Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think about these rules?
Utgar's lttle fiend is CRAAAZY. meaning: awesome. 14 63.64%
Utgar's lttle fiend is CRAAAZY. meaning: too far. 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Utgar's little fiend has disabled reputation
I Went Beyond Custom Terrain: My Custom Terrain Rules

Well, of course you've seen everybody making awesome custom terrain in order to make the game more realistic-looking, right? Well, i went a step further and wrote up some new rules involving my figures, weather and realistic..stuff. Here it all is, my first great glory.

FIGURE BONUSES
1. Hidden in the mist: During fog, all Shades have +1 attack and move.

2. Rust: During rain, each Soulborg figure must roll the d20 for rust. if a 16+ is rolled, that figure cannot move this turn.

3. Swamp Bonding: Any Marro or Nagrub figure has +1 defence on a swamp tile or swamp water tile.

4. Orcs Like Rock: Any Orc figure on a rock tile has +1 defence.

5. Swmimming: Human figures with a defence of 3-can move up to 3 spaces in water, without exceeding their normal move.

6. Sinking: When figures with a hieght of 9+ are on swamp or sand tiles, they count every 1 tile as 2 when moving.

7. Misty Shroud: During Fog, all figures have -1 move.

8. Tunnel: Any figure with a hieght of 3- can "tunnel" up to four spaces under any terrain or obstacle instead of using a normal move.

9. Frozen Locks: During Freeze, the Door cannot be shut or closed, it remains in it's current position.

10. Turbulence: During Wind, the Airborne Elite cannot perform "The Drop."

11. Resident Evil: Any zombie figure on a sand tile has +1 attack and defence.

TERRAIN
1. Swamp Water: Human figures cannot swim in swamp water. At the end of each turn, all figures in swamp water, excluding Mrros and Nagrubs, roll one attack die for unblockable poison damage.

2. Water: Soulborg figures who end their turn in water roll the d20 for rust, and a 16+ causes them to be unable to attack next turn.

3. Castle: Any figure behind atleast 3 battlements has +1 defence.

4. Swamp: Human figures have -1 move on Swamp tiles.

WEATHER
At the beginning of each turn, roll the d20 for weather.
1. 1-4: Normal Day.
2. 5-8: Snow
3. 9-12: Wind
4. 13-16: Rain
5. 17-20: Fog

1. Rain: All Soulborg figures roll the 20-sided die for rust separately. If a 1 or 20 is rolled, they cannot move for this turn. Roll the 20-sided die again for other effects:
1-5 Flooding. All spaces adjacent to a water space or swamp water space are looked upon as water. 6-10 Nothing happens. 11-15 Lightning. Each player chooses one figure to roll lightning damage, same as falling damage. 16-20 Mud. All sand spaces turn to mud, which makes each tile count as double the normal move.

2. Snow: All snow spaces are counted as two levels. Roll the 20-sided die for other effects: 1-7 nothing happens. 8-16 Freeze. All water and swamp water turns to ice. When moving on ice, all medium figures slide and can be moved one space in any direction by an enemy player for every space moved. Large and huge figures cannot move on ice. 17-20 Freeze.

3. Wind: All small figures count every tile as 2 when moving. Roll the 20-sided die for other effects. 1-10 nothing happens. 11-20 Sandstorm. Any figure adjacent to at least 4 sand tiles can be moved up to 5 spaces to another sand tile by an enemy player.

4. Fog: All figures (excluding shades) have 1 less move. Any figure with a range of 4+ has 1 less range. All flying figures (except shades) have 2 less move.

5. Normal Day: Roll the 20-sided die. 1-6 nothing happens. 7-12 Avalanche. Any figures on a snow tile cannot move this turn. Any figure on a level 3+ rock tile rolls falling damage without moving. (Excluding orcs) 13-18 Bright sun. All snow tiles are treated as water. 19-20 The mightiest tree in the forest is cut down with a herring.

Well, that's all i have. I would love criticism, new ideas, what you think, and maybe adjustments to my rules. [/b]

Yes I am. But the real question is, why aren't you?
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
Thats awesome!

Old January 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM

Thanks. I just made it, so i haven't had a chance to play by them yet, But, i am positive they will really inhance the game, for those of you (like me, like me, like me) who find the "advanced" gameplaya little to "basic"

Old January 26th, 2008, 12:03 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
I am going to try out weather.

Old January 26th, 2008, 12:04 PM

That's great! Once you do, please post how it was.

Old January 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
You are very creative. It might be too much for some folks to think about while playing - (sometimes just remembering glyph bonuses is too much), but if you're looking for a realistic, epic game, you're on the right track.

Allow me to make a suggestion. For the weather- make a token, or some sort of "Weather Marker". You could use poker chips, or you could just use slips of paper.

Instead of setting the weather each turn, set it at the start of each round, and use the "Weather Marker" to display the weather to everyone so they remember what the weather is for the current round.

The less extra information that a player has to remember, the better, I think.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Oh, the weather is at the beginning of each round, my bad if i worded it wrong. As for weather markers, thats a good idea. Maybe i can print out some little pictures of weather and paste them on glyphs.

Old January 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
I was thinking about the weather, and I had another idea. If you wanted to make it even more realistic, think about doing it this way:

There will be six levels of weather. Each number corresponds to a level of weather that's being received right now.

1: Blizzard
2: Rain
3: Clear Sunny Day
4: Fog
5: Wind
6: Sandstorm (or something really severe)

Weather starts on 3. At the start of each round, roll a d6. If the number rolled is the same as the number the weather is currently, then the weather stays the same. If the number on the die rolled is higher, then the weather increases by 1. if the number on the die rolled is lower, then the weather decreases by 1.

This sort of setup will lead to less chances of having extreme weather conditions as often as nice weather conditions, as well as eliminating the possibility of going from nice calm day to instant blizzard.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM

You know, something just hit me. We are all talking about (and working on) making this game more realistic. One thing, though: this is Valhalla, how do we make a fantasy land realistic? just thought I'd bring that up.

It could be raining hamsters. sweet.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM

Soridir is surprisingly tart
Re: I Went Beyond Custom Terrain: My Custom Terrain Rules

nice rules

My Custom Terrain and Obstacles
My Scenarios 1
My Scenarios 2
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM

DownHomesinDrome Woo who?

I really like the "weather" aspect. It's got my head thinking about scenerios as well. Great idea.
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:20 AM

lxnrhinners has disabled reputation

Quote:
FIGURE BONUSES
2. Rust: During rain, each Soulborg figure must roll the d20 for rust. if a 16+ is rolled, that figure cannot move this turn.
Ehh...I'm always really iffy when people put things like this. They do make machinery that is resistant to water (like, CARS). I've also seen where whenever a Soulborg is in water they treat it like lava terrain (roll an attack die at the end of the round)--same thing.
Yet, with all their exposed circuitry, maybe it's legit... (Perhaps it doesn't rain on Alpha Prime? )

3. Swamp Bonding: Any Marro or Nagrub figure has +1 defence on a swamp tile or swamp water tile.

4. Orcs Like Rock: Any Orc figure on a rock tile has +1 defence.
What was your logic behind this one? Kinda neat idea, but doesn't make any sense to me.

5. Swmimming: Human figures with a defence of 3-can move up to 3 spaces in water, without exceeding their normal move.
Hmmm... why only humans?
I like using it where I specify the "depth" of the water, which dictates how many movement it takes to move through one space of it. (For example, Shallow Water takes only 2 movement to move thru (like snow); Standing Water takes 3 movement, High Water takes 4, etc.)
Also, you could try subtracting the depth of the water from the figure's height while they are on that water tile, leaving no less than 1 height (like they're actually in the water--aka, an Agent in Deep Water (depth 5) would not be adjacent to a figure standing on the bank 1 level higher). Just a thought...

6. Sinking: When figures with a hieght of 9+ are on swamp or sand tiles, they count every 1 tile as 2 when moving.
Similar thing--I specify the depth at the beginning of the game, and it affects all figures. Affecting only larger figures is interesting, but maybe take it down to 7 or something. (or just all Large/Huge figures)

7. Misty Shroud: During Fog, all figures have -1 move.

8. Tunnel: Any figure with a hieght of 3- can "tunnel" up to four spaces under any terrain or obstacle instead of using a normal move.
....why?

9. Frozen Locks: During Freeze, the Door cannot be shut or closed, it remains in it's current position.

10. Turbulence: During Wind, the Airborne Elite cannot perform "The Drop."
I like this! I usually say that flying figures move 2 less spaces when flying, too.
11. Resident Evil: Any zombie figure on a sand tile has +1 attack and defence.
hahaha

TERRAIN
1. Swamp Water: Human figures cannot swim in swamp water. At the end of each turn, all figures in swamp water, excluding Mrros and Nagrubs, roll one attack die for unblockable poison damage.

2. Water: Soulborg figures who end their turn in water roll the d20 for rust, and a 16+ causes them to be unable to attack next turn. (See above.)

3. Castle: Any figure behind atleast 3 battlements has +1 defence.
I did this, too. Later on, I just simplified it to any figure covered at least 50% (by anything/anyone) got +1 defense.
4. Swamp: Human figures have -1 move on Swamp tiles.
I like the restricted move, but perhaps apply it to everyone except Marro/Nagrubs, IMO.

WEATHER
At the beginning of each turn, roll the d20 for weather.
1. 1-4: Normal Day.
2. 5-8: Snow
3. 9-12: Wind
4. 13-16: Rain
5. 17-20: Fog

1. Rain: All Soulborg figures roll the 20-sided die for rust separately. If a 1 or 20 is rolled, they cannot move for this turn. Roll the 20-sided die again for other effects:
1-5 Flooding. All spaces adjacent to a water space or swamp water space are looked upon as water. Now, by adjacent, do you mean on the same level as, or connected to? Because whenever I build maps, these pieces are always "sunken in" 1 level, so the only things truly adjacent are just other water pieces....
6-10 Nothing happens.
11-15 Lightning. Each player chooses one figure to roll lightning damage, same as falling damage. I would possibly make this only on a roll of 1, and then treat it like Mitonsoul. Your lightning is way too frequent and wimpy.
16-20 Mud. All sand spaces turn to mud, which makes each tile count as double the normal move.

2. Snow: All snow spaces are counted as two levels. Do you mean for moving up, or standing on as well? Roll the 20-sided die for other effects:
1-7 nothing happens.
8-16 Freeze. All water and swamp water turns to ice. When moving on ice, all medium figures slide and can be moved one space in any direction by an enemy player for every space moved. Large and huge figures cannot move on ice. I really like the idea of freezing water, except for:
[1] The fact that it can just randomly turn back into water again (unless it becomes effective for the rest of the game?);
[2] How an enemy can move the figure after EVERY SPACE--aka, move it immediately back to the space it just came from, aka, impossible to move on ice, aka, NO.
I play where either you can move carefully on ice (treated like Hasbro's Slippery Ice), or you can try to run normally, where rolling a certain number range on the d20 (can't remember right now) simply ends movement.
17-20 Freeze. ummmm...

3. Wind: All small figures count every tile as 2 when moving. Roll the 20-sided die for other effects.
1-10 nothing happens.
11-20 Sandstorm. Any figure adjacent to at least 4 sand tiles can be moved up to 5 spaces to another sand tile by an enemy player. 5??? Holy COW! That could get interesting REAL quickly... You'd think they'd roll for damage somehow, too...

4. Fog: All figures (excluding shades) have 1 less move. Any figure with a range of 4+ has 1 less range. All flying figures (except shades) have 2 less move.

5. Normal Day: Roll the 20-sided die.
1-6 nothing happens.
7-12 Avalanche. Any figures on a snow tile cannot move this turn. Any figure on a level 3+ rock tile rolls falling damage without moving. (Excluding orcs) I REALLY like the idea of avalanche, but there might be a better way to do it... perhaps all figures next to any extreme level differences (4 levels or more) roll for falling damage?
13-18 Bright sun. All snow tiles are treated as water.
19-20 The mightiest tree in the forest is cut down with a herring. hahahahahahaha

I would love ... new ideas...
Here's some ideas I've been toying around with: (WARNING--Also not play-tested...)

Acid

Terrain used: Swamp Water
At the end of each round, all figures on an Acid space receive 1 wound. If a double-spaced figure is on two Acid spaces, they only roll for damage once. Soulborgs may roll a defense die against Acid damage.
Jungle Brush

Terrain used: Jungle Brush
No figure may end their movement on a Jungle Brush space. When falling onto a Jungle Brush space, subtract 2 dice when rolling for falling damage. Figures may use 1 movement to roll an attack die against any Jungle Brush space. If a skull is rolled, they may ignore the movement rules for Jungle Brush. Figures may roll as many times as they want against as many Jungle Brush spaces as they want per turn. Figures may not roll against Jungle Brush more times than their movement.

Quicksand
Terrain used: Concrete, Sand
When falling onto a Quicksand space, subtract 1 die when rolling for falling damage. Once a figure lands on a Quicksand space, roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 1-12, that figure becomes stuck and must end their movement. Figures may not move off of a Quicksand space unless they first roll a 20 or higher on a 20-sided die or a friendly figure is adjacent to them. (Double-spaced figures only roll for Quicksand when their entire base is on Quicksand spaces.) Moving off of a Quicksand space uses 2 movement. Figures may also be moved by a special ability or glyph effect. Whenever you roll a 20-sided die for any effects of Quicksand, you may add the height of the figure to your roll. Figures which ignore any movement effects of Water do not have to roll for Quicksand.

Amazon Water
Terrain used: Swamp Water, Water
See rules for Deep Water.
At the end of each round, roll a 20-sided die for all figures in Amazon Water. If a double-spaced figure is on two Amazon Water spaces, they only roll for damage once. If a 1-5 is rolled, that figure receives 1 wound. Subtract 3 from the roll for every wound already on that figure. Soulborgs never roll for Amazon Water damage.
Frigid Water
Terrain used: Ice, Water, Ice layered on Water
See rules for Deep Water.
At the end of each round, roll a 20-sided die for all figures in Frigid Water. If a double-spaced figure is on two Frigid Water spaces, they only roll for damage once. If a 1-5 is rolled, that figure receives 1 wound. Soulborgs may roll a defense die against Frigid Water damage.
Toxic Water
Terrain used: Swamp Water, Water
See rules for Standing Water or Deep Water.
Figures that land on a Toxic Water space receive a Poison Marker. Any figures with a Poison Marker roll a combat die at the beginning of each round. If they roll a skull, they receive 1 wound.
At the end of each round, roll an attack die for all figures in Toxic Water. If a double-spaced figure is on two Toxic Water spaces, they only roll for damage once. If a skull is rolled, that figure receives 1 wound. Soulborgs never roll for Toxic Water damage.

~ If we knew the meaning of life, life would have no meaning. ~

Last edited by lxnrhinners; April 16th, 2010 at 09:28 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions