Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Doctor Light

The Book of Doctor Light

C3G MARVEL WAVE 5
WORLD'S VILEST

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #064-066 / Dr. Light.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #210 / Arthur Light.
Character Bio - Partnered at STAR Labs with fellow physicist Dr. Jacob Finlay (Dr. Light II), Dr. Arthur Light was using his access to sensitive information to commit industrial espionage for a competing company. In the act of stealing secret information Light was confronted by Finlay in the disguise of Dr. Light - a heroic identity her created using his light-based scientific inventions.

Deducing that Finlay was the heroic Dr. Light, Light confronted his friend - which resulted in an accidental laser discharge which disintegrated Finlay. Light was haunted by Finlay when it would become dark and he found that only light would drive the spirit away. During one haunting Light stumbled upon the uniform Finlay used in his heroic identity and he utilized its weaponry dissipating the specter.

Discovering the full potential of the costume created by his former lab partner, Light ventured upon a high-profile criminal career as Dr. Light.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can a figure affected by Blinding Light use a special power that requires clear sight on a figure adjacent to it?
    A: No. Blinding Light completely prevents figures from using special powers that require clear sight, regardless of where the figure is. They can still attack adjacent figures though, because that does not require clear sight.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Metahuman, Doctor Light has these Metahuman Synergies.
  • As an Antagonist, Doctor Light has these Antagonist Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Sensory Assault special power, figures within 2 spaces of Cloak roll one fewer defense die against Doctor Light's normal attack due to his Aura of Darkness special power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Antagonist

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 24th, 2022 at 11:43 PM.
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Doctor Light - Design Phase

NAME = DOCTOR LIGHT
SECRET IDENTITY = ARTHUR LIGHT

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = VINDICTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 190

BLINDING LIGHT
Opponents' figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Doctor Light cannot use attacks or special powers that require clear sight. Figures with the Blind Warrior or Sensory Assault special power are not affected by Blinding Light.

POWER OVER LIGHT
Energy Constructs cannot roll any defense dice against Doctor Light's normal attack.

SENSORY ASSAULT
If Doctor Light has clear sight on a non-adjacent figure's Target Point, Doctor Light rolls 1 additional attack die when attacking that figure.

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Are there other figures planned with the Blinding Light power? If not, there's probably no need to mention it in "Blinding Light".

Also, is "Target Point" an official term? I've never heard it.

Overall, it's a cool design. Very different, which is a good thing!
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set. Its model number and name is #064-066 / Dr. Light.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set. Its model number and name is #210 / Arthur Light.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:37 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh, and what's the theme behind the last part of Power Over Light? I'm not familiar with this character at all. It kind of sounds like he's blinding someone with light, but I'm not sure if that's right because the theme doesn't line up if that's the case. Being able to see someone's eyes doesn't necessarily mean they're looking at you. If that's what it is, it would be better represented that any figure targeting him gets a reduced attack, because they'd be blinded. Also, I would think being adjacent should also be blinding.

But again, this is all assuming I understood the theme behind the power. If not, then just ignore all of this!
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For the second power, I'm pretty sure the theme is that he's attacking Green/Yellow Lantern constructs and since he can pretty much control all light, they're weaker against him.
It would be interesting to brainstorm what other units might end up with the Blinding Light special power - I'm sure there must be someone.
My one suggestion - I think Blinding Light should only work if he has at least one unrevealed Order Marker on his card. That way there's a little bit more strategic decision making involved.
I could see Raven and Dr. Midnite having some sort of counters to his Blinding Light power due to their darkness based abilities ... maybe Obsidian as well.
Heck, maybe we should just have it not work on a power all of them have??

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM

My question about Power Over Light had to do with the second sentence. The first sentence clearly is about energy constructs, but the second sentence affects all figures. That's the part I had questions about.
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, yeah, not sure about that either.
Should those be two different powers? Seems like two very different things going on there.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Are there other figures planned with the Blinding Light power? If not, there's probably no need to mention it in "Blinding Light".

Also, is "Target Point" an official term? I've never heard it.

Overall, it's a cool design. Very different, which is a good thing!
  1. Dr Light (female version), Dazzler, Kronos, Ray, Kanjar Ro, maybe some more I can't think of.
  2. "Target Point" is the green dot that is defined in every rule book. The term has never been used on a card however, so that is why it doesn't sound familiar to you.
Quote:
Oh, and what's the theme behind the last part of Power Over Light? I'm not familiar with this character at all. It kind of sounds like he's blinding someone with light, but I'm not sure if that's right because the theme doesn't line up if that's the case. Being able to see someone's eyes doesn't necessarily mean they're looking at you. If that's what it is, it would be better represented that any figure targeting him gets a reduced attack, because they'd be blinded. Also, I would think being adjacent should also be blinding.

But again, this is all assuming I understood the theme behind the power. If not, then just ignore all of this!
The last part is about blinding someone to the point where they cannot shoot at ya. I agree however, the two sentences really are two separate powers. If you are adjacent to someone though, you don't have to aim, just swing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My one suggestion - I think Blinding Light should only work if he has at least one unrevealed Order Marker on his card. That way there's a little bit more strategic decision making involved.
I could see that.

Quote:
My question about Power Over Light had to do with the second sentence. The first sentence clearly is about energy constructs, but the second sentence affects all figures. That's the part I had questions about.
Quote:
Ah, yeah, not sure about that either.
Should those be two different powers? Seems like two very different things going on there.
I agree with you guys. How about this:
POWER OVER LIGHT
Energy Constructs cannot roll any defense dice against Doctor Light's normal attack.

LIGHTS OUT
When Doctor Light attacks a non-adjacent figure and Doctor Light has clear sight on that figures Target Point, roll 1 additional attack die.

Quote:
I could see Raven and Dr. Midnite having some sort of counters to his Blinding Light power due to their darkness based abilities ... maybe Obsidian as well.
Heck, maybe we should just have it not work on a power all of them have??
With my above power suggestion, and this one, I think they could all have the Lights Out power and accomplish this:
BLINDING LIGHT
Opponent's figures that do not have the Lights Out special power and are within 6 clear sight spaces of Doctor Light cannot target any figure or Destructible Object for any non-adjacent attacks or for any special powers that require clear sight.

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM

I thought the theme behind what you're calling "Lights Out" is that he blinds figures directly when he targets them, though, not that he plunges them into darkness?
I like everything you're suggesting here a lot except the "Lights Out" power name ...

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I thought the theme behind what you're calling "Lights Out" is that he blinds figures directly when he targets them, though, not that he plunges them into darkness?
I like everything you're suggesting here a lot except the "Lights Out" power name ...
OK, so a different name and you are sold... How about SIGHT SENSORY ATTACK
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
How about "Sensory Assault" though? "Sight Sensory" seems a bit redundant.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library