Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:51 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Yes, you are exactly right, as I see it. People seem to like this nominee. I know I do. But one of his defining features is strongly associated with D&D-style trolls, and specifically not with Valhalla trolls. Of which there is an example.

So I think you're exactly right. The bio you've given is the problem you've seen here, because of the association with Valhalla. Remove or change the bio, thus allowing for a more natural home world for this design, and you wouldn't have this problem with canon consistency.

I don't see anything confusing here at all.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:57 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The bio you've given is the problem you've seen here, because of the association with Valhalla. Remove or change the bio, thus allowing for a more natural home world for this design, and you wouldn't have this problem with canon consistency.
Done. My original submission post has been updated without a Bio and association with Valhalla as his home world. That should take care of the reservations for this submission.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yes, you are exactly right, as I see it. People seem to like this nominee. I know I do. But one of his defining features is strongly associated with D&D-style trolls, and specifically not with Valhalla trolls. Of which there is an example.
Wait, there’s an example of Valhallan Trolls? Krug is from Feylund, if you mean him. The Dumutef is the closest thing to a troll from Valhalla, but it still isn’t a troll.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Wait, there’s an example of Valhallan Trolls? Krug is from Feylund, if you mean him. The Dumutef is the closest thing to a troll from Valhalla, but it still isn’t a troll.
They're referenced offhand in one of the RoTV scenarios if I remember correctly.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
My mistake. Regardless, he looks like a D&D troll with a distinctly D&D troll power set. Valhalla is counterintuitive, and it's a fair criticism that Valhalla doesn't make sense here.

I think making a nominee fit seamlessly in the canon, as Sir H. has now done, is a pretty obvious way for a designer to help her- or himself through this process.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:07 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Covergent evolution is a thing.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
The bio you've given is the problem you've seen here, because of the association with Valhalla. Remove or change the bio, thus allowing for a more natural home world for this design, and you wouldn't have this problem with canon consistency.
Done. My original submission post has been updated without a Bio and association with Valhalla as his home world. That should take care of the reservations for this submission.
I was going to announce that the unit passed since we have a majority, but this changes things. (I also happen to support the change.) You still do need a homeworld, though. Toril or Eberron?
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My mistake. Regardless, he looks like a D&D troll with a distinctly D&D troll power set. Valhalla is counterintuitive, and it's a fair criticism that Valhalla doesn't make sense here.

I think making a nominee fit seamlessly in the canon, as Sir H. has now done, is a pretty obvious way for a designer to help her- or himself through this process.
Oh, I have no issue with the remainder of the post, just want to make sure there wasn’t an unreleased troll or something. Leaving him “backstory blank” is fine by me. DnD trolls are all over the place as far as looks go.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:15 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I was going to announce that the unit passed since we have a majority, but this changes things. (I also happen to support the change.) You still do need a homeworld, though. Toril or Eberron?
Toril seems appropriate.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Covergent evolution is a thing.
Yes, and that is almost certainly the case in Heroscape lore (hence Mariedians), but I do agree that, since regeneration feels, to me, like the D&D trolls' 'hook', and there are plenty of different ways to make a troll, it would result in a more interesting game if, once a Valhallan troll is created, it has a distinct flavour of its own (as I said before, preferably mythological or folklore based).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:33 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

YAY for Toril Rujin.

Since we judge the unit as a whole we have to consider all the little details as well. It's best to do that early before testing if these things matter to you, and I happen to be a stickler for some of these details.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
YAY for Toril Rujin.

Since we judge the unit as a whole we have to consider all the little details as well. It's best to do that early before testing if these things matter to you, and I happen to be a stickler for some of these details.
No worries. I agree. Glad y’all caught the inconsistency...something - as a designer - you can occasionally fail to see until it’s put on the “chopping block”

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs