Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29th, 2018, 07:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Trex's customs:New Starcraft and Star Wars Cards 10/28/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I like the changes to Probe Droid, Bib, and the Container DO's.
Thanks Porkins. I'm all done with any HoSS Official Card Changes. I didn't really have too many of them. They were always cards that just kind of stood out because their potential didn't really shine. Except for Bib. He shined to much. Also the squad of 4 storm troopers just overshadowed the other imperial squads making them an unviable option.

EDIT: Also added in Nute Gunray, Neimoidian Guards, and the Neimoidian Brute to the OP.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 30th, 2018, 02:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Do you think those could be viable changes officially? Also, what are your thoughts on what ive done with the storm troopers to make the other imperial squads usable?

Old October 30th, 2018, 09:54 PM
"like" happy

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:02 AM.
Old October 30th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like Nute, he adds to the Droid faction well. I think I like the second power better. The B1s could be commanded by the B1 Commander, while the Destroyer Droids could be commanded by Nute. He even has that incredibly iconic line "Where are those Droidekas?"

I had this idea for Nute in my inner sanctum brainstorms:

COWARDICE
When Nute Gunray is engaged, he may not use any other special powers.
Old October 30th, 2018, 10:27 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I like Nute, he adds to the Droid faction well. I think I like the second power better. The B1s could be commanded by the B1 Commander, while the Destroyer Droids could be commanded by Nute. He even has that incredibly iconic line "Where are those Droidekas?"

I had this idea for Nute in my inner sanctum brainstorms:

COWARDICE
When Nute Gunray is engaged, he may not use any other special powers.
Nice. I like the Cowardice Touch, that keeps it in check. If the first power was on a droid commander I'd want it to maybe be a unique hero of sorts to keep it in check as well. I wouldn't want multiple B1 droid commanders able to keep bringing in droids. I'd want it to where you could try to snuff them out.

I think I'd want to make the second power "Where are those Droidekas?"
Then use your Cowardice power as his third.

EDIT: Updated. Now that I'm looking at it, I'm seeing that I need quotations on the first power as well.

Old October 31st, 2018, 11:01 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Do you think those could be viable changes officially? Also, what are your thoughts on what ive done with the storm troopers to make the other imperial squads usable?
Well, we discussed the change to Bib before and never really came to a conclusion that a change was necessary due to multiple tests that seemed satisfactory and one tournament experience you had with him that was unsatisfactory.

I could totally get behind an official change to Probe Droid and DO's for the exact reasons you describe (PD not worth the OM, DO's difficult to track life).

We have a lot of history with the Stormtroopers; I don't think I'd be willing to change them.
Old October 31st, 2018, 07:26 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Well, we discussed the change to Bib before and never really came to a conclusion that a change was necessary due to multiple tests that seemed satisfactory and one tournament experience you had with him that was unsatisfactory.

I could totally get behind an official change to Probe Droid and DO's for the exact reasons you describe (PD not worth the OM, DO's difficult to track life).

We have a lot of history with the Stormtroopers; I don't think I'd be willing to change them.
The change to the storm troopers does not really change how they function. It just allows the other imperial units such as scout troopers, snow troopers, and imperial navy troopers to have a chance at being used. Otherwise it doesnt make sense to draft them over storm troopers every time. If you guys dont want to change them its ok by me. Thats why Im putting my custom thread together how it is. If I can help invigorate HoSS along the way, I would love that too.

Old October 31st, 2018, 10:26 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'd rather bump the other Stormtrooper variants up to 4 man squads if we were changing anything. Increase their cost so that you can spend extra points for the terrain-dependent troopers or pay the cheapest cost to get the base Troopers.
Old November 1st, 2018, 01:21 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I'd rather bump the other Stormtrooper variants up to 4 man squads if we were changing anything. Increase their cost so that you can spend extra points for the terrain-dependent troopers or pay the cheapest cost to get the base Troopers.
Yeah, the whole point to a change is to make the other Imperial squads viable. Right now, when it comes down to it, no one is going to draft any of the other squads over the stormtroopers. Maybe the scout troopers. Imperial navy or snowtroopers probably not. I agree if they were also made into 4 man squads with a compensating price difference theyd be back in the game. @Porkins , maybe we should look there instead? I never draft snowtroopers or imperial navy troopers for this reason. The scout troops would still be ok, especially for what they do.

Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:48 AM
"like" happy

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:02 AM.
Old November 5th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Ooh, I forgot to comment here. I like these a lot. I like it when I can imagine a little “movie” in my head of what’s happening on the battlefield, and these certainly pass the test. I can totally see a small force on a hill shooting these guys at a far larger invading army.

Did you intend for it to get height advantage when on a hill? I would probably give DOs the ability to have height when attacking, but I could see why someone wouldn’t.
Old November 5th, 2018, 06:52 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Ooh, I forgot to comment here. I like these a lot. I like it when I can imagine a little “movie” in my head of what’s happening on the battlefield, and these certainly pass the test. I can totally see a small force on a hill shooting these guys at a far larger invading army.

Did you intend for it to get height advantage when on a hill? I would probably give DOs the ability to have height when attacking, but I could see why someone wouldn’t.
Thanks. Yes, for the regular (round shot) attack that affects 1 figure it does get height advantage when attacking a figure on a lower height of terrain than itself. With the Grapeshot special attack it does not, as with any special attack.
I gave away a set of 2 of these at our last tournament on the prize table.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards