Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2016, 03:13 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

OK, here it is, my first choice, the incredible icon whom we all know and love...
Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old October 9th, 2016, 04:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's A Me

Cool. Let's see what we can do.

How do people feel about Adventurer Team Up or something along those lines?

~Dysole, with that really being all she's got
Old October 9th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mario? Wow!

I don't like "Team-Up" at all, too "buddy"

Spoiler Alert!

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; October 9th, 2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:11 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 5

Pounce Special Attack
Stealth Leap 15

Points 25

25 for the cents to play :P
I like some of the ideas here, but there are some things I would like to at least consider incorporating into the unit.

1: He attacks normally, then "Jumping"(below)(?) takes effect.
2: He has Run (below).
3: I don't think Stealth Leap fits, perhaps a power called "Jumping" (below)?
4: He can buy power-ups for additional points.
5: I don't know what to do for life, the card will probably be full as is and a special power having something to do with his life could be very bulky.

Any General ideas?

Jandar: maybe, he is portrayed as the good guy.
Utgar: also maybe, he does get a ton of joy from killing Goombas (WAHOOO!).
Vydar: doesn't really fit the theme of Vydar.
Einar: no, just, no.
Ullar: maybe, a lot of his power-ups revolve around nature.
Aquilla: see "Ullar", above.
Valkrill: I'd rather see him in Utgar than here.

Some power ideas. All wording is placeholder, I rather like the names though.

Jumping:
When Mario moves, do not count elevation changes of 13 or higher. After attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, Mario may move up to 2 spaces. Mario never takes leaving engagement attacks.

Run:
Instead of attacking with Mario, you may instead move up to 3 spaces.

Superstrength symbol.

On a completely un-related note, I don't like "Team-Up" either, it seems cartoony to me, and considering the (assumed) dark nature of Stranger Things, it just doesn't fit for me.

Old October 10th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To help me visualize, what version of Mario are we talking about? I was thinking original ��

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 10th, 2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
To help me visualize, what version of Mario are we talking about? I was thinking original ��
Hmm... Interesting question... We could do an original version, or we could do a modern version, both are essentially the same however, each have a Run and Jumping, I don't see any difference between them unless we decide to let him buy power-ups and/or spin-attack.

Old October 10th, 2016, 01:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

This ones funny. I've thought about doing this guy before on a card. What mini would you use. Super strength is a super hero thing isn't it?
Some version of a pounce totally fits for good old regular Mario. You could make him double his size from eating questionable mushrooms. For the other costumes he wears. Cape or raccoon suit could make him fly. Then theres good old firepower as a ranged attack. You could reduce his abilities as he gets wounds, I'm thinking only 2 to 3 life. One when he's powered up, 2nd one when hes just big Mario, and one where he's little weenie Mario, and then he's dead. Some of the older games also having him wearing a frog suit. Also, he could have and X star power or something. Just spitballing, but if you do Mario, do him justice. My 2cents. Have fun guys.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 10th, 2016, 06:56 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Apologies for my absence everyone. Let me give Eleven a belated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
MARIO!!!
Most definitely an interesting choice.

For general I think Mario has to be Jandar. He's the goodie two shoes hero of the mushroom kingdom. (yeah I know there are fan theories about Mario being evil, but those are just fan theories. Mario is a goody goody according to Nintendo.)

Basic Stats
Race: Human
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Adventurer? Plumber?
Personality: ??? Determined?
Size: 3? Mario is supposed to be pretty short. Is there a figure in mind?

Life: 3?
Move: 5?
Range: 1
Attack: 2?
Defense: 3?

Honestly not to sure about what to do for his basic stats, but I do have some possible power ideas.

Plumber Leap
At any point before during or after Mario's move, Mario may Plumber Leap. Plumber Leap has a move of 5? When moving with Plumber Leap, ignore elevations. Mario may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Mario may not leap more than 15? levels up or down in a single leap. If Mario is engaged when he starts to leap, he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Mario may not attack if he used Plumber Leap this turn.

Squash
If Mario would end his Plumber Leap on an enemy figure immediately roll a single attack die. If you roll a skull then the enemy figure receives 1 unblockable wound. If the figure is destroyed place Mario on the space the figure occupied, otherwise place Mario on any same level space adjacent to the figure if possible.

Power Up
Instead of taking a normal turn with Mario, if there are no power up glyphs on this army card, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher you may randomly place 1 power up glyph on this army card.

I figured the power up glyphs could correspond to power items from the game.

I have to say no on the super strength symbol. That is strictly a Superscape mechanic.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 10th, 2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Apologies for my absence everyone. Let me give Eleven a belated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
MARIO!!!

For general I think Mario has to be Jandar. He's the goodie two shoes hero of the mushroom kingdom. (yeah I know there are fan theories about Mario being evil, but those are just fan theories. Mario is a goody goody according to Nintendo.)
Heh, yeah, it probably makes most sense to put him in Jandar.

Quote:
Basic Stats
Race: Human
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Adventurer? Plumber?
Personality: ??? Determined?
Size: 3? Mario is supposed to be pretty short. Is there a figure in mind?
Class should be Adventurer I think, unless there is anything else similar and official. Same goes for the suggested class.

Quote:

Plumber Leap
At any point before during or after Mario's move, Mario may Plumber Leap. Plumber Leap has a move of 5? When moving with Plumber Leap, ignore elevations. Mario may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Mario may not leap more than 15? levels up or down in a single leap. If Mario is engaged when he starts to leap, he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Mario may not attack if he used Plumber Leap this turn.

Squash
If Mario would end his Plumber Leap on an enemy figure immediately roll a single attack die. If you roll a skull then the enemy figure receives 1 unblockable wound. If the figure is destroyed place Mario on the space the figure occupied, otherwise place Mario on any same level space adjacent to the figure if possible.

Power Up
Instead of taking a normal turn with Mario, if there are no power up glyphs on this army card, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher you may randomly place 1 power up glyph on this army card.

I figured the power up glyphs could correspond to power items from the game.
I like Power Up especially, I think it really fits Mario.

Quote:
I have to say no on the super strength symbol. That is strictly a Superscape mechanic.
Then we'll have to tack a line on to the end of a power. I was wary about the symbol as well, it was pretty much placeholder.

Old October 10th, 2016, 08:44 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like where this is going. Maybe Height Small: 4. I think he should have a little more life. Of course over vasious games he has had one hit you dead (When not powered up in Super Mario Bros) To 5 hits (Super Mario Sunshine) to 3 hits (Super Mario Galaxy)

Ideas for power up glyphs.
Fire Flower: Mario gains Fire Ball Special Attack. Range 5. Attack 3. If Mario recieves a wound remove this glyph.

Invinibility Star: Until the end of the turn, when moving, Mario can move through all figures without becoming engaged. Any figure that Mario moves through recieves one unblockable wound. At the end of the turn remove this Power Up Glyph.
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
M_W decides to wander in!

Just 'jumping' in here. Maybe I'll find some time to stick around, as I've always been lurking around this project, and I think it's great.

I like the idea of Plumber Jump and Squash, but they can be kind of confusing. Squash is a bit difficult to understand, as you're not allowed to end your movement on a figure. What if we just gave him a jump ability, and an attack similar to pounce instead of that power set?

Squash Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 1.

At any point before, during, or after Mario's movement, he may attack with the Plumber Jump Special Attack. To attack, choose a figure within 5 spaces, and whose base is no more than 15 levels above or below Mario's base. Mario does not need line of sight to attack the targeted figure, and that figure cannot roll defense dice against this attack. If the figure is destroyed, immeaditly place Mario on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, place Mario on an empty space adjacent to the figure. If there is no empty adjacent space, destroy Mario. Mario may not use Plumber Jump if he attacked with his Squash Special Attack this turn.

Plumber Jump
At any point before, during, or after Mario's movement, Mario may Plumber Jump. Plumber Jump has a move of 5. When moving with Plumber Jump, ignore elevations. Mario may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. Mario may not jump more than 15 levels up or down in a single jump. If Mario is engaged when he starts to jump, he will take any leaving engagement attacks. Mario may not attack with his Squash Special Attack if he used Plumber Jump this turn.

The wording may need a bit more work, especially the last part about not using both powers in the same turn. However, I do think it's a bit easier to understand than Squash in its current form. I also think it addresses leaving engagement attacks better than Plumber Leap. It's not clear what happens if he leaps on top of a figure he's engaged with Plumber Leap, compared to Plumber Jump, and making Squash an attack.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 11th, 2016, 12:46 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel like squash should be for squads only Mario doesn't typically jump on what you consider to be the hero class in his games. He usually has to beat them some other way.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum