Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Army Judging Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Well, while we're on the topic of Marro Armies, I like-
Su-Bak-Na- 160
Nagrubs x2- 60
Stingers x3- 180
Dividers x2- 100
500 points, 20 hexes. I think.
Anyway, Dividers can screen for the Stingers, and Su-Bak-Na kills anyone too tough for the Stingers to take down (in short, nobody). You have to keep those Nagrubs close to the Hivelord though, 'cuz if he goes down, those Dividers won't survive worth a . However, if they only have to get a 16 or higher, with a little luck, this army kills all in it's path.
I would replace Su Bak Na and the Nagrubs with three more squads of dividers and Raelin.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:49 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Great thread idea, Neo. Personally, I like to experiment a lot with my armies, but one that has never failed me is the marro. Its' a bit changeable, but the base is pretty much the same.

The hive - 160
X1 Stingers - 60 (Yes, just one)
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
X2 Nagrubs - 60
500 points, 11 hexes, plus the hive

Fairly straight forward. All of the OMs go on the hive. Then, depending on what your opponent does, you can either use the Nagrubs to move Tor-Kul-Na (Note that while the Nagrubs need to stay within 12 spaces of the hive, Tor-Kul-Na can go all over the board.) or move the stingers onto a high ground. It ussulaly wins without much trouble. Of course, ahvign two sets of stingers would be mroe safe, so if you want to give up the tank for a smaller version, try

Hive - 160
X2 Stingers - 120
Su-Bak-Na - 160
X2 Nagrubs
500 points, 14 hexes, plus the hive

Same idea except that Su-Bak-Na is slightly more maneuverable and has hive supremacy. Because of hive supremacy, I think this one might a bit better, especially with the extra stingers, but the other one is fairly effective also.
The Hive can't activate nagrubs
The Hive cant' activate Nagrubs?
Quote:
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with any small or medium common Marro Squad you control before taking a turn with Marro Hive. Any figure that is taking a turn must be within 12 clear sight spaces of Marro Hive, prior to its movement.
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:56 PM

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

They are Nagrubs, not Marro.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
Great thread idea, Neo. Personally, I like to experiment a lot with my armies, but one that has never failed me is the marro. Its' a bit changeable, but the base is pretty much the same.

The hive - 160
X1 Stingers - 60 (Yes, just one)
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
X2 Nagrubs - 60
500 points, 11 hexes, plus the hive

Fairly straight forward. All of the OMs go on the hive. Then, depending on what your opponent does, you can either use the Nagrubs to move Tor-Kul-Na (Note that while the Nagrubs need to stay within 12 spaces of the hive, Tor-Kul-Na can go all over the board.) or move the stingers onto a high ground. It ussulaly wins without much trouble. Of course, ahvign two sets of stingers would be mroe safe, so if you want to give up the tank for a smaller version, try

Hive - 160
X2 Stingers - 120
Su-Bak-Na - 160
X2 Nagrubs
500 points, 14 hexes, plus the hive

Same idea except that Su-Bak-Na is slightly more maneuverable and has hive supremacy. Because of hive supremacy, I think this one might a bit better, especially with the extra stingers, but the other one is fairly effective also.
The Hive can't activate nagrubs
The Hive cant' activate Nagrubs?
Quote:
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with any small or medium common Marro Squad you control before taking a turn with Marro Hive. Any figure that is taking a turn must be within 12 clear sight spaces of Marro Hive, prior to its movement.
They are Nagrubs, not Marro.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

WHAT?!? You have GOT to be kidding me! *Goes and checks* ...

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:34 PM

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM

There goes my backup. Who would have thought that my best army would have depended on the Nagrubs?
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

It still can. Just draft Wo-Sa-Ga
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:45 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I think the only Marro Army I've ever actually used was

TOR-KUL-NA-220
SU-BAK-NA-380
MARDEN NAGRUBSx4-500

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

TOR-KUL-NA-220
SU-BAK-NA-380
MARDEN NAGRUBSx4-500
Not bad, but I have a feeling it will do poorly against a swarm army.

Now, for my armies:
4x Roman Legionaires 200
1x Me- Burq- Sa 50
1x Ne- Gok- Sa 90
1x Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
1x Isamu 10
450 points, 21 hexes.
3x Roman Legionaires 150
1x Me- Burq- Sa 50
2x 10th Regiment of Foot
450 points, 23 hexes.
Which version do you think is better?
Old September 5th, 2011, 10:03 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are a few of my favorite builds,

Cyprien,
Sonya,
Railen,
10th Regx3
15 Hexes,500 Points.

Depending on what army you're facing,you can either charge with Cyprien,or advance your 10th Reg Railen pod.

Roman Legosx3,
Marcus Decimus Gallus,
Me-Burq-Sa,
Railen,
Hydrax1.
18 Hexes 500 Points.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

TOR-KUL-NA-220
SU-BAK-NA-380
MARDEN NAGRUBSx4-500
Not bad, but I have a feeling it will do poorly against a swarm army.

Now, for my armies:
4x Roman Legionaires 200
1x Me- Burq- Sa 50
1x Ne- Gok- Sa 90
1x Isamu 10
450 points, 21 hexes.
3x Roman Legionaires 150
1x Me- Burq- Sa 50
2x 10th Regiment of Foot
450 points, 23 hexes.
Which version do you think is better?
The first one is in dire need of ranged backup, so I prefer the second, although I think that Me Burq Sa and the leginaries should be replaced with the Sacred Band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Here are a few of my favorite builds,

Cyprien,
Sonya,
Railen,
10th Regx3
15 Hexes,500 Points.

Depending on what army you're facing,you can either charge with Cyprien,or advance your 10th Reg Railen pod.

Roman Legosx3,
Marcus Decimus Gallus,
Me-Burq-Sa,
Railen,
Hydrax1.
18 Hexes 500 Points.
I think that the first army is trying to be two diferant things at once and isn't good at being either. I would choose tenth or 10th reg and build up from there. I like
Cyprien - 150
Ornak - 250
Hydrax2 - 490
Isamu - 500
In the second army, if the Hydra is being used as ranged backup, I would use Kaemon Awa instead.

Neo is Heavy Grut...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion