Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old September 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New 12/2)

:::New for 12/2/13 - Treachery:::

Treachery

3 Players (FFA, politics not included)
Terrain requirements are flexible, see spoiler below for details. Terrain as pictured requires:
1x RotV
1x SotM
1x FotA OR 1x RttFF
1x TJ

No glyphs. Straight-up duel to the death.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

1x RotV
1x SotM
1x FotA

Three optional glyphs. The map can function without glyphs, but if you prefer glyphs then be sure to use ones of low-medium desirability like Wound, Init +8, or Common/Unique Attack +1.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

DarkMire

4 Players (FFA, politics not included)
1x SotM
2x BftU

Two glyphs. Preferably ones of medium-high desirability, like Attack +1, Defense +1, or Move +2.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Encircle

2 Players
1x RotV
1x RttFF

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Reclamation Plant B

2 Players
1x RotV
1x FotA
1x RttFF

Two glyphs. Preferably ones of low-medium desirability, like Wound, Init +8, Move +2, or Common/Unique Attack +1.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Combustion v2
Original by Warlord Alpha, Modified by Darkmage7a

2 Players
1x BftU
1x FotA
1x VW

Two glyphs. Preferably ones of low-medium desirability, like Wound, Init +8, Move +2, or Common/Unique Attack +1.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Tombspawn's Trench

4 Players (two teams of two)
1x RotV
2x BftU

Two random glyphs. +1 Attack and +1 defense work well, although they could be substituted for anything else of equal power/desirability.

A possible optional rule is that any non-huge figures standing on shadow tiles have no visible hitzones. This might make things a bit more interesting, especially if you find camping to be a problem.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Adamant

2 Players
1x RotV
1x FotA

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Contamination

1x RotV
1x SotM
1x FotA

One face up glyph. Thorian works very well (I definitely recommend using Thorian), although any other very powerful glyphs (like Ivor or Jalgard) could also work.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Overrun

4 Players (FFA or two teams of two)
1x RotV
1x SotM
1x FotA

Two random glyphs. +1 Attack and +1 defense work well, although they could be substituted for anything else of equal power/desirability.

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Blood River Crossing

2 Players
1x RotV
1x FotA
1x VW
1x RttFF

Spoiler Alert!

~ To Download ~

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; December 2nd, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread

Reserved (so I can better organize my map thread later)
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Caster of Crying

Really old maps and/or my least favorite ones
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; June 17th, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:41 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Let mebe the first to congratulate you on your thread, Warlord! Nice, maps, I'm going to try a few out.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Let mebe the first to congratulate you on your thread, Warlord! Nice, maps, I'm going to try a few out.
Thanks! Be sure to tell me how they work out if you get around to playing on them.

Also, anyone curious I'll probably have a four-player one up soon.
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's hard to say which map I like the best Warlord. It would probably be the Forgotten Plateau, although No Name #2 is a close second. I've found that sometimes, when you don't know what the heck to name a map, take a city of place from Valhalla (Nastralund, Barrenspur, Ticalla, etc.) and place the word "river," "road," "Mountain," etc. after it. (Of course, only use words like Ticalla, Volcarren, and Thaelenk when your map uses one of those sets.)

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You got some good looking maps Warlord. For No Name #2 part of me is feeling like it would be more beneficial to have the ruins on the hills in the middle and move those trees next to the road. The start zone doesnt really need the protection with how big the map is. By moving these you provide more cover for melee if they decide to go up the middle and the trees being moved adjacent to the road would provide more cover for any unit taking that direction. Of course by doing that I think you would definately push the map towards favoring melee. Are there any extra pieces left over? If so maybe a couple small hills in the proximity of where the ruins are now?

Also as far as giving names goes rednax has some great suggestions. For me I like using movie titles as long as they fit the map. For instance I have:

A Walk to Remember
Tropic Thunder
Out Cold
A walk to Remember
Wicker Park
Old School
Close Encounters

and some more I think. Maybe thatll help you in coming up with names. It sure made things easier for me.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
It's hard to say which map I like the best Warlord. It would probably be the Forgotten Plateau, although No Name #2 is a close second. I've found that sometimes, when you don't know what the heck to name a map, take a city of place from Valhalla (Nastralund, Barrenspur, Ticalla, etc.) and place the word "river," "road," "Mountain," etc. after it. (Of course, only use words like Ticalla, Volcarren, and Thaelenk when your map uses one of those sets.)

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks. I like Forgotten Plateau a lot as well. I played on that one A LOT and as far as I could tell it really worked well. Ranged units became melee units very quickly.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
You got some good looking maps Warlord. For No Name #2 part of me is feeling like it would be more beneficial to have the ruins on the hills in the middle and move those trees next to the road. The start zone doesnt really need the protection with how big the map is. By moving these you provide more cover for melee if they decide to go up the middle and the trees being moved adjacent to the road would provide more cover for any unit taking that direction. Of course by doing that I think you would definately push the map towards favoring melee. Are there any extra pieces left over? If so maybe a couple small hills in the proximity of where the ruins are now?
Hmmm, I do see what you are saying. The problem is, the ruins can't really fit on the hills. But even if I did put them on the hills (by making the hills slightly larger or whatever needs to be done to fit the ruins), there would need to be at least one row of spaces where a ranged unit could stand and have absolutely nothing inbetween him and the enemy's starting zone. I could, however, move the ruins one or two spaces towards the hill (currently there are 3 spaces between each ruin and the hill). That would, obviously, give melee units another space or two of cover, and that is one more space they can climb up the hill to get at whatever ranged units are sitting there.

And also, the start zones can be attacked from height as it is currently. Some ranged units don't have the range, but Q9 or the Krav at those spots would be a disaster if those ruins weren't there. It actually happened that way in one game I played, I did something very stupid and let the Krav get there and they just hammered away at my start zone until they couldn't see anything else.

The map may be more melee friendly than you think though. One thing I always like to include in my maps is some kind of way to flank the enemy. I always have so much fun trying to sneak a unit or two around and have them say later "When the hell did that unit get there?!" You can see it very clearly in Forgotten Plateau and you can probably see it in No Name #2. I wish I had Drones or Zombies. Those swarm armies using the road bonus would be such a pain. They would be behind you in two turns, they would be on top of you in two turns, they would be all over your start zone AND the hill in three or four turns. The whole map could potentially be overrun by melee units.

Quote:
Also as far as giving names goes rednax has some great suggestions. For me I like using movie titles as long as they fit the map. For instance I have:

A Walk to Remember
Tropic Thunder
Out Cold
A walk to Remember
Wicker Park
Old School
Close Encounters

and some more I think. Maybe thatll help you in coming up with names. It sure made things easier for me.
That is true too. I'll find a name eventually. Hopefully.
Old September 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

I'm liking your maps so far, Alpha. Nice and simple, yet pretty playable-looking designs. Keep it up!

Old November 7th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Caster of Crying

Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New: 11/6)

<map added to first post>

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; December 10th, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Caster of Crying

Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New: 11/6)

<map added to first post>

original post:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; June 20th, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM

Re: Warlord Alpha's Map and Scenario Thread (New: 12/8)

Looks good. I'd like to play on it sometime if I can get time to fit it into my playtesting schedule.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios