Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Generals: I firmly believe that we need to make this as compatible as possible with Classic 'Scape, and that means we use the established Generals of Valhalla, that is to say, Jandar, Utgar, Vydar, Einar, Valkrill, Aquilla. I think we can fit most everybody Tolkien ever devised into those established army types.
It seems a little strange to me that a powerful angelic being such as Sauron would agree to follow one of the Kyrie Generals, although he did follow Morgoth and Ar-Pharazon. I definately cannot see Morgoth or the other Valar following the Kyrie.

I was going to suggest that maybe Valkrill IS Sauron, but both Sauron and Morgoth fought mortals in battle and were wounded (although never destroyed). So I think we'd want to at least have Sauron as a playable figure.

I will point out that both HoSS and Project Pokemon make figures compatible with classic scape, but neither of them use the Heroscape Generals.

If we ARE going to make the figures follow the Heroscape valkyrie generals, I think we really need to come up with a good backstory as to how they got to Valhalla and how they came to follow the kyrie generals in their quest for the wellsprings. If we can't make a believable backstory, we'd be better off using unique generals/factions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post

If we use official generals I would like to have a rough outline of what would go with each general before we start designing figures.
  • Gondor/Jandar
  • Rohan/Einar
  • Mordor/Utgar
  • Isengard/Valkrill
  • Elves/Ullar
  • Dwarfs/aquilla
  • miscellaneous/vydar
If we are expanding this to cover the Silmarillion, then where would Morgoth, and the other Valar, and Hurin and Turin, and the Numenorians go?

Last edited by White Knight; October 1st, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
No Ullar?

However, I personally believe we should use our own generals from middle earth. Something on the lines of Mordor, Fangorn, Men of the West, Shire, Misty Mtns., Elven Alliance, and Mirkwood.

Mordor would include the Nazgul, orcs, Sauron, Shelob, trolls, Easterlings, Southrons, and corsairs of the coast.

Fangorn includes Saruman, urukhai, ents, and the wizard counsel.

Men of the West would be Gondor, Rohan, and the oath breaker ghost dudes.

Shire would be the many Hobbits including Smeagol and Tom Bombadil. This one could be combined with something else.

Misty Mtns. would be Gollum, dwarves, goblins, cave trolls, and balrogs.

Elven Alliance would be the elves from Rivendell and Lorien.

Mirkwood would include Shelob's offspring, forest elves, other peoples from the Hobbit, and Smaug.

That's seven generals, which is the same number of generals as classic scape. I honestly think that using classic generals will take away from the units. Actually building a Mordor-based army in a general wars game would be extremely fun.
Ents with Uruk-Hai, and Elves with Smaug is just wrong... I'd like HoME to supplement 'Scape (Like C3V) Not be a Separate game (Like Marvel/C3G)
However, I don't know why I would play LotR scape with classic. They're 2 seperate things from completely different settings, 1 is from a medieval era and the other is from all different eras.

Since when do robots defend Helms Deep?
Since when do Robots defend Valhalla? Aliens fight alongside Werewolves?

And another problem with making them separate, is that I'll never have enough money to buy all the designs we make. Meaning I'll probably never play exclusively HoME battles. I'll be playing Aragorn with KoW, and Legolas with WoA. So I want them to feel the same. I don't get that feel with Marvel.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Generals: I firmly believe that we need to make this as compatible as possible with Classic 'Scape, and that means we use the established Generals of Valhalla, that is to say, Jandar, Utgar, Vydar, Einar, Valkrill, Aquilla. I think we can fit most everybody Tolkien ever devised into those established army types.
It seems a little strange to me that a powerful angelic being such as Sauron would agree to follow one of the Kyrie Generals, although he did follow Morgoth and Ar-Pharazon. I definately cannot see Morgoth or the other Valar following the Kyrie.

I was going to suggest that maybe Valkrill IS Sauron, but both Sauron and Morgoth fought mortals in battle and were wounded (although never destroyed). So I think we'd want to at least have Sauron as a playable figure.

I will point out that both HoSS and Project Pokemon make figures compatible with classic scape, but neither of them use the Heroscape Generals.

If we ARE going to make the figures follow the Heroscape valkyrie generals, I think we really need to come up with a good backstory as to how they got to Valhalla and how they came to follow the kyrie generals in their quest for the wellsprings. If we can't make a believable backstory, we'd be better off using unique generals/factions.
Yeah, because Sauron and Morgoth aren't having a hard enough time as it is controlling Arda.

I completely agree with you especially at the bolded parts.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

@ Boromir:
I don't have the money either. That's why we're including classic scape proxies.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I don't see what the problem is. Just think of Middle Earth as another world that the Generals could summon from.

Although..... I wouldn't be totally opposed to making Sauron a General. He was summoned by Utgar, but basically started creating his own army. He'd need a cool card design, but I'd want it to look like a Classic one.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

The problem is that the using classic generals will give it a totally different feel than actually replicating real battles.

Sure, mixing robots and romans is okay in scape, but that would be messed up in LotR. and we have movies and books to draw this from, not just our imagination.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Quote:

If we use official generals I would like to have a rough outline of what would go with each general before we start designing figures.
  • Gondor/Jandar
  • Rohan/Einar
  • Mordor/Utgar
  • Isengard/Valkrill
  • Elves/Ullar
  • Dwarfs/aquilla
  • miscellaneous/vydar
If we are expanding this to cover the Silmarillion, then where would Morgoth, and the other Valar, and Hurin and Turin, and the Numenorians go?
  • The Edain and their descendents/Jandar
  • Mordor/Valkrill
  • Isengard and miscellaneous evil things/Vydar
  • Dwarfs/Aquilla
  • Elfs/Ullar
  • Morgoth/Utgar
  • Rohan and miscellaneous good thing/Einar
Edit: for the record I don't think making unique generals makes them incompatibly with classic scape, Marvel did it.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

• Gondor/Jandar
  • Rohan/Einar
  • Mordor/Utgar
  • Isengard/Valkrill
  • Elves/Ullar
  • Dwarfs/aquilla
  • miscellaneous/vydar

• The Edain and their descendents/Jandar
  • Mordor/Valkrill
  • Isengard and miscellaneous evil things/Vydar
  • Dwarfs/Aquilla
  • Elfs/Ullar
  • Morgoth/Utgar
  • Rohan and miscellaneous good thing/Einar
Now we're getting to broad, we're better off with our own generals.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Wow, we're getting more activity in a day than we we're in a month with the last project!
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The problem is that the using classic generals will give it a totally different feel than actually replicating real battles.

Sure, mixing robots and romans is okay in scape, but that would be messed up in LotR. and we have movies and books to draw this from, not just our imagination.
I don't see how you could get a real LotR fell using Proxies anyway though... And wer're not mixing Romans and Robots in LotR, we're mixing LotR in with the Rest of 'Scape.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Wow, we're getting more activity in a day than we we're in a month with the last project!
Lol, I'm liking this.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:

I don't see how you could get a real LotR fell using Proxies anyway though... And wer're not mixing Romans and Robots in LotR, we're mixing LotR in with the Rest of 'Scape.
So now Deathwalker 9000 is fighting alongside Sauron's orcs to storm minas tirith defended by knights of gondor allied with Omnicron Snipers?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs