Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old September 12th, 2020, 12:54 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Got some new HelmAverse minis in the post today. I rebased them and had a game with Lil Streak. He had Spidey & Daredevil, joined by the new Morbius & Black Panther vs. My Venom & Bullseye, with Sandman & Mysterio.
Lil Streak rolled for Morbius’ power on consecutive turns. He got 20 four times in a row! On the fifth turn he only got an 18. Craziest luck swing I have ever seen!
Old September 22nd, 2020, 11:08 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, that's some crazy luck right there. I imagine Lil Streak was feeling pretty darn good about his choosing Morbius.

Funny how that dice luck works. Whenever Lil Helm uses Batman, he hits the 20 sided defensive roll to avoid all damage seemingly every time. Constant rolls in the high teens.

Yet when he rolls for Moon Knight's pain tolerance, he is constantly rolling low single digits and Moon Knight is destroyed instantly. It's become a running joke that he will roll so differently for both characters. Lucky with Bats, unlucky with the Moon... wait, that reminds me of the good old days with Bats and moons.

I hope the Streaky family battle was a fun one. We've had a little pause here with scape but we hope to get back to it soon. We have a few A3n designs to playtest as well as a bunch of Helm family designs right behind them. We also ordered a few more minis last night because we have fragments of plans for some characters that we did not have pieces for. Geesh this can be a never ending habit.
Old September 30th, 2020, 01:01 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Matt helm - miss you, buddy! The customs are looking great, glad to see you're still playing!
Old October 1st, 2020, 08:49 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

G-Man, G-Money, G-zizzle, G-String.

What is happening, my friend? So glad you stopped by and waved to us. How's the family doing? That daughter of yours must be owning the world by now.

Glad you like the customs, it's been a team effort and we are thrilled with the results. More are on the way from each lead designer (Lil, Jr, A3n and Matt). I hope you're still playing with both Heroscape and whatever naughty games you got into that drew you away from here all those years ago.

One of these days I'm going to surprise you and log on to Mrs. Helm's Facebook so that I can comment on one of your posts. At least I think the Facebook still exists. I'm a dinosaur and I'm still trying to figure out how to use the google.
Old October 1st, 2020, 09:22 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
G-Man, G-Money, G-zizzle, G-String.

What is happening, my friend? So glad you stopped by and waved to us. How's the family doing? That daughter of yours must be owning the world by now.

Glad you like the customs, it's been a team effort and we are thrilled with the results. More are on the way from each lead designer (Lil, Jr, A3n and Matt). I hope you're still playing with both Heroscape and whatever naughty games you got into that drew you away from here all those years ago.

One of these days I'm going to surprise you and log on to Mrs. Helm's Facebook so that I can comment on one of your posts. At least I think the Facebook still exists. I'm a dinosaur and I'm still trying to figure out how to use the google.
Ha ha, yeah man! The daughter is 19 now [!!!], and I have 2 step-kids, 12 & 14. Luckily it's a house full of geeks so we get lots of gaming in.

As far as 'Scaping, it's less 'traditional' 'Scape and more elaborate RPG [either a D&D or DC Universe setting, depending on the mood] that uses HeroScape as the Combat rules with a simple set of social interaction stats grafted on [using the same HS dice] - that part is inspired by the old West End Games D6 Star Wars game.

Otherwise... lots of LEGO building, Transformers collecting, movie watching and retro video games. Life is good! I always creep on this site for the latest Army Cards, and your thread is the final destination.

Glad to see you and your family are doing great - I always keep up with you guys on the Facebook!
Old October 5th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
I always creep on this site for the latest Army Cards, and your thread is the final destination.
Well thanks for stopping in. Hopefully we haven’t disappointed. I know the TMNT were controversial as a squad but we love them and have received some positive feedback from some high caliber scapers.

My boys have really grown up, too, and They are key designers now. Some of their creations have moved to the top of our lists.

I have to ask if you guys Have tried any HelmAverse cards lately? My latest Green Lantern Corps (card pending) is begging for some Garada family action.

We also have A3n designed Starfire and Blackfire close to being finished in our international thread. In addition, a few more will be popping in here real soon as well as updates to Falcon, Psycho man and others.

So if you stick around a bit, please jump in with any commentary. We accept both positive and negative feedback.
Old October 13th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Captain Underpants

DC

DEATHSTROKE

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ASSASIN
CALCULATING
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 5
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 6

TERMINATOR’S ASSAULT
When Deathstroke attacks with his normal attack, he may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

DUAL TARGET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.
If Deathstroke is engaged with only one figure, choose up to 2 figures to attack with Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. The first chosen figure must be the figure engaged with Deathstroke. You may choose 1 other non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each chosen figure.

COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

——————

Lead Designer: Matt Helm

-----
Edit: Original Special attack wording draft...

If Deathstroke is engaged to only one figure, he may attack that figure with Dual Target Special Attack. You may choose 1 other figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke to be affected by Dual Target Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each affected figure.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 16th, 2020 at 12:23 AM.
Old October 14th, 2020, 08:23 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Wording for DUAL TARGET SPECIAL ATTACK is strange.:

Not sure what the first sentence is trying to say. "If Deathstroke is engaged to only one figure, he may attack that figure with Dual Target Special Attack." The official rules for HS is that if you are engaged you can only attack an engaged figure. So that would make the first sentence redundant. Unless you are trying to say "If Deathstroke is engaged more than one figure, he cannot use this Special Attack."

The second sentence seems like a confusing way of say you "After attacking with Dual Target Special Attack you may attack one additional time with this special attack."
Old October 14th, 2020, 10:38 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Wording for DUAL TARGET SPECIAL ATTACK is strange.:

Not sure what the first sentence is trying to say. "If Deathstroke is engaged to only one figure, he may attack that figure with Dual Target Special Attack." The official rules for HS is that if you are engaged you can only attack an engaged figure. So that would make the first sentence redundant. Unless you are trying to say "If Deathstroke is engaged more than one figure, he cannot use this Special Attack."

The second sentence seems like a confusing way of say you "After attacking with Dual Target Special Attack you may attack one additional time with this special attack."
That's exactly what I was trying to say. The wording I used here is basically the same that I previously used on the HelmAverse Kinsmen Multi-Task Special Attack.

So "let's nut this unit out."

As you stated, a basic Heroscape rule is that when engaged, you must attack a figure that you are engaged with and cannot target any figure that you are not engaged with. Of course the way to break Heroscape rules is with a Special Attack.

Therefore, Mimring's fire line can hit one engaged enemy and potentially a few others behind that figure. There are other Heroscape Special Attacks that allow you to choose additional figures that are not engaged as long as the first chosen figure is engaged. Basically that is what I was going for here (and on the aforementioned Kinsmen).

The theme is that Deathstroke has his staff and gun out, one in each hand. When engaged to one figure, and only one figure, he can strike that figure and shoot at an additional figure within range. When he is engaged by more than one person, he can choose to attack everyone around him with his normal attack using either weapon. And when he is engaged to nobody, he can only shoot one target with his gun (again normal attack).

So I know there are multiple ways of wording this but I thought I hit it in as few words as possible.
- first sentence says he can only use the Special Attack if he is engaged to exactly 1 figure.
- second sentence says you may add another figure that is not engaged to also be a target of the Special attack.
- third sentence lets you know that even though they are part of the same Special Attack phase of the turn, they are in effect two distinct attacks rolled separately.

Now of course if he is engaged to exactly one figure and there is no other figure within range, he still has the choice of his normal attack of 5 or his special attack (which would be allowed to trigger) of 4 to be used against another figure with Counter Strike or a defense enhancer against normal attacks. Think of it as using a more controlled precise attack to counter the defenders power.

Now that you understand the theme, is the wording still confusing? I kind of think you understood exactly how it worked but were just confused as to why it was written as it was.

I do think maybe the Range should be 1 + Special similar to the SA on Vibe.

I'm always open to considering edits so if you have some better wording to capture the theme and mechanics I'm looking for, I'm all ears (technically eyes because I will be reading and not listening).

--------

Speaking of edits, we found some silly mistakes on a few of the older cards. I remember you saying that since you switched graphic arts programs, we would need to write out all of the powers on the card for you to cut and paste into the new template. Did I remember that correctly or is it possible to just change spelling or swap out a word or two without writing up the whole power set?

Thanks.
Old October 15th, 2020, 07:40 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

No I didn't get how it worked correct from that wordage. Now that you have explained it I understand the intent. Sorry I missed it on the Kinsmen card.

So if the attack can only occur when engaged to only one figure (i.e. can't be used if not engage or if engaged to more than 1 figure) which is what I believe you are saying, I would suggest something more like:
Quote:
If Deathstroke is engaged to only one figure, choose that figure and choose 1 other figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Both chosen figures are affected by Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each affected figure.
Now if you intend to be able to attack one engaged figure & one other figure even if he is engaged to more than one figure then:

Quote:
Choose one figure that is engaged with Deathstroke and choose 1 other figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Both chosen figures are affected by Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each affected figure.
Old October 15th, 2020, 11:46 PM
Captain Underpants

The intent was that he could not use the Special Attack against one engaged figure and one non-adjacent figure at the same time if he is engaged/adjacent to more than one figure. It seems odd to allow him to shoot someone from range while fighting off two or more melee figures.

The idea was one melee and one range (if the one range is even there). So I'm leaning toward something close to your first option.

If Deathstroke is engaged with only one figure, choose that figure and choose 1 other figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Both chosen figures are affected by Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each affected figure.

I'm not really sold on the wording though as the "choose that figure and choose 1 other figure..." wording seems a little odd. What if we borrowed from Sharwin's Arcane Bolt:

Arcane Bolt Special Attack: Range 5 + Special. Attack 3.
The first target of Arcane Bolt Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Arcane Bolt Special Attack, if the defending figure receives at least 1 wound, you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure with Arcane Bolt Special Attack....

------------
The first target of Dual Target Special Attack must be the only figure engaged with Deathstroke. After attacking with Dual Target Special Attack, you may choose a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke and attack that chosen figure with Dual Target Special Attack.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 16th, 2020 at 12:02 AM.
Old October 16th, 2020, 12:03 AM

Hmmm, not liking that at all. Plus it wasn't how you intended the power to work & not Helm Family Inc have tested him.

What about:
Quote:
Choose 1 figure engaged with Deathstroke if he is not engaged with any other figures. Choose one additional figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Both chosen figures are affected by Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each affected figure.
Or a little more verbose in the choosing part but not overall:
Quote:
If Deathstroke is engaged to only one figure, choose 2 figures to attack wiith Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. The first chosen figure must be the figure engaged with Deathstroke. Choose 1 other figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each chosen figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations