Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Bouncing Boy

The Book of Bouncing Boy

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 38
HEROES OF THE 31ST CENTURY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Bouncing Boy.

Character Bio - Born on Earth without any powers, Bouncing Boy is a 30th Century super-hero who has the power to inflate himself and bounce around like a giant ball. He received his abilities by accidentally drinking a super-plastic formula he believed was soda pop. His body's elasticity and resiliency becomes extremely rubbery allowing him to bounce with great force. Originally thought of as a useless power by his Legionnaire peers, he has adeptly demonstrated many times how he can use his body's shape and rubber-like consistency as an effective ballistic weapon. His "go-to" move is to use surrounding walls to ricochet back and forth and bowling over his opponents as he does. Proving his combination of invulnerability and velocity makes him a surprisingly useful combatant.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: A3n (160-170 points)
  • Second playtest: Streaky2007 (130-150 points)
  • Third playtest: Greygnarl xtra test (170+ points)
  • Fourth playtest: Trollbrute (180-190 points)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by A3n

Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Bounce wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:57 PM. Reason: png
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Book of Bouncing Boy - Design Phase

NAME = BOUNCING BOY
SECRET IDENTITY = CHARLES TAINE

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

BALLISTIC RICOCHET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4 + Special.
Bouncing Boy can only attack an opponent's figure that he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn. Figures do not gain additional defense dice for height advantage when defending against this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, you may move Bouncing Boy up to 2 spaces with his Bounce special power. Bouncing Boy never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving during this special attack. Bouncing Boy may attack two additional times, rolling 1 additional die for each subsequent attack. He may not attack the same figure more than once in a single turn.

BOUNCE
Instead of his normal move, Bouncing Boy may move up to 2 spaces with Bounce. When moving with Bounce, Bouncing Boy has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 30 levels in a single bounce. After using Bounce, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM

Some other thoughts of powers:

Mine:
Quote:
RICOCHET
During Bouncing Boy's normal movement, any time he moves 3 spaces and was adjacent to a wall or obstacle for at least one of those spaces, you may add 1 space to his move this turn.
From Griffin:
Quote:
RICOCHET
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, one shield will block all damage and you may immediately use the Bounce special power. If Bouncing Boy ends his Bounce move adjacent to the attacking figure, the attacking figure receives one wound.
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like what's in the SP, and I like this guy as a 2 power card. I think I'd stick with what you have.

No flying, though? He has a Flight ring, right?

And I almost wonder about SS for him. Seems like a guy who wouldn't take falling damage at the very least.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2012, 04:25 AM

I only wanted him (like nearly all other LOSH members) with 2 powers & wasn't suggesting the others as additions just more food for thought as it was discussed in the faction thread.

I was torn with the flying or the bounce, he does have a flight ring & uses it, but he is also shown as bouncing along side of the other members when they are traveling planetside. I think if I dropped Bounce in favour of Flying then I would probably go with one of the ricochets.

I think SS is appropriate but I couldn't find anything about how much he can actually lift. I remember from the cartoon show he lifted up their spaceship, but I don't recall him doing much heavy lifting in the comics. As far as falling, I think it's definite that he wouldn't take falling damage. Wiki even states "His power also allows his a limited degree of invulnerability since bouncing off walls and nearby objects have yet to injure him as they would a normal human."
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree with Bats, I like whats in the SP.

I prefer Bounce over Flying.

I also agree that he can/should have SS. This is a case as with some throwers we've given SS to that can ignore the physical lifting requirement because it would make him thematic in other ways. He shouldn't take falling damage and unless we give him a separate power that just says, "Bouncing Boy never takes falling damage" then SS is the way to go. We usually try to incorporate the no falling damage into another power if possible, but I don't see that we can do that here and I hesitate to create a power just for no falling damage if we can avoid it.

Also, giving him SS would also aid him against certain attacks, and his bouncing nature would help justify those benefits. For example: Pile Driver's Pounding Fist power gives -1 defense to figures w/o SS. But BB should be immune to that effect due to his elasticity and Pile Driver's fists bouncing off of him.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

He wouldn't have to have SS to avoid falling damage; you can just add that line into Bounce.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post

He wouldn't have to have SS to avoid falling damage; you can just add that line into Bounce.

But what if someone takes control of him and walks him off of a castle wall by using his normal move? Then that line in Bounce wouldn't help him. When countrolled by his own player, they would use Bounce to move and be able to move down 30 levels without falling damage. But that doesn't work with another player controlling him, and he couldn't use his special attack after using Bounce since the special attack requires him to use his normal move. But if he had SS, he would be able to use his normal move from height to attack someone lower and not take falling damage.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, actually I'm thinking SS doesn't fit the bill not only because we don't know how much he can actually lift, or if he could throw a car, but also because he shouldn't ever take any falling damage, even extreme falling damage. So I think we need to get that into an existing power or go with a third power.

Fwiw, I'm convinced that we should forget flying and stick with the bouncing movement power.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think a Falling Immunity power is in order. I see it like Lava Resistant and it could definitely be reusable.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:35 PM

Hmm .... we need a name for it that gives enough theme without the theme being so specific it's not easy to reuse, though.

Old October 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM

I like what Hahma said though about the powers that check an opponent for SS, the majority of them he would thematically qualify for. But it also got me thinking about the knockback powers/rules & he shouldn't take damage there either.

I think I am leaning towards just giving him SS for simplicity sake.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library