Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 6th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Penguin

The Book of Penguin

C3G DC WAVE 3
SHADOW OF THE BAT

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set.
Its model number and name are #007 / Penguin.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Cosmic Justice set.
Its model number and name are #022-024 / Penguin.
Its model number and name are #208 / Oswald Cobblepot.

Character Bio - Ruled by his own greed and arrogance, this would-be Gotham socialite has been an outcast all of his life, despite his desperate attempts for approval. Now, consumed with an appetite of vindication towards those who would look down their noses at him, Penguin has turned to a life of crime and eccentric indulgences. By being the owner of his own nightclub, the Iceberg Lounge, it is easy for the Penguin to maintain control of the information that flows through the criminal underground.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q:When I reveal an Order Marker on a card, and all the figures on that card have been destroyed, am I still supposed to roll for Self Importance?
  • A: No, because the rule book says that you may not "reveal" Order Markers on cards that have all of its figures destroyed. Those Turn Order Markers are "lost".
  • Q: If I have Riddler and Penguin both in my army, which do I roll for first? Riddle Me This, or Self-Importance 16? Both powers activate after revealing an Order Marker on Riddler.
  • A: The official ruling on powers that activate simultaneously, is that if you control both figures, you choose the order in which they activate. Quick strategic tip: You probably want to activate Riddle Me This first just about every time!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Umbrella-Copter wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:30 PM. Reason: png
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Penguin - Design Phase

NAME = PENGUIN
SECRET IDENTITY = OSWALD COBBLEPOT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME LORD
PERSONALITY = GREEDY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 120

SELF IMPORTANCE 16

Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Penguin, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Self Importance 16, add 2 spaces to Penguin's Umbrella-Copter movement for that turn. You may only roll for Self Importance once per Order Marker.

UMBRELLA GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3+.
After attacking with Umbrella Gun Special Attack, Penguin may attack one additional time. Anytime Penguin attacks a figure with his Umbrella Gun Special Attack after passing over them with his Umbrella-Copter 3 special power in the same turn, roll 2 additional attack dice.

UMBRELLA-COPTER 3
Instead of his normal move, Penguin may move up to 3 spaces with Umbrella-Copter. When moving with Umbrella-Copter, Penguin has the Flying special power.

Last edited by tcglkn; November 21st, 2020 at 05:03 PM.
Old June 6th, 2010, 05:46 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Penguin is looking good.

The only other comic art that I thought might be OK (with a little editing) is here...
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Interesting take on Penguin. A few comments:

- SELF IMPORTANCE - Is this really supposed to apply to opponent's figures, too, or is that just a typo? If it does, I think it might be too powerful thematically for someone like Penguin.

- UMBRELLA GUN SPECIAL ATTACK - I don't see how he can use the umbrealla to shoot and fly in the same "phase". He uses it either to fly or shoot, but not both at the same time, right?

- UMBRELLA COPTER - I don't think it should be stealth. One, because I think we've been overusing that lately, and two because an Umbrella Copter sounds fairly slow.

Last edited by GreyOwl; June 6th, 2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old June 6th, 2010, 10:28 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

- SELF IMPORTANCE - Is this really supposed to apply to opponent's figurs, too, or is that just a typo? If it does, I think it might be too powerful thematically for someone like Penguin.

- UMBRELLA GUN SPECIAL ATTACK - I don't see how he can use the umbrealla to shoot and fly in the same "phase". He uses it either to fly or shoot, but not both at the same time, right?

- UMBRELLA COPTER - I don't think it should be stealth. One, because I think we've been overusing that lately, and two because an Umbrella Copter sounds fairly slow.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

- SELF IMPORTANCE - Is this really supposed to apply to opponent's figurs, too, or is that just a typo? If it does, I think it might be too powerful thematically for someone like Penguin.
Honestly, I just wasn't sure where to take that, so I figured I would aim high and adjust the power as the comments rolled in. I will update now to affect only figures "you control".

Quote:
The figure I am using has two umbrellas, one for flying and one for shooting. I love the tactical decisions that this power could create, so I am liking its theme and mechanics, it will be difficult to sell me off of this one.

Quote:
OK, I wasn't sure about this one either, again I just thought I would aim high and adjust later, though I did sorta like the idea that he is somewhat slippery and good at getting away, but I will update it.
Old June 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Like the base stats. Though should his normal attack be 4, especially with range and an easy means to gain height advantage? Is he that good of a melee fighter or is that for a pistol? Considering Thugs need height or concrete/asphalt to even get an attack of three with a pistol, I didn't know how good Penguin really is. Is he an expert with guns? I'm asking because I'm just curious, as I don't know how he is in the comics vs. animated shows because that's all I see him in.

For Self Importance - With this, you can potentially take a full turn with 3 different units in one turn, though only once per round. Ex: Prof X reveal OM, Penguin takes turn then 2 mutants take turns. Or, Unique Hero that has bonding with squads and allows a squad to take a turn before him/her. That Hero reveals OM, Penguin takes a turn, Squad figures take a turn, original OM revealing Hero takes a turn. Cyclops's Telepathic Rappor, Cyc reveals OM, Penguin takes a turn, Cyc moves, Telepath takes a turn. What about Riddler with Riddle Me This where it says, "Immediately after revealing an Order Marker..." which "immediately" has the right of way, Penguin or Riddler's power? Do we roll a d20 to see who goes first or get to choose? If we have other powers in the future with the "after revealing OM, immediately do this" wording, do we have a precedent on how this works? I'm just curious.

Umbrella Gun - Interesting, can offer some neat choices. If you're adjacent to an opponent and use it, you'd have to risk leaving engagement to use it, but that might be a fun choice to make. Otherwise I can see some neat options in different situations.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
The figure I am using has two umbrellas, one for flying and one for shooting. I love the tactical decisions that this power could create, so I am liking its theme and mechanics, it will be difficult to sell me off of this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Umbrella Gun - Interesting, can offer some neat choices. If you're adjacent to an opponent and use it, you'd have to risk leaving engagement to use it, but that might be a fun choice to make. Otherwise I can see some neat options in different situations.
I agree strategically it makes for some interesting choices & will probably open up some equally interesting opportunities, but thematically it's lost on me. The Penguin never used his umbrella copter to zip around a battlefield. On the very rare occasion he used it to fly into the scene, but his main use of it was for exiting the fight. It was always more the live to fight another day option then a means of transport.

Cheers
Old June 6th, 2010, 10:54 PM

Even in the comics Penguin rarely uses his Copter and when he does it is usually for escaping, however, he has and is able to use it for tactical advantages when necessary. The figure has two umbrellas, so while one is flying (a minimum amount and not "all over the battlefield") the other is shooting.

I could drop his attack to 3 possibly.

For the concerns with the Self Importance power getting out of hand, I will change it so that it is an "instead of taking a turn with that figure" power. This way, if you reveal an Order marker on Cyclops, and then you use this power, only Penguin will take the turn.
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, I like his base stats, though 4 is a little powerful for an Umbrella gun, IMO (which I'm assuming the base stats represent). I'd rather see melee range for him and that 4 representing his Umbrella sword, then keep the gun in the special attack.
I like the revised Umbrella Copter - I don't think Stealth would be good there either.
I don't like Self-Important both because of the potential over-bonding issues and because, with a name like that, I think it should be a weakness, not a major strength. Right now it's definitely a strength - I'd love to see the power there be a weakness. I really like how so far we've given all the Crimelords a weakness on their cards and I don't think Penguin is without personality foibles that would/should show up as weaknesses.
So, I love the power name, but I don't think the power itself is working for me right now. Maybe something that forces you to take turns with Penguin instead of any other figures once per round? Something like that says "Self-Important" to me a bit more than what you have here.
Thematically I don't understand the fly-by restriction on the special attack. I'm kind of glad it's not just a straight up multiple attack because of the power level that would represent, but this approach is a bit lost on me thematically. Maybe you can explain where you're coming from a bit more?
In terms of power, with him at 100 points, I can't see ever, ever drafting Two-Face over him. He offers so much more to the Thugs than Two-Face does and so much more easily, and reliably, IMO. So I'm real iffy on the 100 point cost right now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM

Well the point cost was more of a copy and paste place holder from Black Mask, it means nothing right now.

The Special Attack theme is that if Penguin attacks you while he is directly above you, he has a good shot on you with "height advantage". Other than that, it was more of a fun tactical thing than just theme.

I will work on the "Self" power a bit more. I agree that the Crimelords should have a type of weakness, but I was having a hard time finding one for him. However, I think I have an idea.... give me a minute.
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Glad to hear changes are on the way for the Self Important power and, likely, his cost estimate.
For the Special Attack, I understand the second sentence, but the first throws me a bit ...

"After attacking with Umbrella Gun Special Attack, Penguin may attack one additional time if he moves again using his Umbrella-Copter 2 Special Power."

Why is the double attack dependent on his use of the Umbrella-Copter? I get the attack bonus coming from him using it, but not the double attack ... thematically, I mean.
Also, the mechanics are confusing there. Does he get to move, attack, move with the umbrella copter, attack again? Either way, I think that sentence needs a bit more clarity, whether what I'm reading is the intention or if the intention is something else.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library