Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Balalzag added 11/19

OK, so now that I think of it, Balalzag should be able to drag his victim around, just as the victim can drag him. Here's a revised FGE to reflect that (adding a reduced Move -- it's hard to get around if you're grappling with a demon.)

Fell Grip Engagement
If Balalzag causes at least one wound to an opponent's figure but does not destroy it, Balalzag must use Fell Grip Engagement. Balalzag and the engaged figure must remain adjacent. Neither figure can attack any other figure, or make leaving engagement attacks. When moving either figure, either normally or by a special power or glyph, you must place the other figure adjacent to it at the end of that move. The Move of both figures is reduced by 3.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; November 21st, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added revised card
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Aravi T'se added 11/22

My Demons need a cheerleader -- and someone who can add some range. Since I don't have any spiders, I've never done much with Estivara, so here's her twin sister, Aravi T'se:

Spoiler Alert!

Full text of the card to come. The only differences with Estivara are the renamed-Venom Ray doesn't work on Soulborgs/Constructs/Undead (I'm not entirely happy with "Soul Wither," any suggestions on the name for this spell?) The aura is reduced to 4, since I think Demons are a more useful aura. (And because of an upcoming Demon's aura which I want to match in range.)
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:58 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: Aravi T'se added 11/22

And rounding out my demon army: G'Naxthor!

Spoiler Alert!

Figure is the Star Wars mini "Molator". This was my first re-base, it's a double. Turned out OK, I think, I'll post a picture of it later. Here's its stats:

Valkrill
Demon
Unique Hero
Creature
Chaotic
Large 7
6 Life
5 Move
1 Range
4 Attack
4 Defense
130 points

Aura of Chaos
If any figure within 4 spaces of G'Naxthor rolls a 20-sided die, roll a second 20-sided die and a white combat die. On a shield, add the result of the two rolls, to a maximum of 20. On a skull, subtract the second roll from the first, to a minimum of 1. On a blank, nothing happens.

Grasp
While moving, you may choose a small or medium figure that is adjacent to G'Naxthor during its move. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to G'Naxthor at the end of its move. You may roll one attack die. If a skull is rolled, the figure receives one wound. Figures moved by Grasp do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Blind Rage Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3. If G'Naxthor rolls at least 2 skulls with its Blind Rage Special Attack, G'Naxthor may attack again with its Blind Rage Special Attack. G'Naxthor may continue attacking with its Blind Rage Special Attack until it rolls fewer than 2 skulls.

For this Valkrill Demon, I wanted a figure that actively created chaos around it, hence "Aura of Chaos." Grasp is basically Talon Grab, with a possible auto-wound added in there. The fig's huge hands just scream out for it. I'm still not sure about using Blind Rage here. I wanted an attack that had a possibility of it attacking friendly figures, for more of the chaotic theme, but my idea wouldn't fit on the card. Your suggestions are, of course, welcome.
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: G'Naxthor added 11/27

Playtest report!

So I got to try out my Demon Army against the Z-Man (son #2) this weekend, on the Ruins of Fort McAda:

G'Naxthor 130
Balazag 100
Skull Demon x 2 130
Soulaxe Demon x 2 60
Aravi T'se 80

vs.

Jotun
Q9
Axegrinders x 1
Isamu

Jotun and Q9 were recently acquired, and Z-Man always likes the big guys. I figured my Demons were going to get mowed down, especially since my only ranged attack wouldn't work on Q9. But fortunately for them, Z-Man rushed Q9 forward and I was able to get G'Naxthor engaged with him, with height advantage. Adding the bonuses from the Skull Demon and Aravi T'se, he was finally able to take him down. G'Naxthor's Chaos aura kept working against me, which was frustrating but just the kind of chaos I was hoping he'd spread. Grasp and Blind Rage were also useful, both to move Aravi T'se into position, and to squish some dwarves. All in all, G'Naxthor earned his points on his first play. The Soulaxe Demons? Not so much. They both got wasted (one by Q9, one by getting tossed by Jotun) before they were able to do much of anything other than take a few wounds on behalf of the Skull Demons. Balalzag wasn't used much either. He tried to Fell Engage Q9, but ccouldn't get a wound on him -- Jotun would have been a better choice, since he needs to get at least one wound in to make it work. He mostly served as a recipient of Wannock-caused wounds. The Skull Demons were the big winners, though, one of them took down Jotun with a couple of lucky rolls. The Demons shouldn't have won -- I had a Strategy Lesson with Z-Man about screens and using your range advantage. But only after I won, of course. He's beat me enough times.

So, plus marks on G'Naxthor and Aravi, which were definitely fun to play. Jury's still out on Soulaxe and Balalzag. Stay tuned.
Old December 11th, 2012, 01:15 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: G'Naxthor added 11/27

In a moment of Miniature Frenzy weakness, I picked up some of the Tannhauser figures that were on sale ($5 each!) at FFG. First up is Kira's sister, Hala Jax, with her QFP (Quantum Field Projection) cloaking device:

Hala Jax
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla
Mariedian
Unique Hero
Scientist
Tricky
Medium 4
3 life
5 move
6 range
3 attack
2 defense
30 points

QFP Cloaking Device
Once per round, before moving Hala Jax, you may remove her from the battlefield and replace her with a QFP figure. You must place the other QFP figures adjacent to the first. Transfer all Order Markers from this Army Card to the QFP Army Card, and immediately take a turn with the QFP.

Decloaking
While taking a turn with QFP, after moving and before attacking, you may replace one QFP figure with Hala Jax. Remove all QFP figures from the battlefield and transfer all Order Markers from the QFP Army Card to this Army Card. Hala Jax adds 2 automatic skulls when attacking immediately after Decloaking.

QFP
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla
Construct
Unique Squad
Eigenstate
Tricky
Medium 4
1 life
5 move
0 range
0 attack
2 defense
30 points

Quantum Field Projection
QFPs do not start the game on the battlefield. Instead, they are placed when Hala Jax uses the QFP Cloaking Device. QFPs may not attack, cannot be targeted by any normal attack, and never take leaving engagement attacks. If a QFP would take a wound, place that figure on this Army Card.

Detected
When a QFP and another figure become engaged, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 for each figure engaged with that QFP. Also subtract 2 if that QFP is on water, swamp water, or snow terrain. On a 4 or less, place that QFP on this Army Card.

Wave Collapse
If only one QFP figure remains on the battlefield, you must immediately replace it with Hala Jax. If that QFP would have received any wounds, Hala Jax will receive them instead. Transfer all Order Markers from this Army Card to Hala Jax's Army Card.

Bio:

Spoiler Alert!

Figure is Hoax, which includes the three "ghost" figures.

Costing? I based her stats on her sister's, at 30 points, but it's essentially 60 points with the QFP drafted.

As always, your suggestions are appreciated!
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: Hala Jax / QFP added 12/11/12

Made some updates in the OP on Helmed Horrors (added "Summoner" to Creator list), Lord Revadac (reduced cost, made Necrotic Force a 50/50 chance to self-wound), and Aravi T'se and Souls of Vengeance (removed Soulborg / Construct immunities).
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM

New card for Lord R:

Thanks to the 3FG (especially greygnarl and Kroc) for the wording fixes on him. New text:

CADAVEROUS TOUCH 11
When Lord Revadac receives one or more wounds from an adjacent figure's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound. Cadaverous Touch does not affect Constructs or Soulborgs.

NECROTIC FORCE
At the end of a turn where an Undead Squad figure you control was destroyed, you may instead place it adjacent to Lord Revadac. Lord Revadac then receives one wound.

INSANE COMMANDER
If Lord Revadac begins his turn adjacent to at least one friendly figure, roll the 20-sided die. On a 1-3, he must attack one adjacent friendly figure and then end his turn. On a 4 or higher, nothing happens.

And for Souls of Vengeance:

REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
Souls of Vengeance do not start the game on the battlefield. Instead, if one of your figures has been destroyed, you may replace that figure immediately, if possible, with a Soul of Vengeance. Animates cannot be replaced by a Soul of Vengeance. If destroyed, a Soul of Vengeance cannot be brought back to the battlefield by any glyph or special power.

SOUL FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 3. If a Soul of Vengeance has not attacked normally, and if it moved through an opponent's figure and ended on a previously empty space, it may use Soul Force Special Attack. Common Figures roll 2 fewer defense dice when attacked by Soul Force Special Attack. Animates are not affected by Soul Force Special Attack.

ETHEREAL MOVEMENT
A Soul of Vengeance adds 3 defense dice when rolling a defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When counting spaces for this unit's movement, ignore elevations. This unit may move over water without stopping, pass through figures without becoming engaged, and move through obstacles such as ruins.

I did two things with this new version -- I think I'm up to v.7 now? Anyway. First is closing the loophole, where Lord R. could continue to resurrect the SoVs. Didn't want that, so it's laid out in the first power. Secondly, the font on this card was so small you couldn't read it without a magnifying glass. Plus, the text on Soul Force Special Attack was too confusing. This version simplifies the power. I took out the multiple-attack bonus, and upped the attack to 3 to compensate. It's still in 6 point font, but at least it's better than 5.5.
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:54 PM

Next up, the Eyrian Scout:

Aquilla
Eyrian
Common Hero
Scout
Tricky
Medium 5
1 Life
7 Move
1 Range
1 Attack
2 Defense
15 Points

CAMOUFLAGE 5 When an Eyrian Scout is adjacent to a wall, ruin, tree, jungle, glacier, rock outcrop, or destructible object, or is in shadow, that Eyrian Scout has no visible hit zones, and always rolls 5 defense dice.

DISRUPT COMMUNICATIONS After moving, the Eyrian Scout may choose an engaged figure with an unrevealed Order Marker. Instead of attacking, remove the Order Marker and, without revealing it, place it on the Army Card of any unit that opponent controls with figures still on the battlefield.

DISENGAGE An Eyrian Scout is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Bio:

The orcish horde approached the border of the Eyrie Forest, swords clanking and gear creaking in the night. Stealth was not their style. Not that it mattered. Even if they'd been as silent as a dead grutworm, the keen-eyed Eyrians would have seen them coming from a league away. And smelled them. Which, in fact, they had.

"We'll eat some drumsticks tonight, boys!" said the Head Grut, in what passed for a whisper among orcs. The others, snickering, were thinking of the rich plunder of the bird-people. Not that any of them had seen an Eryian before -- damn tricky lot, those Beakies -- but still, they'd all heard the stories. With the promise of both slaughter and loot ahead, the Blades were starting to get restless, shuffling toward the trees. "Wait for orders, you louts!" Got to stick to the Plan.

None of them saw the Eyrian Scout among them, a master of concealment and camouflage. But they all heard him growl in exact imitation of the Head Grut. "Hold your position!" They stopped still. Even the Head Grut was confused. Did I just say that? And then suddenly the Left Flankers were charging. What the grut? This wasn't the Plan, the Flankers were supposed to move in second. Who gave those orders? If they went in first, they'd get surrounded by Beakies for sure, and then everything would fall to pieces.

Which, in fact, is just what happened.

Notes: The figure is the Star Wars Nelvaanian Warrior, which there only seems to be about 30 of for sale right now according to abprices. (On the other hand, still cheap!) I got this guy and his puny spear and shield seem to scream: filler unit! I find making good filler units a design challenge. The Eyrian Scout won't win any battles, but making your opponent change his plans at a critical juncture might be worth 15 points to you, and Camouflage might keep him alive long enough to do it. Any thoughts on powers, wording, and cost are appreciated, as always.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:08 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Eyrian Scout added 2/10/13

Eryian Scout:

I generally like this unit, especially since I already have some of this miniature. I like the theme that you went with too. Back when I first got these figures! during my Star Wars miniatures binge, I thought they would fit well with a Sudema army...
Anyway, I will give this guy a few plays when I get a chance, but I think the 1 attack is too low for the physical appearance of this guy. I would think at least a 2. I also wonder if the Disrupt Communications may cause him to be at least 20 points--since he is a common hero.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

Sure, I could make it an attack of 2 and a cost of 20. Sounds OK to me. After all, his shield and spear look nearly as threating a Roman Legionnaire's shield and spear...
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:31 PM

Revised version of the Eyrian Scout:

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:59 PM

Here's the latest: Seevric Tersec

G'Maan
Einar
Unique Hero
Guard
Loyal
1 Life
1 attack
3 defense
5 move
20 Points

Bodyguard
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique small or medium Hero to be the Master of Seevric Tersec. After revealing an Order Marker on
this card, you may first take a turn with Seevric Tersec's Master.

Protect The Master
When Seevric Tersec attacks a figure that is engaged with his Master,
roll 2 additional attack dice.

Sacrifice
If Seevric Tersec's Master would receive any wounds, and if Seevric
Tersec and his Master are adjacent, you may destroy Seevric Tersec and ignore all wounds.

Dying Words
If Seevric Tersec is destroyed when adjacent to his Master, you may
move any unrevealed order markers from this Army Card to his Master's Army Card.

Bio:
Seevric always knew that he was born to die. The Clan Tersec was one of the six damarks from which the elite G'Maan chose their bodyguards -- once. Now the wealthy and powerful of Vlemen chose from the other five, for the Tersec star had fallen from honor. For seven generations, the Tersecs had lived under the shadow of Haaver Tersec's shameful legacy. Haaver's Master was Grayne Crinosus, Patrak of the richest merchant damark in Vlemen. In 1027 EL, Grayne was assassinated by rivals from within his own clan. It was not shameful that the assassination had succeeded -- every Guardchild knew the credo "a thousand hilts to thwart, but one blade will stop the heart." But Haaver had not only allowed his Master to die, he had lived to tell of it. Worse yet, he was revealed to be in the pay of the assassins, who rewarded Haaver's betrayal of Grayne with their own betrayal of Haaver.

Haaver's name was never uttered by any member of the Clan Tersec. But growing up, Seevric felt the presence of Haaver's dishonor as a nearly physical presence. At every training, it was the impetus to push himself harder. At every meal, it was the bitter sauce on their meager fare. At every Guard Holyjour, when he and his brothers marched out of their damark and into the streets of Vlemen, it was behind the sneers of the other guardclans at the device on their shields.

So Seevric Tersec was relieved -- almost happy -- to have died in the service of his own Master. Bralwet was a onename, a commoner of no damark, but Seevric did not mind, for who else would hire a Tersec? And he had money from a small criminal enterprise -- enough money to have enemies, and enough to keep a guard at his left hand. Although Bralwet ruled his petty fief with petty savagery, he knew better than to treat his guard with anything but the respect due to a Guard of the damarks. And Seevric repaid him with loyalty, foiling six attempts on his Master's life. On the seventh attempt, as he stepped between the whirlblade and the Master's throat, he thought, "At last...."

Perhaps the shadow of Haaver would lessen, ever so little, over the Tersec name.

The mini is the Utapaun Warrior from Star Wars Clone Wars. Looks like there's about 50 or so out there. Seevric is a one-use pawn, whose sole purpose is to keep one of your guys alive one more turn. He might also get in a few licks of his own. The name is an anagram, as I seem wont to do when I can't think of a name.

Thanks for taking a look!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards