Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: A brand new Heroscaper's very first custom attempt

Welcome to the community of Heroscapers. This is the best custom I have seen in a while. And a newbie? GREAT JOB. I'm not too much of a vet at this site, so I mean no offense by newbie. Anyways. I have one criticism. You should make the fonts smaller so they fit on the card. Do you use GIMP? If you do I can show you how to make a more official-looking card. Great job on the abilities, they're creative. The Statue is particularly useful. Great job! Keep the good ones coming!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM

spidey Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oprime View Post
I like this guy.

I would consider having his diving attack require him to start his movement unengaged as well as 3 levels to the intended target.

thus preventing a "walkaround" to gain the hieght while engaged and then diving.

something like: If gargoyle of dryxx begins its movement unengaged to, and at least 3 levels higher then an enemy figure it ends its movement adjacent to he may add 2 additional attack dice
Thanks for your interest in my custom figure and your thoughts about it.

My first thought is that I don't mind if he does a "walkaround" to use the attack. Also, as I think I mentioned in a previous post or PM, I think the attack needs to be a special attack so that he can't land on a space adjacent and slightly above the target and gain both the diving bonus dice plus an additional one for being at a height advantage. If it's a special attack, regular attack glyphs won't help, and landing on a space with height advantage adjacent to the target won't affect the attack dice. If the attack wasn't a special attack I think I would need to consider making the point value of the figure greater.

But you raise an interesting point. I'll rethink it again when it isn't so late at night. LOL

These forums are great. I'm really enjoying this site.

spidey

"A man that carries a cat by the tail, learns something that he will learn no other way." - Mark Twain
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:14 AM

spidey Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Welcome to the community of Heroscapers. This is the best custom I have seen in a while. And a newbie? GREAT JOB. I'm not too much of a vet at this site, so I mean no offense by newbie. Anyways. I have one criticism. You should make the fonts smaller so they fit on the card. Do you use GIMP? If you do I can show you how to make a more official-looking card. Great job on the abilities, they're creative. The Statue is particularly useful. Great job! Keep the good ones coming!

Thanks very much for your kind compliments and critique.

I already tried making the text smaller on the card, but I thought that it was too tiny to read. I suppose if I used a symbol for flight instead of the flight text I suppose it would make more room. I guess I prefer to have the flight text present because I find myself playing with people new to the game and they appreciate such things. It's something for me to think about.

I used Seashore and NeoOffice on my Mac to create the card. I've watched some videos of people using GIMP to make army cards. Seashore seems to be an equivalent program thus far.

I have 2 weekly gaming groups. One focuses mostly on tabletop RPGs and the other on tabletop board games. The board game group loves Heroscape so I'm hoping to playtest the gargoyle soon.

spidey

"A man that carries a cat by the tail, learns something that he will learn no other way." - Mark Twain
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM

.68 knows what's in an order marker .68 knows what's in an order marker
Lightbulb Re: A brand new Heroscaper's very first custom attempt

I have most of the stuff for the army I mentioned, except only 2 swog riders. Nerak can sub. in for a third or just be himself.

Looks like we get to play-test your gargoyle in his best(?) army core!
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I meant on the Information and his Stats. For the Special Powers, you could just move them over so they don't run into the picture.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:20 AM

spidey Woo who?

Quote:
I meant on the Information and his Stats. For the Special Powers, you could just move them over so they don't run into the picture.

Ahhh... Ok... I understand you now.

I once read that the font to use is called "Sans Bold." I have lots of fonts but none simply called "Sans Bold." All of the fonts I have with "Sans" in the title also contain another word along with it. I therefore used Arial and Arial Bold which seems to work well.

This custom stuff is great. I've roughed out 7 more customs (cards only without figures as yet). I hope to post more in the future once I've learned enough from making this gargoyle.

spidey

Old December 5th, 2010, 12:52 AM

Use Calibri, not Sans.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM

spidey Woo who?

Quote:
Use Calibri, not Sans.
Sadly I'm stuck with Arial as I have no font simply called "Calibri." Thanks for the tip though.

spidey

Last edited by spidey; March 1st, 2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Consistancy
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:48 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Or use Sans and bold it.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:00 AM

NovaRaptor is surprisingly tart

Hey! Great first custom. I really like it. It struck me as something i have to add to my draftable stack. so with that in mind. I'd really like to take a crack at cleaning up your card. I have GIMP and Magic set editor with the Heroscape addon. With your permission of course.
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM

spidey Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Or use Sans and bold it.

~Z

As I said in an earlier post... I don't have Sans. I have lot's of fonts with "Sans" in the title, but none that are simply "Sans".

spidey

Old December 5th, 2010, 11:32 PM

spidey Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaRaptor View Post
Hey! Great first custom. I really like it. It struck me as something i have to add to my draftable stack. so with that in mind. I'd really like to take a crack at cleaning up your card. I have GIMP and Magic set editor with the Heroscape addon. With your permission of course.

Hey thanks man. I hope it adds some fun to your games.

I got Magic Editor today. I'm going to try to clean the card up myself. By any chance do you have a link to the latest version of the Heroscape add-on for it?

I'm getting addicted to making customs. I've roughed out 7 more. I hope to post them soon. What's the best way for me to post all of my customs on the site once I have a few?

I'm really enjoying these forums... I wish the site had a chatroom like the RPG sites that I frequent.

Thanks again for the positive and constructive feedback folks.

spidey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards