Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart
Re: KC's 2nd Birthday Bash in Warren, OH - Army Auction Draf

My dad and I can come.

I like this idea better then the other one. Being able to upgrade your people would be unfair in my mind.
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I actually made a 2 BftU map a couple weeks ago, it's called Dead Center

Also, I was wondering if anyone would possibly want to trade a Wave 6 Heavy Gruts and Shades set for a Wave 1 Orcs and a Wave 9 Protectors of Ullar and Dividers. I barely use these figures, and I figured I give the one set away for some commons that I only have one set of.

Old February 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
My dad and I can come.

I like this idea better then the other one. Being able to upgrade your people would be unfair in my mind.
Cool - give me 4 armies for the pool!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:07 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Dark Corridors

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:16 PM

greenless is surprisingly tart

I am a maybe, with possibly my son & bro in law or another friend. May is a busy time of year at my house with all the sports underway, so it is pretty unlikely that i will have a free weekend but you never know.

I like the format but its tough to convince someone to go to a tournament that i cant even explain without using note cards.

a couple armies:

This one was inspired by a fun random draw at my game night the other night. I had 3 dragons in a 500 point army.

2 eggs, 1 basket
Braxas 210
Nilfheim 185

the winning army at my last game night slightly modified

Pin Cushion
Kaemon Awa 120
3x Samurai archers 195
Izumi Samurai 60
Isamu 10
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenless View Post
I like the format but its tough to convince someone to go to a tournament that i cant even explain without using note cards.
I know it seems complicated, but I promise you that it really isn't. You get some money, you buy a themed army with it, and you can spend what you have left to add something you brought. That's really it

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenless
2 eggs, 1 basket
Braxas 210
Nilfheim 185
I like this, but Nilfheim's already in an army. I suppose Drake SotM might fit more thematically with the Mass though - I'll talk to Brad,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenless

Pin Cushion
Kaemon Awa 120
3x Samurai archers 195
Izumi Samurai 60
Isamu 10
Can we switch the Izumi for the Kozuke to get Isamu outta there and go all samurai?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:33 AM

greenless is surprisingly tart

Sure switch however you like, I was trying to stay close to the 400 point range the other armies are in.

The problem with the kozuke in the Samurai army is they aren't durable enough to last as a screen for the archers.

Since points are a little flexible. Swap charos for nilfheim, or even zelrig. However, I think doing so devalues the army since it would then lose attacks AND a solid hero killer.

A quick idea: use monopoly money or poker chips with denominations on them to help people know what they have left to spend. I am a very visual learner and i know it would help me.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM

DOWNLOAD

This is Underground Oasis - a map I like a little more than the other one.

@ greenless - Monopoly money is the current idea. Each player will actually have $200 of Monopoly money to start in their hand, and will keep their excess money with them throughout the tournament.

EDIT: I do like the samurai archer theme, and I agree that the Izumi are the best screening units (though I don't know if samurai archers really need a screen, but it thematically works). How bout just switching Isamu to Guilty, since he's at least Einar and that saves Isamu for a possible Ninja army.

Kaemon Awa - 120
Tagawa Samurai Archers x3 - 315
Izumi Samurai - 375
Guilty McCreech - 405

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; March 1st, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old February 28th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Me and my friend are definitely a definite.
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:07 AM

Cool - you get 2 more army suggestions for your friend then.

I added Underground Oasis to finish the maps - I want to get a couple of playtests on it before May. I hope to have the build instructions up tonight if anyone wants to try it.

I'm also considering having a couple treasure glyphs on every map and letting heroes keep them if they end a game with them. What do u guys think?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I am a probable

I have never played with the Blastatrons or Gladiatrons (hard to get) so make an army with them and it will probably get my bid. Here is a suggestion, but if those that have played them think of a better one please revise.

Tron 2010:
Blastatrons x 3 = 180
Gladiatrons x 2 = 160
Zetacron x 1 = 60
@ $0 = 400

Alternately:

Blastatrons x 3 = 180
Gladiatrons x 3 = 240
-$20 = 420

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I'm also considering having a couple treasure glyphs on every map and letting heroes keep them if they end a game with them. What do u guys think?
I think maybe have a mix of treasure glyphs and permanent glyphs - either one on each map or some maps have permanent and others treasure. I do not like the idea of carrying over unless we do an entire dungeon experience where you loose armies too - it gives too much advantages to the early winners, even in swiss style tournaments where the best plays the best, but I guess carrying over would be OK if everyone agreed. But the mix of glyphs gives both squads and heroes advantage on glyphs.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 1st, 2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added response
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I am a probable

Blastatrons x 3 = 180
Gladiatrons x 3 = 240
-$20 = 420
I like this one - it leaves Zetacron available for an Omnicron build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
I think maybe have a mix of treasure glyphs and permanent glyphs - either one on each map or some maps have permanent and others treasure. I do not like the idea of carrying over unless we do an entire dungeon experience where you loose armies too - it gives too much advantages to the early winners, even in swiss style tournaments where the best plays the best, but I guess carrying over would be OK if everyone agreed. But the mix of glyphs gives both squads and heroes advantage on glyphs.
Oh, there would still be permanent glyphs too. Plus, since you change armies after Round 2, you would only get to keep the glyphs for Round 2, and then keep the ones you get in Round 3 into Round 4 and 5 (if you still keep them through those rounds). The thing about Treasure Glyphs is they just seem really weak unless they carry over between rounds.

EDIT: I added a link to the download instructions above for Underground Oasis

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; March 1st, 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events