Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Notices

Old July 25th, 2008, 09:41 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Hostage Scenario with helper squad.

I've reen reading here at Heroscapers for a long time. Recently I came across Queezi's Modern Warehouse Custom of Kirby's Imports and really liked the idea of city buildings. I've also noticed the frequent discussion about special Marvel squads and who they should be. What I have not seen (and probably just missed the posts) is how to incorporate Marvel squads in a way that would capture the flavor of the comics. I've put together one scenario for a way to incorporate a unique squad into the game. I've also built several simple buidings (in the style of Kirby Imports) that I use with the scenario. The buildings will have to wait for a separate post as I do not have picures of them yet. For now, I thought I'd share the scenario. The basis of the idea is that in the comics, the non-hero combatants are pawns - they are not a threat to the hero. What they do is to distract the hero from easily defeating the opponent. Note that the police can be considered pawns as well when they cart off to prison the 'right-hand man of someone. Feedback is appreciated.

MarvelScape Scenario - the Hostage crisis

Scenario - The bad guy has some hired helpers that have captured someone important to the good guy and are holding the person as a Hostage.. The good guy must rescue the Hostage and defeat the bad guy. Good guy/bad guy is relative here, everyone has someone that is important to them.

Needed - MarvelScape, one 3 figure HeroScape squad (any type), three glyphs (or glyph proxies). For my use, I painted a squad of Nakita's to serve as the hired helpers, hence the name of the squad in the scenario is Henchlings and not Henchmen.

3 glyphs - 2 for distraction and 1 to be the Hostage . Glyphs must be of the same color. Players decide prior to play which one glyph will represent the Hostage.

Only one player may have a squad of Henchlings in a game. The player may only have one squad of Henchlings. The player using the Henchlings must declare the Hero to which they are attached. The Henchling squad has a point cost of zero (0), a move of five (5), a range of five (5), defense of zero (0), and attack of one (1).

At scenario start Heroes are placed in appropriate Hero starting areas. Player with the Henchlings then places the Henchlings on any legal hex on the board. A legal hex is one that any Henchling is capable of reaching to retrieve the Hostage. After placing the Henchlings, the Henchling player then secretly chooses which glyph to place under the base of each Henchling.

No order markers are placed on the Henchling card. After placing the Henchlings, both players/sides place all order markers and begin game using normal rules. When the Hero to which the Henchlings are attached uncovers an order marker, the player may chose to move either the Hero or the Henchlings.

Henchlings are allowed to transport the glyphs. When a Henchling moves, they may move with the glyph with them or leave the glyph behind. At any time a Henchling may 'hide' the glyph. 'Hiding' simply means to leave the glyph on a hex while the Henchling continues moving. A Henchling may only transport one glyph at a time. A Henchling that is not transporting a glyph may (by landing on one) pick up a glyph and transport it. The Hero that controls the Henchlings may not transport any glyphs..

Player not using Henchlings must both rescue the Hostage and defeat the opponent to 'win'. The Hostage is rescued by first locating the glyph that is designated as the Hostage. This is done by moving onto a glyph and turning the glyph over. When the Hostage glyph is located, the Hostage glyph is placed face up under the Hero.

The Hostage can be taken to safety by returning to the Hero starting area with the Hostage. The Hostage glyph is then removed from the map. If the Hero is attacked while carrying the Hostage, the Hostage is 'released' back to a hex adjacent to (and on the same height level) as the hero figure. The Hostage stays there until again rescued by the Hero or removed by a Henchling. Any time a face up glyph is landed on by a Henchling, the glyph is again turned face down.

If the Hero to which the Henchlings are attached is removed from the board, the Henchlings will attempt to 'kill' the Hostage if the Hostage is still on the map. The Hostage is 'killed' when a Henchling lands on the hex containing the Hostage glyph that is still on the map and successfully roll any damage. The Hostage does not roll for defense.

No Hero is allowed to 'kill' the Hostage.

If multiple Henchlings are engaged with a single hero, they may choose to group their attacks into a single attack roll. This option does not apply to 'killing' the Hostage.

As 'Heroes' would not kill, when a Henchling takes damage, leave the figure on the board and place two wound markers on the base of the Henchling figure. Every time order markers are placed, remove one of the wound markers. When there are no wound markers remaining on the Henchling, the Henchling is again available for play. If a defeated Henchling was transporting a glyph (either Hostage or distraction), the glyph is moved to a hex adjacent (and on the same height level) to the Henchling.

A hero may not attack a Henchling that has wound markers placed on the base.
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Hostage Scenario with helper squad.

Very interesting scenario...sounds like alot of fun.
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Here is an image of the card that I use with the Henchlings. Obviously I used the Nakita card as the basis for the card - I use a repainted set of Nakitas for my Henchlings.

Here are the warehouse buildings that I built to give the Henchlings a place to hide the Hostage (if they show up - my first time trying to add an image)

Last edited by Targanth; August 1st, 2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added builing pictures
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Looks awesome! Great custom buildings and great repainted babes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios