Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2020, 11:29 AM

Airship of North is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question 2020 Compilation List of DIY Heroscape Threads

Hello all,

First post, so please forgive me if I am breaking any norms/rules here.

Have recently got back into my old Heroscape stuff because of the pandemic, and I'd really like to start making some custom units/cards. The only problem is that I don't have much experience with this kind of stuff and am not sure where to start. I have seen a few guides here and there around, but a lot of them are really old and have broken images/urls so I couldn't glean much from them. Is there a consolidated thread with relatively new information on this kind of thing?

Primarily interested in tutorials on:
1. Casting my own resin bases/terrain.
2. Rebasing minis from other games onto my own resin bases.
3. Best way to print out custom cards (have actually seen some great threads on this, so I think I can figure this out on me own, but anything within the past few years would be much appreciated as I'm sure there is some great new tech than can assist with this).
4. Creating custom terrain (trees, rocks, huts, etc).
Old December 2nd, 2020, 12:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 Compilation List of DIY Heroscape Threads

Welcome aboard!

The C3V/SoV's body of work would be a big sample of customs using minis from other games in traditional 'Scape. Of course, the C3G does the same thing, but with Supers. You should do your own, if you want! Of course. Many here do. Please share them.

As for crafting, I don't do that myself. Some do. Grishnakh was the grandmaster of that, but he hasn't been around in awhile.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 2nd, 2020, 01:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: 2020 Compilation List of DIY Heroscape Threads

X2 card creator is your easiest and nicest route to putting together custom cards. As far as making bases and terrain. Ive made things in molds and crafted many pieces of heroscape terrain by hand but by far the easiest route to doing this stuff is by 3d printing it. I print bases by the hundred on my fdm machine and have made a closet full of terrain for scape and other wargames. There is tons of stuff on thingiverse and the possibilities are endless if you learn how to 3d model. Resin machines are great for making miniatures. There are all the scans by our fellow scapers of pretty much all the original units and then you can print whatever custom models you want too. Ive done everything there is when it comes to making my own models with physical sculpting, modding other models. The two easiest ways to get custom scape figure models are: use boardgame minis. There are tons of board games bowadays packed with minis, or resin print them. Terrain crafting youtube channels for Dnd or wargaming terrain are golden for how to diy terrain. Only difference for scape is its just based on a hex base or interlocking base. Just spitballing, but there are tons of resources out there.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles