Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old June 15th, 2016, 10:54 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: McMeeple's Custom Building Terrain: 3 Part Mechanic Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Blending mode is key to set (I think I use multiple a lot as well). But the second part to the trick, which is my favorite part, is using the Blend If options in the layer styles.
Ah, another Photoshop power user. I should have know…..

I myself actually teach advanced Photoshop classes! We sir, have a lot in common!
I am an expert hack with Photoshop. I know a lot, but from an artistic standpoint I have my limitations, which I tend to know how to play inside of. I have a strong technical background though, which really helps with making sense of the tool.

Ironically I taught in a Graphic Design program for a long while. I taught the interactive design component. Teaching others to use Photoshop was a natural part of this as most interactive/web design work is done with it.

Designing for print is a lot less familiar to me. But somehow I figured out the basics of InDesign along the way. Packaging up my work for publication here is a good exercise in putting together a more polished product...which is a remarkable amount of work.
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:56 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's been a long time and I played with your terrain a lot,
Thanks! Would have loved to have heard more about other players experiences with the system. Hardly anyone here on this site discussed them with us over the years.
As a person digging into your ITF rules for the first time I have some thoughts on where I get confused. I will put together some feedback and post it into your thread. (I will do this tomorrow when I am back at home)

I come from User Experience Design background, so observing points where things are confusing or frustrating is my specialty...those are the things I seek to eliminate in my own work (professionally and here)
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:03 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! Would have loved to have heard more about other players experiences with the system. Hardly anyone here on this site discussed them with us over the years.
We've talked about it together...it's just been years and I think it was through email...I'm also a Miller if that rings a bell.

EDIT: It was actually quite a bit longer ago than I thought...wow time files...It was back in 2012.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As a person digging into your ITF rules for the first time I have some thoughts on where I get confused. I will put together some feedback and post it into your thread. (I will do this tomorrow when I am back at home)

I come from User Experience Design background, so observing points where things are confusing or frustrating is my specialty...those are the things I seek to eliminate in my own work (professionally and here)
Realize that those rules were originally created many years ago. If I was an independently wealthy man, and had all the time in the world, I'd love to go back in there and redo them.

In our attempt to appeal to a broad range of players, especially the rules lawyers on this site, we went a bit overboard trying to cover every single situation that the rules would create. All in all they are actually extremely simple rules. I just made them more complicated than the needed to be.

Anyway, it's on my ever growing to do list…….
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We've talked about it together...it's just been years and I think it was through email...I'm also a Miller if that rings a bell.

EDIT: It was actually quite a bit longer ago than I thought...wow time files...It was back in 2012.
Yep, we did indeed. Damn my memory as I age……

Does this all mean you guys are getting me interested in perhaps revisiting those rules again? Damn, I still gotta ton of yard work to do……
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Realize that those rules were originally created many years ago. If I was an independently wealthy man, and had all the time in the world, I'd love to go back in there and redo them.

In our attempt to appeal to a broad range of players, especially the rules lawyers on this site, we went a bit overboard trying to cover every single situation that the rules would create. All in all they are actually extremely simple rules. I just made them more complicated than the needed to be.

Anyway, it's on my ever growing to do list…….
Oh nothing to worry about. If you don't do anything with it, no worries. But I am going starting from ground zero with no guidance from you or someone that knows the rules. So it might be useful...especially if your revisiting them
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Here is one vote for a re-visit to the ITF rules.

My only concern with overpower was when smashing another figure with an ITF.
It was super powerful but incredibly cool and added a whole other layer of strategy and there is quite cooler than smashing a bunch of caped crusaders on top of a skyscraper with a taker truck. Epic.

I think Grish is right though, that over time you learn how to avoid getting smashed.
I think I may try to destroy ITFs before or while being carried.

Having ITFs and/or DOs adds so much to the game play

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:37 AM

This is how big my ideas feel sometimes:

And then I remember that I am married and want to remain that way.
Old June 16th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, we did indeed. Damn my memory as I age……

Does this all mean you guys are getting me interested in perhaps revisiting those rules again? Damn, I still gotta ton of yard work to do……

Well, after years (yes years) I finally came across a couple of play sets in the right scale and price point to justify getting into the ITF world. They are the Fast Lane Super Playsets from Toys R Us and I found a few Vehicles that I think are from Walmart's Adventure Wheels line in the 1/43 scale. That with a few building sets I picked up years ago and I have a solid Set for Super Hero battles.

That said this weekend will be my first run with that rule set, and I would be happy to post feedback if it is welcome.

So vote 3 (or 4) to a revisit.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 16th, 2016, 03:42 PM

I don't know what it took me so long, but I finally put all the buildings I have made thus far on the same map just to see how it looked. I have been doing small skirmishes with my son and hadn't yet setup anything like this.

I have to be honest, it didn't feel nearly as epic as I expected.

So I went and got my work in progress (Oroku Saki Tower from TMNT). This thing is huge. It's truly amazing how the sky scrappers really bring the epic factor that I had expected. Even without the artwork it totally changes things (stupid printer is out of ink and will cost $100 to refil...sadness).

What I learned from this:
  • I need to put together the larger and final mechanic shop building
  • I need more tall buildings
  • I need more in between sized buildings (8 and 6 story)
  • My base terrain is lame for CityScape (sadly I only have one Marvel master set) so I am going to need to make something (thinking pink foam with hexes pressed in and painted up)
  • I need a bigger table. The map needs to be a bit wider to allow for movement behind buildings
  • I need mucho accessories! AC Units, Cars and so on

I have been working on these buildings off and on since January. Needless to say this is an absurd amount of work to play a game...but man is it worth it. Perhaps it will be ready by next January.
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
So vote 3 (or 4) to a revisit.
I'd love to discuss the rules. Perhaps I should go over to my old terrain thread and not clutter up McMeeples building thread though!
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

@mcmeeple It looks good to me. I will say that adding cars signs and things like dumpsters really make a city map work. Otherwise it just looks like box's on a green field.
@Grishnakh expect a post on sunday

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles