Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2016, 08:56 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Without proxying, I know that doesn't give me much but I know the Deathstalkers/Hounds are good proxies for each other and I have a squad of 4th (missing Card) that I could proxy as the 10th. The Sacred Band/Romans proxy also proxy well as each other.
I have never had a problem with using proxies. I would use Romans as proxies for 10th. Keep the 10th on the front line and as they die, replace the Romans. This would make a strong army:

100 MDG
300 10th x 4
80 Raelin ROTV
100 KMA
580 21 hexes
Old November 18th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How bout proxying the Deathstalkers for Swog riders with your Arrow gruts?

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 24th, 2016, 07:54 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

On a snow map,

220 DCoT x4
370 Ogre Warhulk
470 Ogre Pulverizer
520 Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider

Or remove Nerak and a squad of Deathchasers for another Pulverizer?

Playing against:

200 Arrow Gruts x5
275 Swog Rider x3
425 Mimring
510 Ice Troll Berserker
Old December 29th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Personally, I would go with numbers, so keep Nerak and Deathchasers. 4 arrow gruts vs. one Pulverizer can do a lot of damage before he gets anywhere near them. vs. chasers, they have to spread out their attacks more and sometimes you can deny them targets. Plus Neraks defense boost will help if you slow roll your army...

Either way, though, that looks like a bad matchup for you...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!

Last edited by The B.I.V.; December 29th, 2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Just noticed Mimring...
Old December 29th, 2016, 05:24 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Personally, I would go with numbers, so keep Nerak and Deathchasers. 4 arrow gruts vs. one Pulverizer can do a lot of damage before he gets anywhere near them. vs. chasers, they have to spread out their attacks more and sometimes you can deny them targets. Plus Neraks defense boost will help if you slow roll your army...

Either way, though, that looks like a bad matchup for you...
I did stick with the above army. It ended up becoming this play test. Playing against myself the DCs lost with a Troll and numerous Gruts remaining. However, on the same map with the same armies a few days later I played against my cousin (I used the DCs), and won with a 1-life Warhulk remaining. It was super tense.
Old January 5th, 2017, 07:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
On a snow map,

220 DCoT x4
370 Ogre Warhulk
470 Ogre Pulverizer
520 Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider

Or remove Nerak and a squad of Deathchasers for another Pulverizer?

Playing against:

200 Arrow Gruts x5
275 Swog Rider x3
425 Mimring
510 Ice Troll Berserker
I agree with the BIV. Nerak and the extra squad of Chasers will get you more mileage than one more Pulverizer would.

A lot of competitive players use Nerak + Raelin to play the Chasers (of all squads!) as a slow-roll, 4-attack 5-defense pod (with MBS to provide the ranged bait).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 8th, 2017, 10:44 AM

80 Wolves of Badru
200 Death Knights of Valkrill x2
340 Werewolf Lord
415 Khosumet the Darklord
475 Air Elemental x2
500 Dumetef Guard
500pts/14hexes

Thoughts?
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That's a fair few army cards. One squad of Badrus won't get you far, less so if you use them to have Khosumet move. His Attack bonus can be hard to maintain, there's little to nothing that is gained from him here. The other half of the army (Death Knights+commons), likely won't get far with only 4 DK's.

The only way I can see this army maybe working, as is, is if the player moved one core until it died. This can work, but can lose against anti-melee armies and very large armies simply because it will lose the battle of attrition.

You may very well be better off losing the Wolves of Badru and Werewolf Lord in favor of more Death Knights, or even the other way around.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

I agree with flameslayer93. Your army is focused in two directions. You need to go all in with a Wolves/Werewolf Lord army or go all in with a Deathknight army but using both just waters down their effectiveness...

Old January 10th, 2017, 07:55 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I agree with flameslayer93. Your army is focused in two directions. You need to go all in with a Wolves/Werewolf Lord army or go all in with a Deathknight army but using both just waters down their effectiveness...
I agree. What you have is a pretty bad competitive army. Could be fun in a casual game, though, or a way to challenge yourself against a poor opponent.

--
--
--

--
Old January 14th, 2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I agree. What you have is a pretty bad competitive army. Could be fun in a casual game, though, or a way to challenge yourself against a poor opponent.
A couple different decisions could've made a close game against my cousin's Blade Grut army. However, even in that (one of their best matchups), they have to be played 100% correct, so I'll have to agree with you guys here.

Rats x2
Templar x2
180pt Filler
500pts/?? hexes

Thoughts on the filler? Q9 fits the bill perfectly and gives a special attack but I'd rather not play Q9 because, well... he's Q9 (and I'm already playing Rats).

Sir Denrick and Concan work and Denrick gives a boost against bigger figures (something the Templar lack) while Concan could possibly boost the Templar and also Denrick.

Sir Dupuis and Eldgrim also fit and Dupuis adds more theme.

Any other combinations?
Old January 14th, 2017, 09:49 AM

More Templar and Marro Warriors.

Raelin and Krav.

Raelin v2 and Marro Warriors

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion