Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 26th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

He was an acrobat in life, and often uses those skills while possessing people. Do you think you could work something in to that effect?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 27th, 2014, 04:14 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

You could throw Harley's Acrobatic Maneuver in there as well I suppose.

ACROBATIC MANEUVER
When Deadman rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage. For each shield rolled, you may immediately move Deadman one space up to 6 levels up or down. When Deadman moves using Acrobatic Maneuver, he will not take any falling damage or leaving engagement attacks.

You'd just have to drop his defense to 3 or 4 to compensate.
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Acrobatic Maneuver and Intangibility is going to make him pretty annoying to hit. He should definitely be down to 3 defense dice if you go that route.
Old December 27th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What happens if Deadman cannot be placed adjacent to the figure he possessed? Is he destroyed? Unlikely to ever happen since you get to determine where he ends up but I guess it might be possible.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

NAME = MORPH
SECRET IDENTITY = KEVIN SIDNEY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = EAGER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ???

AMORPHOUS BIOLOGY
Start the game with two white Morph Markers on this card. After a numbered Order Marker is revealed on any card, you may place or remove up to two Morph Markers from this card.
  • If there are no Morph Markers on this card, Morph is considered to have a Size of Small and a Height of 3 instead of what is listed on this card
  • If there is one Morph Marker on this card, Morph is considered to have the Size and Height listed on this card
  • If there are two Morph Markers on this card, Morph is considered to have a Size of Large and a Height of 7 instead of what is listed on this card
There may never be more than two Morph Markers on this card.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Morph, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Ronin; September 1st, 2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old December 27th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is Morph that strong? Those stats are in the 300 point range.
For Large I think it should say two markers.
I am not sure what the benefit would be to be anything but Large.
If you switched out the figure I could see going smaller to hide.
Could you post a bio?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2014, 11:31 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

There are actually a few benefits to being medium on your turns (carry and such) and large on your opponents' turns. Small is pretty pointless though, it lets Groot carry him better,but this guy is a Mutant, he has better ways to get around. The whole power is probably useless a good portion of the time, especially in C3G, but it can be interesting in the right setting.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 27th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

This is probably the best breakdown of his background and abilities

Kevin Sydney is a mutant metamorph with the ability to alter his physical appearance and voice at will to resemble that of any person he chooses. His power could also transform the appearance of his costume as well, which was made of unstable molecules. Morph's mutation to shape-shift has also made it so that his body is a Play-doh-like substance and he can reattach limbs after they have been severed. He has limited telepathic abilities, which (in the original timeline) were enhanced by Professor X. As a side effect, he also gained limited telekinetic abilities.[citation needed] Upon choosing to work together and share his body with the energy mutant Proteus, Morph's powers appear to be amplified, at least enough to defeat a self-proclaimed god. Whether the two have access to Proteus' reality changing abilities has yet to be determined.

He has also stated that his mutation gives him a high metabolism and makes him very hormonal. In Exiles #33 Sasquatch said she was never able to detect a scent on Morph and Sabretooth stated that while hunting Proteus in Morph's body, Morph stands out like a sore thumb in a crowd of "normal" people to Sabretooth's senses regardless of his form. It also appears he has the ability to fly as demonstrated in Exiles #27. Due to his shapeshifting ability he does not wear any actual clothing, and he takes joy in pointing this out.

Kevin Sydney is a skilled actor, and a highly trained and efficient organizer of subversive activities. He carried various advanced weaponry of alien Siri design belonging to Factor Three, including a ray gun carried in a holster at his side. Though Morph is a prankster who downplays his intelligence, he is deceptively smart. He has a Master's degree in computer engineering, which he earned at Xavier's Institute.

The thing is he has been represented differently each time so it becomes difficult to narrow down what his power set will be. I would stick with just the mimicking as it's obviously his most used power and forget about the telekinesis and Telepathy.
Old December 27th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is Morph that strong? Those stats are in the 300 point range.
For Large I think it should say two markers.
I am not sure what the benefit would be to be anything but Large.
If you switched out the figure I could see going smaller to hide.
Could you post a bio?
Oh, nice catch on the Large bit.

I might drop the attack a bit, but he's pretty strong and very difficult to hurt or kill, so I like where he is in that regard. Maybe the defense could come down a point since he's got the healing factor going for him, but I'd want to run a couple tests before I did that. I've also been thinking about limiting the healing based on his size (ie he can't go Large and heal in the same turn).

For a bit of background, Morph is from an alternate reality in which he was a member of the New Mutants, then the X-Men, and then the Avengers. In a rare occurrence, Morph's alternate reality is actually fairly normal/upbeat, and not some dystopian wasteland, and Morph is one of its most popular heroes. Unfortunately, Morph became unhinged in time, and was one of the original members of the Exiles, along with Blink. Morph remained on the Exiles throughout the book's run. His shape-shifting is a very flexible ability that lets him heal, increase his own strength, change size, and generally annoy the heck out of people. He was of course the team's funnyman (I debated giving him Wisecrack, or a variant thereof).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
There are actually a few benefits to being medium on your turns (carry and such) and large on your opponents' turns. Small is pretty pointless though, it lets Groot carry him better,but this guy is a Mutant, he has better ways to get around. The whole power is probably useless a good portion of the time, especially in C3G, but it can be interesting in the right setting.
I did intend for the power to be kinda niche. I was also thinking it might come into play more (and bring his cost down) with some restrictions. Maybe only changing size on your own turns so you have to make more decisions, or restricting his ability to heal when he goes Large.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
This is probably the best breakdown of his background and abilities
Oh, this is something I forgot to address. The bio/powers you've got there are a bit of a mash-up between Changeling from the mainstream Marvel U and his alternate reality counterpart, Morph. This design is specific to the version of Morph that joins the Exiles, who has never demonstrated the telepathy/telekinesis, so those are right out anyway.
Old December 27th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Acrobatic Maneuver and Intangibility is going to make him pretty annoying to hit. He should definitely be down to 3 defense dice if you go that route.
He is ghost after all

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 27th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I think being small lets lightspeed carry him. Maybe.

Old December 27th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
He is ghost after all
Not arguing that it's unthematic. Just pointing out that said combination of powers is going to be a real headache (and exceed his intended point range) with too many defense dice. I wouldn't want him over 3 Defense. Even at 3 Defense, Acrobatic Maneuver lets you dodge ~70% of attacks. ~80% at 4 Defense.

The downside to that is when you miss (unlike say, Spider-Sense, where you get to roll defense dice after failing an evasion roll), you're letting every hit through. But Intangibility means people have to engage him in the first place (admittedly, this is made somewhat easier by the possession power), and Acrobatic Maneuver lets him disengage to avoid follow-ups from multi-attackers. It's a strong combination, and his defense should be pretty low to compensate (especially at 170-190 points)!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy