Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 27th, 2008, 04:00 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscraper
So my votes are for:
Steam-powered Soulborg
Samurai elves
Mechanized Orcs
Nazi Marro
Astronaut Kyrie
And ray gun toting dragons!
These are so insanely awesome. Bravo for encapsulating the spirit and coolness of Heroscape in 6 unit ideas.
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
I would love to see more:

fantasy creatures

expand the races that are already present, more orcs, vipers, gorillions

terrain specific heroes and squads (like the moltarns and Dzu-teh)

All the figures mentioned in the journal

Aquilla Alliance all 5 of them rock and shoudl be made available in some way.
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Yogi-Donnie is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I would like to see the generals and the figs that represent them reorganized.

I tend to see the generals as such:

Jandar : Western Civilization - angels, knights, modern western soldiers(AD warriors)

Ullar : High Fantasy - elves, giants, giffins, lizard/snakemen

Utgar : Evil Civilizations and Horror Fantasy - orcs, demons/devils, undead, werewolves, black knights, Nazis

Einar : Eastern Civilization - samurai, ninjas, asia indian looking kryie

Vydar : High Tech - gorillas with guns, high tech agents, robots

Aquilla : Low Tech/Nature - bugs, hippies, nature loving monk

Currently, in my humble opinion, the generals lean towards these ideals, but do not totally embrace them. This is because at the beginning of Heroscape the designers did not think about such things. They where attempting to bring to market a cheap and fun wargame for the masses, not the ideals of fictional generals. The problem I have with this is, it makes the generals seem very "pot luck". I would like to see a change to this, and a defining of the generals.

I am proposing that WOTC release a new expansion, entitled "Shifting Alliances". This expansion would be nothing but new cards, updating and fixing many of the heroscape figs (the fabled Taleord fix), and arranging many of the figs to the general that better suits them. This will also beef up some of the generals that do not have a lot of figs.

Aquilla should get : Utgar's marro all of them (because they are bug like and low tech, fitting this generals theme), Ullar's monks (nature hippies)

Vydar : All of Jandar and Ugar's soulborgs(omnicrons and deathwalkers), Kelda (she looks high tech and Vydar needs kyrie)

Einar : Dzu-Teh/yeti (Napal is in Asia), Isamu, Ullar's monks (if they don't go to Aquilla)

Utgar : Maybe Einar's Romans (Im not sure of this but they are often portrayed as an evil civilization), Valguard (he is evil.), Sudema (she is evil.)

Ullar : None

Jandar : Maybe Einar's Romans, Greeks and the three Gladiators (this Im not sure about but they are western civilizations)

Im not sure of the BC warriors (Romans and Greeks), maybe we need a 7th general(or it could be Aquilla) for BC warriors, heck he could have cavemen, Egyptians, and Babylonians.(here come the chariots)
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow, cool thread... Could you put me down for an Einar War Elephant, Pirates, and Dwarves?
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:05 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I would like to endorse the following figures:

Aboriginal Americans (Indians)
Medieval Longbowmen (Jandar?)
Confederate Soldiers
Aztec (not Indians)
Ents or Treefolk
Lizardmen units
1920 Mobster units
Amazons
Puddings/Oozes/Slimes
Alligators
Dark or Drow Elves
Arabic Warriors from the Crusades
French Musketeers
Shogun
Scarecrow figure
Bone Swarm
Dragon Hunter
Mummy squad
Cthulu
Knights of the Crusades
Scythian Archers (mounted)
Ice Demon
Ogres

I'm not sure if these are already on my previous posts, but I will go through and check, and edit if need be.

Edit: removed these from the list because I already voted for them:

Dwarves
Hun or Mongolian Archers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM

Beowulf has disabled reputation
Some figures I'd really like to play are:
•Kyries for Vydar and Ullar
•Medieval Longbowmen/Viking bowmen
•WWI & WWII soldiers
•Arthurian myth characters/Anglo-Saxons
•Cavemen
•Spartans & Spartan hero
•Persian Immortals
•Orc on Pterodactyl
•Raptorians(for Aquilla, mentioned, I believe, in the Gorrilinators or Vipers bios).
•Some Steampunk style robots
•Muspel the fire giant

and I'll stop right here even though I could go on forever....

I second pretty much every historical figure suggested except for Nazis(use WWI Germans instead), because things like that do not belong in a game that is played with children.
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscraper
I think the key to ideas for new Heroscape characters should be to keep in mind the HS catchphrase “The battle of all time”. There have been many notable armies and empires (and their enemies) in Earth history, but what about Alpha Prime, Feylund, Grut, Icaria, Marr, and Valhalla?

Somebody suggested cavemen (which I thought was cool) and it got me to thinking; what is the Soulborg equivalent of a caveman? If they are nuclear powered now, were they steam powered then? Did they ever develop technology on Icaria (ray gun toting dragon anyone)?

Licenses are (theoretically) good for bringing in new players, but fleshing out the histories of seven worlds through characters would be beautiful, and epic…and a total freaking blast!

So my votes are for:
Steam-powered Soulborg
Samurai elves
Mechanized Orcs
Nazi Marro
Astronaut Kyrie
And ray gun toting dragons!
Heroscape Character Bio: Alpha Prime is now a war-torn husk of the glorious world that used to be. In a time now lost to history, a brilliant race thrived there. The planet was then called Mariedian.

With technology the Mariedians ended crime; with technology they ended hunger; and with technology they ended war. Life was good. Hard labor was preformed by the Robota, complex machines design to perform arduous tasks.

It was one grief-stricken scientist who after losing a child to a fatal accident, changed that beautiful world’s history forever. In an effort to save the child from death, he twisted science to preserve the soul of his child in the metal encasings of a Robota. Thus, the Soulborg were born.

Three Millennia pass, and now the Soulborg rule the planet, fighting among themselves in a constant state of war. Mariedians still exist, mostly as slaves on the prison planet Isadora. But there is a resistance. Small factions of Mariedians, driven deep underground, still fight the Soulborg.

The Blastatrons, and their counterparts the Gladiatrons, were built to mimic the size, movement, and guerrilla fighting style of the Mariedian resistance— for the Mariedians continue to adapt and survive against great odds. While that disgusts many Soulborg, others envy those traits.

So you could never have a "Steam powerd soulborgs" Why has no one said Golems, they can be made out of anything, Rocks, metal, crystal, coal, mud the list goes on and they would be a great way to counter the soulborgs. Don't get me wrong, I like the Soulborgs, I would like them better if they were Robots bent on killing anything organic. Well thats my two cents, can I have my change now?

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi-Donnie
I would like to see the generals and the figs that represent them reorganized.

I tend to see the generals as such:

Jandar : Western Civilization - angels, knights, modern western soldiers(AD warriors)

Ullar : High Fantasy - elves, giants, giffins, lizard/snakemen

Utgar : Evil Civilizations and Horror Fantasy - orcs, demons/devils, undead, werewolves, black knights, Nazis

Einar : Eastern Civilization - samurai, ninjas, asia indian looking kryie

Vydar : High Tech - gorillas with guns, high tech agents, robots

Aquilla : Low Tech/Nature - bugs, hippies, nature loving monk

Currently, in my humble opinion, the generals lean towards these ideals, but do not totally embrace them. This is because at the beginning of Heroscape the designers did not think about such things. They where attempting to bring to market a cheap and fun wargame for the masses, not the ideals of fictional generals. The problem I have with this is, it makes the generals seem very "pot luck". I would like to see a change to this, and a defining of the generals.

I am proposing that WOTC release a new expansion, entitled "Shifting Alliances". This expansion would be nothing but new cards, updating and fixing many of the heroscape figs (the fabled Taleord fix), and arranging many of the figs to the general that better suits them. This will also beef up some of the generals that do not have a lot of figs.

Aquilla should get : Utgar's marro all of them (because they are bug like and low tech, fitting this generals theme), Ullar's monks (nature hippies)

Vydar : All of Jandar and Ugar's soulborgs(omnicrons and deathwalkers), Kelda (she looks high tech and Vydar needs kyrie)

Einar : Dzu-Teh/yeti (Napal is in Asia), Isamu, Ullar's monks (if they don't go to Aquilla)

Utgar : Maybe Einar's Romans (Im not sure of this but they are often portrayed as an evil civilization), Valguard (he is evil.), Sudema (she is evil.)

Ullar : None

Jandar : Maybe Einar's Romans, Greeks and the three Gladiators (this Im not sure about but they are western civilizations)

Im not sure of the BC warriors (Romans and Greeks), maybe we need a 7th general(or it could be Aquilla) for BC warriors, heck he could have cavemen, Egyptians, and Babylonians.(here come the chariots)
Would have to disagree on the tech level that you think the Marro are, They have plasma energy guns, they just use VERY advanced genetic manipulation to the point where they make everything from organic materials(I see them as an organic bio-tech based version or Borg)

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old January 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Gas Masked Clad Soldier- Along the 28 days later style

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old January 27th, 2008, 08:09 PM

justin has disabled reputation
One eyed, one eared, flying purple people eater.

6 life
8 move
4 attack
4 defense
1 range

specials: People eater; same as chomp.
Flying

I have wings and wicked awesome Counterstrike.

Trust me on this, I am INSANE

Old January 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Utgar's little fiend has disabled reputation
VYDAR:
1. A jetpack-mounted guy with a laser rifle
2. A Half-Human Half-Robot Cyborg
3. A little orb that fires rockets.
ULLAR:
1. A giant spider
2. a swarm of squirrels
3. Elven mounties
EINAR:
1.A Kami-Kaze unit (Kami-Kaze is basically suicide bombing type things)
2. A Japanese Dragon
3. Mounted Samuri archers
JANDAR:
1. Crossbowmen
2. Police (SWAT, ect.)
3. WW2 British Commandos
UTGAR:
1. Flying Marro
2. Skeleton Warriors
3. Venemous weasels

One further thing, we need a large expansion that is a Vydar soulborg army-he is supposed to have one. And we need more Ullar. Not enough Ullar.

Yes I am. But the real question is, why aren't you?
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgar's little fiend
And we need more Ullar. Not enough Ullar.
Lucky for you, wave 8 comes out in June. Also, I would think that Aquilla would get the giant spiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion