Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 16th, 2015, 11:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Rom: Spaceknight

ROM is the bomb! I was going to propose a C3G public design for him before I realized there wasn't a figure due to the stupid rights stuff.
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Wow! A whole group I know nothing of. The Dire Wraiths are so evil looking that it was easy to get a bit of an Alliance going against them in a three player game with people who don't usually do much diplomacy!

I hope you'll bring the Space Knights themselves to the table some day!
Old August 17th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Rom was one of those characters that always caught my eye but I never really got into.
Nice designs.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 17th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Really cool Sherman! I love taking obscure characters and porting them over to 'Scape. (Not that Rom was that obscure…)

Now all we need is for someone to do Kamandi and all the animal warriors!
Old August 17th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Theoryscaping, I'd speculate that ROM seems a tad undercosted with that big ranged double attack combined with flying and the strong defense. My gut tells me at least 320. But that's going off of C3G scales, so I'm not sure how that lines up in the Shermanverse.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2015, 08:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I very much echo Griznak's comment about a love for the more obscure characters. Recently, on boardgamegeek, fans have been porting different franchise characters into Firefly the Game, as we have for Scape for quite a while. Yesterday I saw some that really cracked me up.

Imagine a beat up spaceship crewed by...The Three Amigos!
Old August 17th, 2015, 09:23 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
ROM is the bomb! I was going to propose a C3G public design for him before I realized there wasn't a figure due to the stupid rights stuff.
I dunno what C3G's policies are regarding using unpainted, pricier figures, but if you guys are interested I can (quietly) link you to the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
You're someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Theoryscaping, I'd speculate that ROM seems a tad undercosted with that big ranged double attack combined with flying and the strong defense. My gut tells me at least 320. But that's going off of C3G scales, so I'm not sure how that lines up in the Shermanverse.
Unlike C3G, I don't have my own scale, I just go by official Heroscape's scale, just as I do with my C3V work. The easiest comparison to make in this case is official Silver Surfer at 320 points, another ranged flier. Surfer is more mobile (with Stealth Flying and the ability to move after attacking), comparable offensively against a single opposing figure, and more durable (with an extra Life and the aforementioned ability to run and gun).
Old August 17th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Surfer's more mobile, but that range of 7 compared to Surfer's range of 4 (or 6 on his special attack) matters. The one more life is a good point, but Rom has one more attack for his normal attack, which can get further boosted. Surfer has a special attack, which can be really useful, but the double strike is nice for crowd control against squads.

I don't think he's better than Silver Surfer, but he seems at least a little closer to me. 310-320. But, that's just my theoryscaping, again.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
You're someone.
Thanks! Kamandi was important to me as a teenager (even if Jack Kirby's weird, squared off fingers still bother the crap out of me). However, there isn't a Heroclix figure for him, and I'm not really too sure how I'd go about making a custom one either. And making a card and finding figures to represent Dr. Canus and Tuftan would be a challenge as well.

Plus Kamandi's powers are non-exisitant. He's just a smart human that's quick on his feet. It's the world that he lives in that's the real fun.

Maybe I'll consider this down the line. For the moment I think I'll stick with my Thundarr project. That's still post apocalyptic enough for me!
Old August 18th, 2015, 12:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Ok, where can I read/find out about this "Thundarr Project?" I can only assume it refers to Thundarr the Barbarian, which makes me feel 8 again. Please share!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 18th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have also asked for the goods on Thundarr. Grish likes the chance to fine tune things before sharing.
I believe it was going to be scenario based. Still very interested.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 18th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Titleless

All in good time on Thundarr. I don't want to hijack Sherman's most excellent superhero thread though. If you have not gamed using Sherman's customs then you are missing out. I count myself lucky to live near enough to game with him!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations