Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 6th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Superman

No prob.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:30 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart

I dont mean to stir up any arguments that have been dead for a while, but in this C3G project if a card is deemed official and 100% done and something like heroic duty doesnt seem to make sense (wether it be thematically or mechanic-wise) we are to just deal with it and play how the card/FAQ tell us right? haha

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Well if there's a mistake like a typo or something, we can fix that. If you just don't like the power, then that probably won't change as it went through a lot of reviews and play tests.

What specifically doesn't make sense?
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear View Post
I dont mean to stir up any arguments that have been dead for a while, but in this C3G project if a card is deemed official and 100% done and something like heroic duty doesnt seem to make sense (wether it be thematically or mechanic-wise) we are to just deal with it and play how the card/FAQ tell us right? haha
Absolutely not. You can always go create your own crappy version of Superman in your own obscure thread (which I will ignore) and play games all by yourself. Savvy?
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Uh ... who deemed it official? It's still a custom project, no matter how high the standards are. We're certainly not beyond errata if there's clearly an issue with the power, but I haven't run into one and, Utgar'sWorstFear, your post really doesn't identify one either.
Frankly, it just comes off as a bit trollish.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Well if there's a mistake like a typo or something, we can fix that. If you just don't like the power, then that probably won't change as it went through a lot of reviews and play tests.

What specifically doesn't make sense?
Well just what has been discussed already about the Heroic Duty Power, and i dont really want to go into that again. But from what i read it just seems like the thing to do is ignore with it and deal. Which i dont know if im ok with, but this thing is sure to have been through tons of play testing so i guess its ok.

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Uh ... who deemed it official? It's still a custom project, no matter how high the standards are. We're certainly not beyond errata if there's clearly an issue with the power, but I haven't run into one and, Utgar'sWorstFear, your post really doesn't identify one either.
Sorry sorry sorry guys... I'll just come out and say, the way we play is superman moves adjacent to the figure that initiated his ability but acts as if he is on the exact spot that the originally targeted figure is. it thematically makes more sense to me and gets rid of the LoS, height, and other bonuses junk. Sorry if i just seem naggy.

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry sorry sorry guys... I'll just come out and say, the way we play is superman moves adjacent to the figure that initiated his ability but acts as if he is on the exact spot that the originally targeted figure is. it thematically makes more sense to me and gets rid of the LoS, height, and other bonuses junk. Sorry if i just seem naggy.
Well your last 6 or so posts have been complaining about Superman...
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:47 PM

I really don't see it as lack of clarity on the card, though. I see it as the card wording leading towards the clearest interpretation that the FAQ just goes further with in case there's anyone who's not getting that clearest interpretation. Short of releasing a rule book with every card, there's nothing that can be done to clear up every single possible misinterpretation. The Books of the official cards have tons of FAQs for this same reason - it's not that the cards are poorly worded, it's that miscommunication happens regardless of your word choice.
As for the thematically questionable aspect, I went back through and I'm just not seeing anything on that at all ... Superman sees someone getting attacked, he flies over to them (so no LOS or range was needed on Superman himself and it was never implied in anything in the power that he should) and then Superman, in whatever position he's in, rolls his normal defense (so of course he'd get any bonuses like height advantage - he's the one rolling defense). That's pretty clean, both mechanically and thematically, in my opinion. But some people questioned it, so we went the extra mile to add additional clarification.

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
How does that make thematically more sense? Superman is jumping in front of the attack, so he should be treated as if he's on the space he occupies, not on the space his friendly figure occupies ...

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I really don't see it as lack of clarity on the card, though. I see it as the card wording leading towards the clearest interpretation that the FAQ just goes further with in case there's anyone who's not getting that clearest interpretation. Short of releasing a rule book with every card, there's nothing that can be done to clear up every single possible misinterpretation. The Books of the official cards have tons of FAQs for this same reason - it's not that the cards are poorly worded, it's that miscommunication happens regardless of your word choice.
As for the thematically questionable aspect, I went back through and I'm just not seeing anything on that at all ... Superman sees someone getting attacked, he flies over to them (so no LOS or range was needed on Superman himself and it was never implied in anything in the power that he should) and then Superman, in whatever position he's in, rolls his normal defense (so of course he'd get any bonuses like height advantage - he's the one rolling defense). That's pretty clean, both mechanically and thematically, in my opinion. But some people questioned it, so we went the extra mile to add additional clarification.
I see what youre saying, but I just get a sense that whoever is shooting the figure had his gun go awry or whatnot and his bullets ended up in the spot next to the figure and not where he started out shooting. But I apologize again, and i guess i will shut up.

Old February 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well your last 6 or so posts have been complaining about Superman...
Well my intent was to perfect, not to complain. AGAIN. Sorry.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library