Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Army Judging Thread

Unfortunately, I don`t own the Greeks, Neo. Even if I did have the Greeks, I would still use the Romans.
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

This is the army I was going to use for the Gencon Main Event, but changed my mind. What do you guys thinks?

Aquilla's Captured Marro
Stingers x 4
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Darrak Ambershard
RotV Raelin
500 Points - 15 Spaces

Also the other day I tried,
Red Hot Iron
Fire Elemental x 12
Iron Man
660 Points - 13 Spaces
With this army I led with the FE, slowly leading them out, then when I started to notice a little bit of trouble, I zoomed in with IRON MAN TO THE RESCUE! Aka, save the little guys butts, and it worked well for me. I've only played it once though.

I also made a fun, agent army, but have not tried it yet.
Microcorp x 2
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Agent Carr
520 - 13 Spaces
Or you could change it and go
Microcorp Agents x 2
Krav Maga Agents
Nakita Agents
Deathreavers x 2/3
500/540 Points - 20 Spaces

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamoguy View Post
This is the army I was going to use for the Gencon Main Event, but changed my mind. What do you guys thinks?

Aquilla's Captured Marro
Stingers x 4
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Darrak Ambershard
RotV Raelin
500 Points - 15 Spaces

Red Hot Iron
Fire Elemental x 12
Iron Man
660 Points - 13 Spaces
With this army I led with the FE, slowly leading them out, then when I started to notice a little bit of trouble, I zoomed in with IRON MAN TO THE RESCUE! Aka, save the little guys butts, and it worked well for me. I've only played it once though.

Microcorp x 2
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Agent Carr
520 - 13 Spaces
Microcorp Agents x 2
Krav Maga Agents
Nakita Agents
Deathreavers x 2/3
In the first army, I would replace Darrak and Morgrimm with Kaemon Awa and another squad of Stingers for a super competitive build.
In the second army, I would replace iron man with Kurrok, two more fire Elamentals and a water elemental. The agent armies need Laglor.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

I just tested these two armies:

KoWx 2
AE 110
Finn
Thorgrim 80 each
Eltahale 140

And:

WoA x3
AA x2
Syvarris 100
KG 20
Emirroon 80
Arkmer 50

Feedback is appreciated. Do you guys think these are tournament caliber armies as they are? Please tell me you thoughts.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old September 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Sgt. Drake
Railen
Tarn Viking warriors
Omnicron snipers x2

total = 500 points

What I do it I grab some height with the snipers. Then I get Railen and the vikings up there. If I get them up there before any major fights break out then I have the snipers shooting people up on height, and if you come to attack the vikings get in the way with 6 defense (+2 from Railen) Then Drake pretty much cleans up and kills the people running away in fear from my awesome army. I made this for the tourney coming up but it looks like I may not be able to go. Still its fun to play so I thought I`d enter it in here. (It need to stay all Jandar.)

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old September 8th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

this is an army i came up with that would be fun to play, and horrible to play against;

Kaemon
10th x3
Reavers x3 (drop a reaver)

465, 24

and another:

kurrok
FE x6
WE x4

450, 11

A variation on firestorm, but with a little range, and units that excel on terrain that the FE's have trouble on.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:

Aquilla's Captured Marro
Stingers x 4
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Darrak Ambershard
RotV Raelin
500 Points - 15 Spaces

Red Hot Iron
Fire Elemental x 12
Iron Man
660 Points - 13 Spaces

Microcorp x 2
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Agent Carr
520 - 13 Spaces
Microcorp Agents x 2
Krav Maga Agents
Nakita Agents
Deathreavers x 2/3
In the first army, I would replace Darrak and Morgrimm with Kaemon Awa and another squad of Stingers for a super competitive build.
In the second army, I would replace iron man with Kurrok, two more fire Elamentals and a water elemental. The agent armies need Laglor.
I really like your idea on the first one. Unfortunately I don't have Kaemon Awa or any more stingers, but if I ever get the chance i'll try that army.

On the second army, iron man kind of became my "safety net" if I got in trouble, so I'm kinda worried that with Kurrok I would loose all that extra fire power. You know what I mean?

Wishwishwish I had laglor...

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
On the second army, iron man kind of became my "safety net" if I got in trouble, so I'm kinda worried that with Kurrok I would loose all that extra fire power. You know what I mean?
Actually, tossing in Kurrok is an almost necessary move when building an elemental army. It allows you to triple your activations per turn, which is especially helpful with the FEs because you get three chances to roll Searing Intensity on a figure when you would otherwise get only one.

My point is, I fail to see how not taking advantage of the full power of the Fire Elementals is losing "Fire Power".
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:17 PM

Lief45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is an army I built in attempt to use as many figures in a turn as possible. Heavy Gruts into Ornak into Kurrok into the Elementals and Brunak to move Ornak and Kurrok while they're skipping their turns.

Heavy Gruts - 70

Ornak - 100

Brunak - 110

Kurrok the Elementalist - 120

Fire Elemental - 35

Water Elemental - 30

Air Elemental - 30

Total 495

This is my first time on Heroscapers and I think it's a wonderful site. Im glad such a fanbase exists.
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome Lief45!

In general, you want to stick with one theme or another, or at least not try to mash two completely different armies together.

So, if you want orcs, take out the elementals and put in more Heavies. You don't really need Brunak either...You can replace him with Grimnak. And I assume you want an extra hero so the Red Flag'll work? Well you can always use Nerak, MBS(who fits in any army), or soething else that' cheap.

By the way, if you were trying to get turns with Elementals and Brunak, you need to remember that your Kurrok only gets those 3 turns if you reveal an OM on him

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:42 PM

Lief45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Welcome Lief45!

In general, you want to stick with one theme or another, or at least not try to mash two completely different armies together.

So, if you want orcs, take out the elementals and put in more Heavies. You don't really need Brunak either...You can replace him with Grimnak. And I assume you want an extra hero so the Red Flag'll work? Well you can always use Nerak, MBS(who fits in any army), or soething else that' cheap.

By the way, if you were trying to get turns with Elementals and Brunak, you need to remember that your Kurrok only gets those 3 turns if you reveal an OM on him
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Welcome Lief45!

Mind writing something down, man? I know it's been happening a bit however, so...just write it again

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion