Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 20th, 2015, 05:42 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: NUN's Somewhat Competitive Maps (no VS)

Ok, quick question for everyone: I have a map set up, but I don't remember how to make it. What is the best way to make it again on VS? Start with the top or slowly take it apart?
Old February 20th, 2015, 06:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I start with the bottom layer. Most of the time you can take off the top layers of the map completely, and then rebuild it layer by layer.
Old February 20th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I prefer top down. It can get fiddly flipping between layers in VS to make sure they're aligned right, but I'd rather do that than try to lift entire tiers off intact.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:43 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: NUN's Somewhat Competitive Maps (Some VS)

Added Armoc Marsh and put up building instructions for "Three-way lava map".

I do have more maps, but I still stink at sharing them.
Old February 26th, 2015, 07:13 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'm always a sucker for Swarm+TJ.

Quote:
Armoc Marsh
Pathing: You have to try this map. The pathing is really fun, but hard to explain.
I wonder how it would run with a custom Slither glyph in the center...

Slight quibble-I think one of the level 3 7 hex plates is off a space in the build instructions (the one one the left).

You might consider moving the bushes that are between the glyphs and the top level plates. Those areas will probably see enough action as it is (thanks to those two attractive features). If they're brought in a bit they'd better serve to protect armies trying to move from one area to another.

Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I'm always a sucker for Swarm+TJ.

Quote:
Armoc Marsh
Pathing: You have to try this map. The pathing is really fun, but hard to explain.
I wonder how it would run with a custom Slither glyph in the center...

Slight quibble-I think one of the level 3 7 hex plates is off a space in the build instructions (the one one the left).

You might consider moving the bushes that are between the glyphs and the top level plates. Those areas will probably see enough action as it is (thanks to those two attractive features). If they're brought in a bit they'd better serve to protect armies trying to move from one area to another.
Im not sure where I would put those bushes. With or without the bushes, those heights will be camped. The bad thing is if I move them in people might set up a 4th pod on the 2 height directly in front of the start zone.

Thanks for telling me about that misplaced 7 hex.

Oh, and I haven't tried the slither glyph yet. Good idea though! I appreciate input from a seasoned map maker, thanks.
Old March 4th, 2015, 02:17 AM

Added HW&DW3.
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Quote:
Im not sure where I would put those bushes. With or without the bushes, those heights will be camped. The bad thing is if I move them in people might set up a 4th pod on the 2 height directly in front of the start zone.
The red spaces would cover a lot of valuable terrain for moving across the map (especially from hill to hill for assaulting entrenched positions) without protecting the key campsites.

Quote:
I appreciate input from a seasoned map maker, thanks.
Overly opinionated=/=seasoned. But always glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Added HW&DW3.
Throw a VS image up for me to use and I'll add it to the family tree.

Old March 5th, 2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Throw a VS image up for me to use and I'll add it to the family tree.
I'll playtest it a couple times to see if it is even close to be considered "family" to such a great map.

Also, I'll try Armoc with the new bush set up. Thanks for the help again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios