Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2018, 04:21 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscaper 101 customs. [Updated]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Should I change his ability to include poison markers.
Poisoned - The poisoned figure will take 1 wound of damage at the start of the next turn, the only cure for this is death or being healed by a figure with a healing ability of any kind to get rid of this ailment. Being poisoned can occur even though you did 1 damage. You can use any green marker to indicate that the figure's Army Card is poisoned.
I think that any sort of power that stays in effect for a longer time like this would indeed need some markers. It'd be a little difficult to remember who is poisoned otherwise.

As for the power itself, having it activate every turn is very powerful (especially since in HeroScape, turns encompass your own, your opponents', and any additional turns for bonding heroes). Against Kurrok the Elementalist, for example, you could theoretically take 3 wounds due to the 3 separate turns with elementals. I think some clarification for which turns are counted would be needed, such as saying "at the start of that figure's next turn."

Here's a potential suggestion for how to phrase the power:
Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on an Army Card with a Poison Marker on it, place 1 wound marker on that Army Card. If at least one wound is removed from an Army Card with a Poison Marker on it, then remove the Poison Marker as well.
That sets the groundwork for when the power activates (only when revealing an Order Marker on the effected card) and when the power ends (when you remove at least 1 wound, which could happen from any source) to match what you've proposed here.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 07:24 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Should I change his ability to include poison markers.
Poisoned - The poisoned figure will take 1 wound of damage at the start of the next turn, the only cure for this is death or being healed by a figure with a healing ability of any kind to get rid of this ailment. Being poisoned can occur even though you did 1 damage. You can use any green marker to indicate that the figure's Army Card is poisoned.
I think that any sort of power that stays in effect for a longer time like this would indeed need some markers. It'd be a little difficult to remember who is poisoned otherwise.

As for the power itself, having it activate every turn is very powerful (especially since in HeroScape, turns encompass your own, your opponents', and any additional turns for bonding heroes). Against Kurrok the Elementalist, for example, you could theoretically take 3 wounds due to the 3 separate turns with elementals. I think some clarification for which turns are counted would be needed, such as saying "at the start of that figure's next turn."

Here's a potential suggestion for how to phrase the power:
Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on an Army Card with a Poison Marker on it, place 1 wound marker on that Army Card. If at least one wound is removed from an Army Card with a Poison Marker on it, then remove the Poison Marker as well.
That sets the groundwork for when the power activates (only when revealing an Order Marker on the effected card) and when the power ends (when you remove at least 1 wound, which could happen from any source) to match what you've proposed here.
How about this for his poison
Quote:
When poisoned, the poisoned figure will take 1 additional wound for each time that figure moves. If the round ends the opponent's will take one automatic wound. That way it only affects the poisoned army card.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 08:43 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I liked the old Skalmad better... Maybe that's just me though.
Agreed. What prompted changing his ability from the +2 attack to the fear power? Don’t worry, I think they are both cool, but I personally liked +2 attack against small, medium, large...

This guy is sick. Shame that there isn’t better availability of the figure, I think he would be one I’d be very excited to see pass through the C3V process. I’d love to see a troll army fleshed out. We need Troll archers to follow the king! Haha
Old November 3rd, 2018, 11:42 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I liked the old Skalmad better... Maybe that's just me though.
Agreed. What prompted changing his ability from the +2 attack to the fear power? Don’t worry, I think they are both cool, but I personally liked +2 attack against small, medium, large...

This guy is sick. Shame that there isn’t better availability of the figure, I think he would be one I’d be very excited to see pass through the C3V process. I’d love to see a troll army fleshed out. We need Troll archers to follow the king! Haha
I thought that a Intimating power was great for the Troll king, sorry I had to sacrifice Great Axe to give him a power that only huge and fearless figures can disengage from Skalmad. How do I submit a figure through the C3V.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I thought that a Intimating power was great for the Troll king, sorry I had to sacrifice Great Axe to give him a power that only huge and fearless figures can disengage from Skalmad. How do I submit a figure through the C3V.
Have you run any playtest with this version? Having data to show that this version is balanced would probably help with submitting him to the SoV.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:41 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
When poisoned, the poisoned figure will take 1 additional wound for each time that figure moves. If the round ends the opponent's will take one automatic wound. That way it only affects the poisoned army card.
That runs into some potential problems for when you move an opponent's figure with the Wyvern, Mind Flayer Mastermind, or even Hoplitrons. If you want to go that route, then I would recommend removing the automatic wound at the end of the round, since having it affect the figure after any kind of movement is already very strong.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That runs into some potential problems for when you move an opponent's figure with the Wyvern, Mind Flayer Mastermind, or even Hoplitrons. If you want to go that route, then I would recommend removing the automatic wound at the end of the round, since having it affect the figure after any kind of movement is already very strong.
Can I do the automatic wound instead, also I would expect that the opponent would not move the if it means taking damage. Should this type of wound you at the end of the round and can the poison only the subtract 1 defense die during the round.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Can I do the automatic wound instead, also I would expect that the opponent would not move the if it means taking damage. Should this type of wound you at the end of the round and can the poison only the subtract 1 defense die during the round.
You can of course do whatever you'd like for the ability; my perspective is only one view. You don't have to agree with my proposals or suggestions.

While it's true that the opponent will likely try to avoid moving, there are many ways to bypass that. The Wyvern and Hoplitrons, for instance, can each forcibly move opponent's figures, along with figures like Jotun or Heracles that have the Throw ability. As the ability is currently worded, I believe that these instances will trigger the poison, which seems both thematically odd and very powerful.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your last idea. Are you saying that the poison will only last for a single round (at the end of which the figure will take 1 wound), and while it is active, the affected figure has 1 less defense?
Old November 4th, 2018, 05:54 PM

Name = Arachnophobia
General = Valkrill
Planet = Valhalla
Species = Arthropod
Uniquity = Unique
Type = Hero
Class = Emperor
Personality = Ferocious
Size = Medium
Height = 5

Master Stats
Life = 4
Move = 7
Range = 1
Attack = 3
Defense = 2

Basic Stats
Move = 7
Range = 1
Attack = 2
Defense = 3

Points = 85
(Single Spaced)

Poisonous Sting
Each time Arachnophobia attacks a small, medium, large or huge Hero with a normal attack or a leaving engagement attack and inflicts at least 1 wound, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-11, nothing happens. If you roll a 12 or higher, add 2 additional wounds to the defending figure.

Predatory Instincts
Before attacking, choose one small figure adjacent to Arachnophobia. If the chosen figure is a Squad figure, destroy it. If the chosen figure is a Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen Hero.

Intimidating Presence
Large figures attacked by Arachnophobia subtract 2 from their defense dice. Huge figures attacked by Arachnophobia subtract 1 from their defense dice.

Number of Figures = 1
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = None

Q. Poisonous Sting vs. One-Shield Defense
Is a figure with OSD (Migol Ironwill or Crixus) subject to the Drow's Poisonous Sting?
A. No. For a power like Crixus & Migol's One Shield Defense, if you inflicted at least 1 wound on the initial attack roll, that's the MOST you could hit them with. You can't inflict another wound. The only way units with OSD may be poisoned is a) if they fail to roll any shields, or b) on leaving engagement attacks.

- PREDATORY INSTINCTS : Optional Power
Do you have to Predatory Instincts each turn?
No, it is an optional ability.

- PREDATORY INSTINCTS : Activation During Turn
Can Arachnophobia use Predatory Instincts before he moves?
No, Arachnophobia can only use Predatory Instincts after he has moved and before he decides to attack.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
The figure used for this unit is Giant Scorpion from Auggies Wizkids D&D Set. The name and model number is Giant Scorpion Tomb of Annihilation #029.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; February 6th, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old November 4th, 2018, 08:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The drow chainfighter can also move figures. How you have it worded you cannot summon him with your own saylind either. He also cannot be carried by brunak or the little griffon looking dude.

Edit: the first power doesnt really suit the mini. A counter move ability isnt usually needed as there are very few characters that do it. If you do stick with it Id specify opponents figures cannot move him.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 4th, 2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The drow chainfighter can also move figures. How you have it worded you cannot summon him with your own saylind either. He also cannot be carried by brunak or the little griffon looking dude.

Edit: the first power doesnt really suit the mini. A counter move ability isnt usually needed as there are very few characters that do it. If you do stick with it Id specify opponents figures cannot move him.
The griffon your thinking of is Theracus. I changed Combat Reflexes so it only affects the opponents army.
Old November 4th, 2018, 10:07 PM

Re: H101 customs: Blade-Rager Troll 11/4/18

Name = Blade-Rager Troll
General = Utgar
Planet = Toril
Species = Troll
Uniquity = Common
Type = Hero
Class = Blade Rager
Personality = Merciless
Size = Large
Height = 7

Master Stats
Life = 1
Move = 6
Range = 1
Attack = 4
Defense = 4

Points = 35
(Single Spaced)

Blade Frenzy
After attacking with this Blade-Rager Troll, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may attack again with this Blade-Rager Troll.

Doom Burst
After dying from a special or normal attack, Blade-Rager Troll may attempt a Doom Burst. To do this, choose a figure adjacent to Blade-Rager Troll and roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 1-12, the adjacent figures receive 1 wound.
• If you roll 13-15, the adjacent figures receive 2 wounds.
• If you roll 16-17, the adjacent figures receive 3 wounds.
• If you roll 18-19, the adjacent figures receive 4 wounds.
• If you roll a 20 or higher, the adjacent figures receive 5 wounds.
After using Doom Burst, remove this Blade-Rager Troll from the battlefield.

Number of Figures = 1
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = Weapon

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
- N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Bladerager Troll from the D&D set. The name and model number is Bladerager Troll Dangerous Delves #7.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; January 7th, 2019 at 11:00 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards