Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Utgar's little fiend has disabled reputation
Will somebody make this?

I have a cool idea based off of dice bowls. I am thinks maybe a tower or bowl type thingy, of course made to look heroscapish, but has a spot to roll your dice, a dice holder, and a spot to put a load of wound markers in. Another idea is maybe a "zombie pit" where you throw all of your dead guys.

Yes I am. But the real question is, why aren't you?
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation
I made something like this, but it looks... primitive (Pallindromemaster's first rule of building stuff: Either it looks great but doesn't function, or it functions and is covered with duct-tape). Anyway, I used IMax dice tower plans and but a tray on the side for wound markers, along with a vertical chute on the side that is open at the bottom. This way, you can load in 12 dice (though FB dice are too big). Every time you pull one out from the bottom of the chute, the rest fall through the chute and a new one effectively takes its place. If you want i can post pictures, but like I said it looks like 30 drunken monkeys got bored and decided to make a dice tower out of foam board and duct tape.

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Posting a picture would be great. When a caveman invented the primitive wheel, another caveman saw it, had an idea, and built a BMW. all creation is based off of imitation.

Old January 26th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
Checkout Liefkickers customer terrain. He has a few dice towers that are phenomenal. They will not hold wound markers or anything but they look incredible. They function too.
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Here we go:

Here's the tower itself:

Here's the wound tray:

And here's where you pull the dice out:

Despite the way it looks, it really works quite nicely. Whenever my sister used to play she would spend an annoying amount of time stacking the wound counters together and organizing dice and stuff. She also had a tendency to roll dice... questionably. I built this thing to solve both of those problems (it did!). She uses it whenever she plays with my friends and me.

Old January 26th, 2008, 09:58 PM

CH4071C has disabled reputation
The world would be lost without Duct-Tape

Great idea by the way.

CH4071C

Are you a Heroscape Addict? Check the Symptoms.

My Maps
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:36 AM

The only things you need are Duct Tape and WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.

Old January 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Pallindromemaster, your dice tube idea is really good. I like it a lot! When I make my own dice tower, I will try to make one dice tube too.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pallindrome, you weren't kidding - that looks like a trainwreck. But I'll be danged if it's not a great idea, and it looks like it works great. That dice tube and wound marker tray is a great customization! Nice work!

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Just to help the idea grow... ill slap part of one of my ideas down here...

Istead of a bucket for the markers... you could put a magnet in each marker so the marker itself becomes magnetic. Then use metal, or coat one of the tower walls in magnetic paint so the markers stick to it.

I will eventually be posting a thread that uses this as half of a larger idea... that likely sucks so dont bother waiting for it.
Old January 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Not quite like that but I hope to post a picture soon of the dice tower and tray the Splinters by Red is makeing for me. The orignial plans was to have one at the Tree Town Open for the prize table ,but we gave away last years model. Watch for it on the dice tower thread and the other will be in the dice box/tray thread.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Pallindrome, you weren't kidding - that looks like a trainwreck. But I'll be danged if it's not a great idea, and it looks like it works great. That dice tube and wound marker tray is a great customization! Nice work!
I am sorry if I have shamed your good design... This was the best I could do... I might spray paint it, though... that may help...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles