Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM

greenless is surprisingly tart
GIMP is a great program and your tutorial is perfect step by step A+ for the effort. the only problem i have is i cannot get my customs to print the correct size. my first few attempts if the whole card had printed would have been well over 12x12 inches, any ideas on how to scale the card to the 4 7/8 x 4 5/8 inch?
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well, I have to say, this is the greatest tutorial ever.

As for scaling, greenless, I think the only way to do it is to figure out the height of the template if you were to print it at 100% and then scale it accordingly. I suggest using lots of trial and error and the printer setting that uses the least amount of ink.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:43 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenless
GIMP is a great program and your tutorial is perfect step by step A+ for the effort. the only problem i have is i cannot get my customs to print the correct size. my first few attempts if the whole card had printed would have been well over 12x12 inches, any ideas on how to scale the card to the 4 7/8 x 4 5/8 inch?
Click on 'Image' across the top of the menus and then choose 'Print size'. Change it to what you want and see if that makes a difference.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Old March 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Dmanus has disabled reputation
problems with creating a selection path with bevian tool

I'm having trouble connecting the dots...

whenever I make a path around my pic and then press the create a path, the path ends up cutting through the picture. Do you know how I can fix this?
Old March 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: problems with creating a selection path with bevian tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanus
I'm having trouble connecting the dots...

whenever I make a path around my pic and then press the create a path, the path ends up cutting through the picture. Do you know how I can fix this?
Without seeing what you did it is difficult to say... The only thing I can think off is that you missed something (like a tool setting) in the tutorial.
Old March 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM

greenless is surprisingly tart
what size do you set your cards to make it print the card correctly? i used the jpeg base card linked to in your howto thread as my background. as it is the whole card doesnt even fit on one sheet of 8.5x11 paper when it prints now. i already tried your suggestion but tried again to no avail. any other ideas
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:56 AM

Dmanus has disabled reputation
My problem is that after I use the Bezier tool to make an outline around the figure at step 9 in your tutorial when I try to create a path around the image connecting the dots it cuts through the image in a few places. Do you know how I can make sure the selection follows the dots and doesn't cut right through the center of the picture?
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:22 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenless
what size do you set your cards to make it print the card correctly? i used the jpeg base card linked to in your howto thread as my background. as it is the whole card doesnt even fit on one sheet of 8.5x11 paper when it prints now. i already tried your suggestion but tried again to no avail. any other ideas
I think the cards are 12.5 cm in width. I tried out my last sugestion and it printed at the right size.

Click on 'Image' across the top of the menus above the window with your picture in and then choose 'Print size'. Change it to 125mm. Then choose 'File', 'Print' and it should be the right size. This works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanus
My problem is that after I use the Bezier tool to make an outline around the figure at step 9 in your tutorial when I try to create a path around the image connecting the dots it cuts through the image in a few places. Do you know how I can make sure the selection follows the dots and doesn't cut right through the center of the picture?
If you follow the steps exactly as they are written it should work. However, a lot of people don't like using the Bezier tool as it can be fiddly so try using the eraser tool and then just erase the parts of the image that you don't want.

The only thing about that it to make sure you copy your initial layer in case you make a terrible mistake. The Bezier tool is non-destructive to your original picture but the eraser tool is quite destructive
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
This tutorial should be added to the "How to" sticky thread. I'll do a pm to see if I can make it happen. Nice tutorial whitestuff. I love the GIMP and have been playing around with it for years. I have not used it in a long time but you tut makes me want to break it out again.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:12 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
This tutorial should be added to the "How to" sticky thread. I'll do a pm to see if I can make it happen. Nice tutorial whitestuff. I love the GIMP and have been playing around with it for years. I have not used it in a long time but you tut makes me want to break it out again.
Thanks for the compliments
I was just trying to help others starting out.
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
STICKIED!!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards