense rolls come up all skulls time after time, one skull is plenty. My Deathstalkers were not just stalking Death, they were catching him. Because my dogs could not fit on the single hexes of the glyphs, I instead moved to block them off hoping to kill the rats as they tried to get to the glyphs. I was living in a dream world. The rats quickly took the initiative glyph, and then the defense glyph which made my nightmare even worse. It was horrible. I have never seen such a vile pack of dog-eating rats before in my life.

Once again James "Bleeder" Murphy showed his power to take wounds at the slightest provocation. He was able to kill one rat before dying, at least, bringing my kill total to four rats for the game. We were running over on time, largely due to constant scatter, so I threw in the towel while I still had a half-dead Dund and a Dumutef Guard.

Round 3 - vs. Tom Landis on First Strike
My enemy fielded an army with Kelda, Finn and Thorgrim backing up Charos, and a few Tarn Vikings thrown in for seasoning. This match had another fine start - I grabbed the glyph close to me, which turned out to be the movement glyph. Deathstalkers with a move of 9 are quite nice. Since large creatures could not use the teleporter glyphs, I did not use them - Murphy was the only member of my army capable of it, and had no need to. Though I did not manage to get the second glyph first, it was just as well. One of the vikings proudly stepped onto the massive curse glyph- sadly, no one died of the curse. Still, they died soon enough. My dogs had no trouble butchering the vikings, and James 'Bleeder' Murphy got a few kills himself - proving the reason for the old expression 'don't bring a sword to a shotgun fight'.

Then we got to Charos - and even then "Bleeder" got in a hit before dying. The dogs tried their best, but did not manage to scratch the dragon - though it was a near thing sometimes. I should have focused on Charos first, I suppose, before he could get all aura-y. Since all the turn markers were going on Charos at that point, I brought up Dund. He actually managed to successfully gaze Charos a couple of times, to good effect... though as Tom kept winning the initiative, he was still getting one turn each time. Dund was able to pound on Charos quite handily, getting him to half health before it became obvious I was going to have to kill Kelda. So Dund gave up on the dragon to try to kill Kelda, who was still hiding behind the ruins in her starting location.

Dund got to her and got her to about half-dead before she flew off - unfortunately revealing a design flaw of the map. The uneven corner high points allow a single-space figure to stay safely out of the way of a double-space melee figure, so she was then safe. On the plus side, Charos could not get healing while she was there, either. So Dund returned to his attempt to kill the dragon - he had two wounds at this point, but had inflicted three wounds on Kelda and four of the five wounds on Charos. So there was a chance, if a slim one. Unfortunately I ended up dying without doing any more harm - but Dund was a champ in this game. Lastly I ran up the Dumutef Guard, but he got hit before he could get in an attack. Ah well, it was a close one.

Round 4 - vs. ... sadly, no one
Unfortunately three of our attendees had to leave at this point, so I sat out this round. At least it was a chance to take the pictures and start looking into why my Excel lookup tables were malfunctioning for record-keeping and matching pairs. For strength-of-schedule calculations, I counted the four of us as having ties, to avoid skewing the final matchups to any great degree. Since we were now down below 17 people, four rounds was enough for reasonably clear placement of the top four. The difference between fourth and fifth was from strength-of-schedule; fourth place's opponents had won one more game than the fifth place's opponents, but that was good enough. And it since only one of them had played someone who left early, it was enough of a difference to be sure that was not a factor.

I had hoped, when selecting Dund, that I would be running into bonding armies. That is where Dund really shines, though when David was down to only Deathwalker 9000 in the first round and Tom down to only (effectively) Charos in the third round it was about as good. If only I could have gotten a successful gaze at DW9k, I could have failed several more attacks on him. Ah well, it was fun anyway. That's what counts. Well, that and crushing your enemies. Rounds 1 and 3, I pretty much did that to begin with; and when Dund half-killed Charos I am sure Tom got really nervous. Round 2, well, I have learned to fear the rats.

Old May 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
not really but photos would be nice.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
It's kind of unsettling to see Kaemon Awa in so many armies along with Q9. I like to see some diversity at the tournament level. I went through this rigmarole once already with the Spellfire CCG, I hope to NOT see it rear its ugly head again with HS. (I'm referring to specific units being so 'must-have' that you lose the variety at the tournament level that keeps things exciting and fun.)

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, though, either way.
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
It's kind of unsettling to see Kaemon Awa in so many armies along with Q9. I like to see some diversity at the tournament level. I went through this rigmarole once already with the Spellfire CCG, I hope to NOT see it rear its ugly head again with HS. (I'm referring to specific units being so 'must-have' that you lose the variety at the tournament level that keeps things exciting and fun.)
Wytefang, please check out the other event threads... you will see this isn't so.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:58 AM

Kaemon Awa was in four armies out of the 18 at the tourney, though all of them ended in the top eight. I think that is more a reflection of who was using those armies than the power of Kaemon Awa. He is quite nice, that is true. But he was not in the winning army, or the army that did the most damage in the four-way final. And only in two of the four was he paired with Q9.

As for pictures, the few I took are in the event thread: http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=7205&start=68

I believe I was the only one to take pictures, but perhaps someone will prove me wrong.

Oh yes, as to the comment at the top of my battle report; to avoid being sexist, I should include that lamentations of their men - for when we crush women that play the game.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Oh whew! I'm glad to hear that. Any game with a wide variety of different, winning configurations is a very good game!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:58 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart
Well, I've waited too long to write this report, so I've probably forgot most of the details of my matches. To comment on the usage of Q9 with Kaemon Awa, I think the restrictions on building armies from the good-bad valkyrie camps was a major part of this.

On to the battles

Round 1 vs. Noah

Noah was the youngest player at the tournament, and the only one I'd call a "kid". Anyway. His army seemed like a well constructed army, I later realized it was completely from the master set. Two things killed my chances of winning this game, one was the map. We were on Frost Heaves, and the high ground was a plateu of snow, so my microcorp didn't get off many shots with the two extra dice. The other thing was Noah dropped his airborne pretty early in the game, and killed Laglor (with two shots) which was my only way of taking out Sgt. Drake. So this match pretty much was a slow war of attrition until Noah started to use Drake, and Drake did what he does best, kill ranged units with no special attacks.

0-1

Round 2 vs. Andrew

This game went much better for me. I got lucky, and with a bit of maneuvering, won this game. The map was First strike, and the game started with Andrew taking the glyph on his side with Nilfheim, I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't useful. I worked my way up the middle mountain with Microcorp, and took out Nilfheim as fast as I could. I also hit the glyph on my side and got to summon Laglor up near the top of the hill, so my microcorp got the range bonus. I took out his dead eye dan and syvarris next, and then very slowly took out the dendric and the knights (they have a lot of defence dice but my stealth suit helped more than it should too). At the end his last knight hid behind a wall, but I baited him out with a fleshy equal height microcorp, and took shots at him from the hill when he came out.

1-1

I may have the last two rounds mixed up, but I think I next played...

Andy

Andy told me that he does not actually own any heroscape, and his army was borrowed. The army that he got was very unique, but I'd consider it nearly impossible to win with, especially on a map that so heavily favored my army. We were on Secrets of the Ancients, and I would say I didn't like this map overall, even though it helped my army a ton. It helped because it had water at height, which gave me the extra defence for being in water, and the extra offensive dice for being higher. I took the middle glyph early, and from there was able to take out one of the gladiators early. Andy then marched the rest of his army to the top spine of the map on his side and took up defensive positions with spartacus and the nakitas. I took out the other gladiator who came at me, and then took up position to shoot down the rest of his army from my maximum range. He missed quite a few smoke powders, and once the nakitas were gone, spartacus tried to make a run, but wasn't able to last long.

2-1

I believe my final match was against ...

Yanks

We were on Bridge of Valor. This map is good, but it may be hard for a melee army, which was the majority of what Yanks brought. I positioned my Microcorp as favorably as possible, and gunned down Yanks as he approached with his orc army. I got lucky and won a critical initiative that let me kill his Krug which I had hulked up a bit on it's way across the "river" in the map. Other than that, not too much to say other than range wins with height.

3-1

Thanks again to Marduk for holding the event.
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM

StealthSuitStanley has disabled reputation
First I played Mantrain. Sir Gilbert and the Knights killed me. Nice guy, though. :banana:

Second I played Nate. He seemed like any regular old guy with a red cowboy hat.
Until I saw his army...Braxas, Q9, and Kaemon Awa.

I immediately thought that this guy is serious about winning. I didn't think I'd have much trouble with these guys since I was playing the gladiators backed up by the Nikitas. I was wrong.

Within the first round, Braxas had taken out two gladiators with his special ability. Next round, everybody else went down.

Last I played Jacob. You already read the report. He's right, I was desperate.

Needless to say, the gladiators SUCK!

later
SSS

01 out of 10 people don't understand binary.
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthSuitStanley
Needless to say, the gladiators SUCK!
It depends on what you are up against. Well, Spartacus sucks for now but the other two are decent fighters.

Old May 25th, 2007, 08:06 AM

mvblair has disabled reputation
Quote:
10th - Matt Blair
Ninjas of the Northern Wind - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Major Q9 - 180
Nakita Agents - 120
I finished 2-2 for the day, but I got hurt badly in my two losses.
  • I played the first game against Tom Landis. I killed the flying healer in the middle of the game, so when Carlos was at his strongest, I didn't have to worry about regeneration or anything. The two of us traded blows back and forth but I got lucky in the end and won.
  • I played the second game against Nate I think. I think he takes the game pretty seriously, which was fun. His black dragon did away with some of my figures in the first two or three rounds. I killed his dragon but it was simply too late for lil' ol' me. At the time, I think we both thought the game was even at that point, but in retrospect, I didn't stand much of a chance. His Q9 did some serious damage. My agents' special abilities counted for nothing because he was attacking with special abilities. He barely pulled out the samurai fellow.
  • Then I played Tom McMillan. Tom used all that beast bonding stuff with Orcs and the beasts. I did an OK job of denting his army early on, but Grimnak had a few nice meals and the game ended poorly for me. It was a route in the end.
  • Lastly I played Dave. Dave was really cool. I think he borrowed an army from a buddy (I think Tom McMillan did as well). We spent most of our game making social commentaries about gamers and talking about TV shows that we dislike. I got really lucky on two die-rolls at the start of the game to kill his Deathwalker and one of the Deathwalker babies. If I wasn't so lucky right at the start, he would've won.
I think I lacked experience playing competitive games. When it's just my friends and I, we pick mostly random armies, so I wasn't accustomed to putting a lot of units together. That's probably true for most people. The good thing is that I won the knight flagbearer. I think I'll pick up some Minutemen and try to put something together for the next time.

PS - (Anybody around Dayton seen the Minutemen recently?)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports