Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: KC's Tourney Reports - NEW 10/20/2012 - Cutters / Brutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I tried 2xHSB/4xCutters in a recent online event, and it just wasn't enough Brutes to really take advantage of them. It didn't help that I was playing against a bunch of knights with three champions, and were getting two cutter kills every turn plus whatever they managed with expendable rabble. Still, I think it would take a very favorable matchup, or a map with an exploitable choke point, to make that mix work.
I recently played 3xDeathreaves, 3xHSBs, Major Q10 against 3xKoW, Alastair, Denrick, and Finn on Killometer's Dry Season. I stomped the Knights so badly that their player decided my build should be called the "Knight-killer." I never put a numbered OM on Q10 until it was down to Q10 and some rats vs. a wounded Alastair.

I'm looking forward to trying the Brutes with the Cutters sometime.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 26th, 2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Hahah, "Well, 3 Majors in one army could stomp just about anything."
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Great report, kc. It's neat to see someone using the cutter/brute combo.

I was discussing the Brutes with a few people lately. You're really the first to find success with them in an approach where the two are mixed fairly evenly. The French players have taken to using the Brutes with rats, where you just roll out a couple squads of rats and then advance the Brutes under cover, using BitB to bounce them around. Another direction, where I was leaning, is to use 4x HSB/2x Cutters, and use the cutters sort of like HSB nagrubs.

I tried 2xHSB/4xCutters in a recent online event, and it just wasn't enough Brutes to really take advantage of them. It didn't help that I was playing against a bunch of knights with three champions, and were getting two cutter kills every turn plus whatever they managed with expendable rabble. Still, I think it would take a very favorable matchup, or a map with an exploitable choke point, to make that mix work.
It would be interesting (but very challenging) to try a build like:

2xDeathreavers
2xCutters
2xHSBs
Moltenclaw/Q10/Kaemon Awa (to fit point value)

The Deathreavers would roll out first, then the Cutters at the end of Round 1 or start of Round 2, then the HSBs. The Rats would do most of the screening work while the Cutters would use mob attack and/or position themselves to aid the Barging Brutes in Round 3. My main concern with that army would be not having enough HSBs, but if the Cutters are used well, that could be negated.

--
--
--

--
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I recently played 3xDeathreaves, 3xHSBs, 3xMajor Q10
Well, 3 Majors in one army could stomp just about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
It would be interesting (but very challenging) to try a build like:

2xDeathreavers
2xCutters
2xHSBs
Moltenclaw/Q10/Kaemon Awa (to fit point value)
Man, I dunno: that looks like an OM boondoggle. I would much rather go with more Cutters over Rats, or perhaps Raelin. That being said, I suppose that I would run this in two separate waves: 1) Rats and Hero (to take out those SA's; 2) Brutes/Cutters. Switch the two as situation dictates. You definitely have the 'challenging' aspect down, which could definitely make it a nice Reverse the Whip army.

I was not so fortunate in my 3/3/hero split.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; October 26th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: RtW, perhaps? Q10 does not make me feel as greasy as Q9.
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I recently played 3xDeathreaves, 3xHSBs, 3xMajor Q10
Well, 3 Majors in one army could stomp just about anything.
Hahaha, fixed. How do I love Q10 so much when I hate Q9 so much?

--
--
--

--
Old November 12th, 2022, 09:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: KC's Tourney Reports - NEW 12/3/2011, WW Lord,Van Ness,W

So it’s only been 10 years, but I’m back with another tourney report!

We had a 7-person team event over here in NE Ohio put on by Sheep. The format was to bring two separate 230 point armies, 10 figures max, they can’t share units and A+ units are banned. Then you team up with another player, and you each choose one of your armies to play. I went with these:

Major Q10 - 150
Venoc Vipers x2 - 230, 7 figures

And

Red Wyrmling x3 - 90
Black Wyrmling x2 - 150
Blue Wyrmling x2 - 220, 7 figures

I thought these were both pretty well-rounded into what I’d probably see. Plus I had to pull out Vipers for my first tournament in 10 years.

Round 1 - Q10 + Vipers, paired up with Deathwalker Over 9000 (Parmenides, Sacred Band x2, Guilty) vs Rich (Marro Drudge x3 and their Queen, and Wo-Sa-Ga and Nagrubs x3)

We played this on a jungle map with some general high ground in the middle. I elected to go heavy on Q10 early to draw the Marro into the nest of Vipers and Greeks. This game quickly became the Q10 show - he claimed a 2-hex perch and just started Machine Pistoling everything. The Drudge started going down and their queen was wounded early. WSG tried to carve through the Greeks, but missed a chance to crush Parmenio before Q10’s wrist rockets blew her up in one turn. Q10 and the Greeks cleaned up the rest of the Marro with Guilty and the Vipers chilling in the start zone.

Win, 1-0

Round 2 - I played solo with both my armies vs Deathwalker Over 9000 (Aguamo, Sonya, Marci, Otonashi) and Dante (Cathar Spearmen x2, Finn)

This map was very similar to the last one, except it had road down the middle. Aguamo was preparing to charge right down it. I knew Q10 would be in trouble against him, and the Wyrmling didn’t look great either, but they all did match up pretty well against the spearmen. I decided my best bet was to try and get a potshot or two off with Q10 and then let the Vipers deal with the big guy. He charged in, and Q10 survived the initial ramming. The Vipers activated then, being in range of Aguamo, and I just rolled like, all the frenzies. Probably 4-5 frenzies this game. The Spearmen missed all their engagement strikes, and the Vipers just tore through stuff. I rolled hot on the Black Wyrmling acid, too. Between Frenzy, acid and Red Wyrmlings shooting spearmen, I was able to come out on top again. The Esenweins tried to eat some snakes and heal up, but the baby dragons finished the job after a Marcu betrayal.

Win, 2-0

Round 3 - Q10 and Vipers paired up with Dante (Spearmen x2, Finn) vs Sheep (Mimring, Arrow Gruts x2) and Rich (Drudge + Queen).

This was the best game of the day. This map again had middle high ground but had some shadow. Mimring skirted the edges, staying at max range and sniping as Q10 pushed up. I knew Q10 would need to deal with the dragon and hopefully divert attention from the little guys while the spearmen got into position. This kind of worked - Q10 and Mimring did very similarly. They each took a few squaddies with them before going down, but both big guys were out of the game pretty early. However, while the Orcs were already in the fray, my Vipers were still in the start zone. Luckily, I stashed an OM#3 on the Vipers to get them into position for the next round, and then got a timely initiative and Frenzy to get them in the game. They didn’t roll especially well, but probably got their 80 points worth. In the meantime, spearmen we’re falling and bringing Drudge with them, as a Frenzying Viper snuck behind enemy lines to kill the last Arrow Grut. However, the Viper fell and soon it came down to Finn vs a wounded Drudge Queen. She disappeared into the swamp to the high ground, but the valiant Finn charged her anyway and took her down. What an excellent game! Thanks, Dante!

Win, 3-0

It was so awesome to get back to some Scape again! I got to bring my 9 year old son Luke with me (man - he wasn’t even born the last time I posted a tourney report!) who also played and went 2-1 in his matches with Braxas + Otonashi and Phantom Knights x3 and Marcu. I was happy to be able to bring him and the two of us had a great time! Thanks to Sheep for putting on a really cool event with what I thought were awesome army building restrictions! Hoping to get some more tournies in soon!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 14th, 2022, 01:17 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: KC's Tourney Reports - NEW 12/3/2011, WW Lord,Van Ness,W

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
So it’s only been 10 years, but I’m back with another tourney report!

We had a 7-person team event over here in NE Ohio put on by Sheep. The format was to bring two separate 230 point armies, 10 figures max, they can’t share units and A+ units are banned. Then you team up with another player, and you each choose one of your armies to play. I went with these:

Major Q10 - 150
Venoc Vipers x2 - 230, 7 figures

And

Red Wyrmling x3 - 90
Black Wyrmling x2 - 150
Blue Wyrmling x2 - 220, 7 figures

I thought these were both pretty well-rounded into what I’d probably see. Plus I had to pull out Vipers for my first tournament in 10 years.

Round 1 - Q10 + Vipers, paired up with Deathwalker Over 9000 (Parmenides, Sacred Band x2, Guilty) vs Rich (Marro Drudge x3 and their Queen, and Wo-Sa-Ga and Nagrubs x3)

We played this on a jungle map with some general high ground in the middle. I elected to go heavy on Q10 early to draw the Marro into the nest of Vipers and Greeks. This game quickly became the Q10 show - he claimed a 2-hex perch and just started Machine Pistoling everything. The Drudge started going down and their queen was wounded early. WSG tried to carve through the Greeks, but missed a chance to crush Parmenio before Q10’s wrist rockets blew her up in one turn. Q10 and the Greeks cleaned up the rest of the Marro with Guilty and the Vipers chilling in the start zone.

Win, 1-0

Round 2 - I played solo with both my armies vs Deathwalker Over 9000 (Aguamo, Sonya, Marci, Otonashi) and Dante (Cathar Spearmen x2, Finn)

This map was very similar to the last one, except it had road down the middle. Aguamo was preparing to charge right down it. I knew Q10 would be in trouble against him, and the Wyrmling didn’t look great either, but they all did match up pretty well against the spearmen. I decided my best bet was to try and get a potshot or two off with Q10 and then let the Vipers deal with the big guy. He charged in, and Q10 survived the initial ramming. The Vipers activated then, being in range of Aguamo, and I just rolled like, all the frenzies. Probably 4-5 frenzies this game. The Spearmen missed all their engagement strikes, and the Vipers just tore through stuff. I rolled hot on the Black Wyrmling acid, too. Between Frenzy, acid and Red Wyrmlings shooting spearmen, I was able to come out on top again. The Esenweins tried to eat some snakes and heal up, but the baby dragons finished the job after a Marcu betrayal.

Win, 2-0

Round 3 - Q10 and Vipers paired up with Dante (Spearmen x2, Finn) vs Sheep (Mimring, Arrow Gruts x2) and Rich (Drudge + Queen).

This was the best game of the day. This map again had middle high ground but had some shadow. Mimring skirted the edges, staying at max range and sniping as Q10 pushed up. I knew Q10 would need to deal with the dragon and hopefully divert attention from the little guys while the spearmen got into position. This kind of worked - Q10 and Mimring did very similarly. They each took a few squaddies with them before going down, but both big guys were out of the game pretty early. However, while the Orcs were already in the fray, my Vipers were still in the start zone. Luckily, I stashed an OM#3 on the Vipers to get them into position for the next round, and then got a timely initiative and Frenzy to get them in the game. They didn’t roll especially well, but probably got their 80 points worth. In the meantime, spearmen we’re falling and bringing Drudge with them, as a Frenzying Viper snuck behind enemy lines to kill the last Arrow Grut. However, the Viper fell and soon it came down to Finn vs a wounded Drudge Queen. She disappeared into the swamp to the high ground, but the valiant Finn charged her anyway and took her down. What an excellent game! Thanks, Dante!

Win, 3-0

It was so awesome to get back to some Scape again! I got to bring my 9 year old son Luke with me (man - he wasn’t even born the last time I posted a tourney report!) who also played and went 2-1 in his matches with Braxas + Otonashi and Phantom Knights x3 and Marcu. I was happy to be able to bring him and the two of us had a great time! Thanks to Sheep for putting on a really cool event with what I thought were awesome army building restrictions! Hoping to get some more tournies in soon!
Loved reading this! Glad you and Luke had a good time!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports