Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 24th, 2015, 04:29 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the huma

I think we have a lot of Jake's versatility and signature powers/moves covered here! And I think we have some fine shapeshifting moves condensed into one short, elegantly written power.

I like the choosing size thing, as it fits well with Jake blowing himself up or shrinking down to avoid all sorts of damage and nastyness, from getting sucked up/swallowed to poison, but does it work as intended within the strict wording and flow of the rules...?

Let's say Grimnak wants to chomp Jake. The Grimnak card says to choose a small or medium figure. Jake's card says he's small. Jake's player then chooses to count as large, to avoid being chomped.
That's the way I wanted it to work, but are all bases covered, from a rules lawyering perspective?
And I did an edit, where I changed it so that you choose between small, medium and large, excluding huge. Better? Worse? Indifferent?

EDIT: made a change to the wording in the last post...
Quote:
When Jake WOULD BE affected by a power on another figure's card, you may choose if Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge.

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 24th, 2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 04:57 AM

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If we EVER get around to making a Lady Rainicorn custom, how about a power where the colour of the order marker revealed decides her powers?
Old January 24th, 2015, 05:41 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
If we EVER get around to making a Lady Rainicorn custom, how about a power where the colour of the order marker revealed decides her powers?
I don't see how that's going to be particularly helpful as people rarely play with different colored Order Markers (and you're basically giving away what your turns are).

Another way to handle Jake could be something like this.

Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.

It certainly makes the decision a bit trickier if your opponent is running Braxas and Dwarves and I think I like that so that way you have to make tactical decisions.

Also is the word "vertical space" a defined Heroscape term? I do think phrasing it as "Jake's height is considered to be 25" is more in line with Scape terminology.

So that would mean assuming vertical space is a defined term it could be worded like this.

SHAPESHIFTING

When moving up or down levels of terrain, you may count 10 vertical spaces as one and Jake's height is considered to be 25. Adjacent figures attacking Jake never receive height advantage. Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.

Also Jake Suit might need some rewording. My thoughts and suggestions.

JAKE SUIT

After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes hero's Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it'sits card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it'sits card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. You may only use this power once per round.

In addition I do wonder about the precise timing. Is the Jake Suit supposed to activate after taking wounds or just the turn your opponent takes after the Jake Suit? Either way, how does it resolve if you finish a round with OM 3 on the card and then win initiative the next round and take OM 1?

(I also presume Jake dies if he receives enough wounds to be destroyed but the adventurer doesn't and that he returns to the battlefield if the adventurer receives enough wounds to be destroyed but Jake doesn't. I can't guarantee the card works this way but I presume that's the intent)

Anyway, yay for latetime random rules rambling.

~Dysole, brewing potential ideas for the next batch of characters
Old January 24th, 2015, 06:57 AM

Re: Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
I don't see how that's going to be particularly helpful as people rarely play with different colored Order Markers (and you're basically giving away what your turns are).
It was just a stray thought... you would have to have a complete order set of every colour to choose from, so yeah, you're right, your opponent would be able to see what powers you would use during a round, but not on what turns... Like I said, just an idea, definitely a fun and thematic one, not nescessarily a good and useful one...

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 24th, 2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old January 24th, 2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.

It certainly makes the decision a bit trickier if your opponent is running Braxas and Dwarves and I think I like that so that way you have to make tactical decisions.
I certainly see how this would work to keep the power within the strict limits of the rules, good one, but I'm afraid it also limits the power a bit... It was meant to be a 'reactive power', not an 'anticipatory' one.

I think I'll let A3n the Human adress your other concerns...
Old January 24th, 2015, 07:09 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed.
Quote:

Great idea.
Quote:
Also is the word "vertical space" a defined Heroscape term?
No it's not. I had been thinking about that, it was something we discussed using in C3G but not even sure where we landed there. It needs rephrasing.
Quote:
I do think phrasing it as "Jake's height is considered to be 25" is more in line with Scape terminology.
I know what you are saying, I just thought the word "considered" was redundant there. I'll leave it in as it does sound nicer.
Quote:
SHAPESHIFTING
When moving up levels of terrain, you may count up 10 sides of each higher level as one space and Jake's height is considered to be 25. Jake never receives falling or major falling damage. Adjacent figures attacking Jake never receive height advantage. Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.
I removed the going down levels but added the avoidance of falling damage.
Quote:
Also Jake Suit might need some rewording. My thoughts and suggestions.

JAKE SUIT

After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes hero's Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it'sits card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it'sits card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. You may only use this power once per round.
That changes the power to putting the chosen figure on Jake's card which means you have Jake still on the battlefield & the figure that gets the bonus not. Also you removed the part where you actually "choose" the figure so the rest of the power isn't correct.
Quote:
In addition I do wonder about the precise timing. Is the Jake Suit supposed to activate after taking wounds or just the turn your opponent takes after the Jake Suit? Either way, how does it resolve if you finish a round with OM 3 on the card and then win initiative the next round and take OM 1?
I don't see anything ambiguous about "After the opponent has taken their next turn". Turn is a defined HS term. I'm also fine if it's on OM3 & you get initiative & therefore have the Jake Suit on for 2 turns. I think that might add to the strategy & choice of when to use it.
Quote:
(I also presume Jake dies if he receives enough wounds to be destroyed but the adventurer doesn't and that he returns to the battlefield if the adventurer receives enough wounds to be destroyed but Jake doesn't. I can't guarantee the card works this way but I presume that's the intent)
Hmm, that is the intent but isn't spelt out. That needs to be covered .

Quote:
JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place Jake on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on its card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on its card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn or if the chosen figure has been destroyed, place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. You may only use this power once per round.
Quote:
~Dysole, brewing potential ideas for the next batch of characters
~A3n, holding his cup out for some of what Dysole is brewing .
Old January 24th, 2015, 07:18 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You Know What?

This is what I get for latetime editing. I didn't even realize I was changing the power. As to the turn thing it's a bit confusing but I don't think overly so. I think I like the current wording of Shapeshifting but Jake Suit probably needs a line explaining its stuff.

~Dysole, who has been rummaging Bubblegum, Marceline, and Ice King ideas
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:44 AM

Great work guys!

I still don't like having to choose a size for Jake in advance of things happening. How about another take?

Quote:
Jake is not affected by any power on an opponent's card that references a figure's size.
This makes him simply immune to any power that targets small, medium, large or huge figures. He simply blows up or shrinks down to avaoid any harm.
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:52 AM

Well

Quote:
Great work guys!

I still don't like having to choose a size for Jake in advance of things happening. How about another take?

Quote:
Jake is not affected by any power on an opponent's card that references a figure's size.
This makes him simply immune to any power that targets small, medium, large or huge figures. He simply blows up or shrinks down to avaoid any harm.
The way I see it is that Jake is kind of lazy. He often forgets to shapeshift when it would be an amazing idea to do so. This has caused him to run from things he should be able to absolutely destroy. Plus I like players having to make tactical decisions.

~Dysole, knowing that we will have to sacrifice some theme for gameplay
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:55 AM

I'm still not finished with the Rainicorn order marker thing...

Okay... You would need to have one set of each colour of order marker.
We have grey from the RotV master set, green from the SotM, blue from Marvel, and purple (we'll call it red) from D&D.
The colours corespond to the colour bars on the stat lines.

So the power could be something like this:

Quote:
When revealing an order marker on Lady Rainicorn, if the order marker is:
-Green, add 2 to Lady Rainicorn's movement this turn.
-Grey, add 4 to Lady Rainicorn's range this turn.
-Blue, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's defense this turn.
-purple/red, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's normal attack this turn.
So I could do a little bit of turn planning, and my opponents would know only that I had some of these bonuses during my round.
Turn one, I choose green for some extra movement. Turn two, I choose red, assuming I'll get to attack, and turn three, blue, for some added defense for the retaliation...
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:58 AM

Re: Well

Quote:
Quote:
Great work guys!

Quote:
The way I see it is that Jake is kind of lazy. He often forgets to shapeshift when it would be an amazing idea to do so. This has caused him to run from things he should be able to absolutely destroy. Plus I like players having to make tactical decisions.

~Dysole, knowing that we will have to sacrifice some theme for gameplay
I see your point, but still like this other version more. Also, it doesn't have any bookkeeping issues, like choosing each round would have.
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:21 AM

By the way, we have figures (available) for Finn and Jake, PB and ICE king, sadly no Marceline... But I would still like to hear your ideas for her... And the other's too...

I'm thinking about having a go at sculpting/converting some of the other figs...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards