Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: HS Heroes and DnD Party Roles-building a dungeon army

I'm torn on the Hydra. He is pretty evenly split between Defender and Striker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Defender-Excellent raw survivability through a combination of strong defense and/or high life. Moderate damage output, usually focused on melee combat, often accompanied by the ability to force an enemy to bring the fight to them.

Striker-Relatively low life and defense augmented by an ability to avoid damage another way, either by fighting from range or a special ability. High damage output, either through multiple attacks or special abilities that increase damage in specific situations. Often have very high mobility.
I'm leaning towards Defender, but he really could go either way, depending on how he is played. Does anyone else have any thoughts on where he should be placed?

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:30 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm torn on the Hydra. He is pretty evenly split between Defender and Striker:

Quote:
Defender-Excellent raw survivability through a combination of strong defense and/or high life. Moderate damage output, usually focused on melee combat, often accompanied by the ability to force an enemy to bring the fight to them.

Striker-Relatively low life and defense augmented by an ability to avoid damage another way, either by fighting from range or a special ability. High damage output, either through multiple attacks or special abilities that increase damage in specific situations. Often have very high mobility.
I'm leaning towards Defender, but he really could go either way, depending on how he is played. Does anyone else have any thoughts on where he should be placed?
Could it be possible or allowed for some figures to have two party roles, as with the Order Marker Usage of other figures?

Just MO, and I think he should be one of them. Maybe even list him and others like him that you have trouble with in a seperate, "Multiple" category, listing behind thier names thier multiple roles?

MegaSilver
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Could it be possible or allowed for some figures to have two party roles, as with the Order Marker Usage of other figures?

Just MO, and I think he should be one of them. Maybe even list him and others like him that you have trouble with in a seperate, "Multiple" category, listing behind thier names thier multiple roles?

MegaSilver
That's a good idea. Instead of an open "multiple" catagory, though, I think that I'll use color-coordinated asterisks to indicate other roles a unit is listed under. I'll enter the Hydra like that now, but it will probably take a couple days before I get a chance to fully update the entire list.

Edit: Thanks, MegaSilver.

Last edited by Killometer; March 1st, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

MegaSilver
That's a good idea. Instead of an open "multiple" catagory, though, I think that I'll use color-coordinated asterisks to indicate other roles a unit is listed under. I'll enter the Hydra like that now, but it will probably take a couple days before I get a chance to fully update the entire list.
Your welcome.

MegaSilver
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:57 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd have to agree on the whole idea... I don't have MS3, and our groups tend to range from 600-1000 points of heroes (which allows plenty of room for things such as multiple defenders and possibly even leaders ). Although, I must admit, the entire idea of a multiclass thing really works for figures who are just good in about everything (such as Q9 and Nilfeim, who serves well in everything except leader). Still an excellent point though!

--If you think 100 points of dudes is waaay too much, you'll have to remember that we tend to give the DM a little under 6,000 points of guys.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

--err, I mean 1000, not 100. Sorry .

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM

Added Morgrimm as a Defender-Tough+6 Life makes him very durable and Commander's Strike makes opponents want to focus on him.

Added Sharwin as a Striker-Arcane Bolt and Shocking Grasp add up to some pretty good offensive options, and Arcane Riposte provides an interesting defensive boost.

Added Torin as a Leader, Defender and Striker-he's a Leader if you keep him close to you other figs to take advantage of his Evil Eye Defense for adjacent figures, and a Defender if you just put him out front to draw in enemies. I'm even considering adding him to the Striker list as well (having 6 Attack against certain targets plus a trick to avoid being attacked meets the key criteria; yeah, I just convinced myself).

Added Estivara as a Striker-she has a good potential to deal unblockable Wounds, and okay potential to hise from any attacks for a turn.

Old March 17th, 2010, 03:33 AM

Dragonranger Woo who?

While in 4th Ed they have done alot of pigeonholing when it comes to the "Leader/Striker/Controller/Defender" concept, they have essentially given classes different options depending on their "Spec" much like in an MMO. I hate to use the obvious example but the Rangers in D&D are like WoW Hunters - they have their "I'm me and a pet" style (Beast Mastery - close to a combo of Striker and Controller) the "I'm doing lots of sniper shooting" (Marksman, pure Striker) and the "I bob and weave disorienting" style (Survival, a Controller) The figs that can fit in both could be thought of in this "spec" fashion.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:09 AM

I'm really not much of a fan of 4e's role classification, but that's due more to fan interpretation of them than actual in-game implementation. And, in spite of my distaste for them, they are still a handy tool for simplifying the general ideas of party construction.

Old March 27th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HS Heroes and DnD Party Roles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogusoid View Post
Great thread, I like your thinking!
Agreed.

Quote:
Also, I find the concept of the Defender a devious one seeing as Tandros Kreel is the only figure with a taunt attack. What good is a tank who can't force the enemy to attack him?
but you don't have to taunt to be a defender ...
Major X17... no running from him.
Sir Denrick ... dangerous to disengage.

The point is to prevent your opponent from wiping out your softies before they get a chance to attack.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM

I finally got around to cross-listing most of the units that solidly fit into multiple roles. I've got a few that I'm still mulling, though, so this update might not be finished.

For those who care
Spoiler Alert!

Old April 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I finally got around to cross-listing most of the units that solidly fit into multiple roles. I've got a few that I'm still mulling, though, so this update might not be finished.

For those who care
Spoiler Alert!

I care. Good job again, Kilo. Keep it up! I'm actually using this list to help build a dungeon based battlefield, where the players choose what figures they want from your list.

MegaSilver

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios