Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old April 26th, 2021, 01:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - Round 2 Until 5/3

Round 2 is on Royal Gardens.

The boromir96 (1-0) v. guild_warrior (1-0) armies are:

* Marro Hive, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Re-Tak-Shi, Marro Drudgex5

* Me-Burq-Sa, Ne-Gok-Sa, Sentinels of Grax, Grok Ridersx3, Marro Drudge (drop 2 hexes)
guild_warrior chooses who places first.

The captain stupendous (1-0) v. s1r_art0r1us (1-0) armies are:
Dead & Butter Commons
* Bol, Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 9000, Deathstalkersx3
Rally under the banner
* Hatamoto Taro, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai Archersx6
captain stupendous chooses who places first.

The kevindola (1-0) v. vydar is the man (1-0) armies are:
I'm 10% Dolomite!
* Deltacron, 10th Regiment of Footx5
Costly Cavaliers
* Morgan's Riflemen, Sir Gilbert, Knights of Westonx4
kevindola chooses who places first.

The chris perkins (1-0) v. coachmuskie (1-0) armies are:
Big Blue & the Spiders Too
* Marro Warriors, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx5
spooky specters
* Brute Gruts, Major J15, Rygarn, Specters of Aldornx4
chris perkins chooses who places first.

The dysole (1-0) v. vegietarian18 (1-0) armies are:
Run like Mell (on)
* Deltacron, Otonashi, Red Mantis Blade Dancersx3, Venoc Vipersx5
How Major Q9 Stole Three Elves
* Major Q9, Warriors of Ashrax6
vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The scaperedude (1-0) v. driftwood (0-0) armies are:
Grok-o-dile Hunters
* B-11 Resistance Corps, Jarek Guy, Ne-Gok-Sa, Grok Ridersx3

driftwood chooses who places first.

The mtl1998 (0-1) v. dad_scaper (0-1) armies are:
one "cheap" giant
* Jotun, Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Dreadgul Raidersx3
dok is my hero
* Kuthnak, Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx5
dad_scaper chooses who places first.

The dok (0-1) v. heroscaper guy (0-1) armies are:
Welcome to the Jungle
* Marro Warriors, Motley Max, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Eilan Sidhex6

* Kozil, Otonashi, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx4
heroscaper guy chooses who places first.

The heroscaper2010 (0-1) v. grey waves (0-1) armies are:
Kilts For Glory
* Bol, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Kira Jax, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Thorgrim the Viking Champion, MacDirk Warriorsx4
Knights and the Riflemen
grey waves chooses who places first.

The vegies dad (0-1) v. shiftrex (0-1) armies are:
wolves in the swamp
* Arktos, Re-Tak-Shi, Varkaanan Darkclaws, Marro Drudgex5, Sahuagin Raiderx3
Hard to Kill
* Krav Maga Agents, Nicholas Esenwein, Otonashi, Bloodburst Thrallx4, Darkprowl Thrallx4, Deathstrike Thrall, Preyblood Thrall
shiftrex chooses who places first. Send PMs to vegietarian18 to schedule games with his dad.

The xorlof (0-1) v. dompredator77 (0-1) armies are:

* Brave Arrow, Theracus, Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipersx7 (drop 1 hex)
Lando Calrissian
* Deathwalker 7000, Dünd, Ne-Gok-Sa, Dumutef Guard, Grok Ridersx2, Roman Archersx3 (drop 3 hexes)
xorlof chooses who places first.
Old April 26th, 2021, 07:26 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The chris perkins (1-0) v. coachmuskie (1-0) armies are:
spooky specters
Getting started in a few minutes @ ~ 7:30 pm EST.

---------------------------------------------------------

I got the win over coachmuskie thanks to a blazing hot Quahon.

Her special attack never hit 0/4 & only hit 1/4 once (& still killed the targeted figure). Everything else was 2/4 & 3/4.

With no cover the specters were never able to get enough forward positioning to really threaten Q and I was able to keep spiders on height almost the whole game. muskie had 2 big ranged shots on Quahon, but they 1/5 & 1/4 and did no damage. J15 tried to reach Quahon in the late game once most of the specters were dead, but was surround by spiders too quickly to get to any good height.

muskie called the game with a wounded Rygarn, 4 specters, & 3 gruts. I had 12 spiders left and a full health Quahon and all 4 MWs still in my SZ.

gg coachmuskie. Tough to do much when Quahon is that hot.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; April 26th, 2021 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Game Result
Old April 26th, 2021, 09:03 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a thought during my game with coachmuskie that I wanted to share here.

OHS doesn't do a ton of bring-1 type formats, but for the ones that we do, has there been any thoughts on implementing a map-striking system? Something like you & your opponent each round can strike 1-2 maps from the possible maps you play on (instead of everyone having the same map for the round).

I know GenCon finals implements something like that, and it would be more feasible online than at a full in-person tournament because of the lack of terrain requirements.

Just a though, since it would reduce some of the matchup variance that can make bring-1 games blowouts more often than in other formats.
Old April 26th, 2021, 09:24 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Possibly

It's an interesting idea worth considering. We have some other ideas that we're considering as well. I think given all the interest in OHS and the number of ideas that have been thrown out in general, it's probably time to revive this thread.

~Dysole, 95% confident she will lose this next one and there's not really any maps that are gonna help there ~_^
Old April 29th, 2021, 03:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Friday (4/30) at 1pm central

Quote:
The kevindola (1-0) v. vydar is the man (1-0) armies are:
I'm 10% Dolomite!
Costly Cavaliers
Old April 29th, 2021, 05:11 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Starting now.

Quote:
The boromir96 (1-0) v. guild_warrior (1-0) armies are:

* Me-Burq-Sa, Ne-Gok-Sa, Sentinels of Grax, Grok Ridersx3, Marro Drudge (drop 2 hexes)

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 29th, 2021, 09:25 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Dysole and I should be getting started here soon.

EDIT: I got the win, but Dysole made it tough. Dysole had no range outside of Deltacron to counter my Ashra, but her Red Mantis Blade Dancer opener was extremely tough for my Ashras to deal with regardless. 4 defense and Stealth Armor is tough for the Ashra to crack through with only 3 of 3 attacks per turn, so I had to grind through them and hope for the best. The Mantises were able to Stealth Leap over the Ashra screen and get directly next to Q9, and I couldn't easily get them off of there, but they only managed 1 wound on him. Dysole's Venocs fared much worse, taking down a few Ashra but only blocking a single attack the entire game. Because of the heavy Mantis early game, I was able to advance some Ashra into Dysole's startzone and lay into the Venocs before they could get going. Deltacron made it close, but was taking lots of LEAs freeing himself up for Slash and Shoot special. He got it down to Q9 and 4 Ashra with initiative on the line, but Q9 won it and ran away, and Deltacron had to take one last LEA to try to catch Q9, and he died to it. Good game.

Last edited by vegietarian18; April 29th, 2021 at 11:26 PM.
Old April 30th, 2021, 09:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Veggie's Dad played a scary game tonight and had me on the ropes several times.

Early game was Krav and Darkclaws duking it out, they managed to kill Arktos and whittle the darkclaws while Otonashi died after running very fast to a glyph. Then Veggie's Dad set up a RTS pod with the drudge and we had a slug fest, during which the krav eventually died to stray shots. After the pod got set up with the drudge I couldn't waste OMs to move them back and had to rely on their stealth dodge while playing with Thralls and Nicky E.

Darkprowl thrawls worked really well for me this game, their special attack from elevation point to elevation point plus stealthy helped. Bloodbursts were the main unit i ressurected, they didn't kill much and i never got their defensive explosion (used their offensive power once and the thrall died too). Nicky spent a lot of time flying in, killing a figure to drop a blood burst in engagements and then overextending to fly out (though this did fail once and I got trapped, almost dying to the drudge pod). Nick was at 1 life at one point in the game and almost died to a drudge on height, managed to heal back up and finally died to RTS in the enemy start zone after finishing off the scary sanguin raiders.

Deathstrike and Preyblood at 1 each in my build helped me late game, got to use Deathstrike's ability twice (brought him back to life once near enemy start zone) with the second time putting 3 wounds on RTS, then Preyblood running down the rest of the map to deliver a strong attack to the wounded RTS with the extra dice. I can see why they aren't as well liked but I definitely relied on them at 1 each for a strong closer.

Very close game, Drudge were stronger than I thought they would be.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:51 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Third Times a Charm

Round 3 is on If You Can't Take the Heat.

The vydar is the man (2-0) v. s1r_art0r1us (2-0) armies are:
Costly Cavaliers
Rally under the banner
* Hatamoto Taro, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai Archersx6
s1r_art0r1us chooses who places first.

The boromir96 (2-0) v. scaperedude (2-0) armies are:

Grok-o-dile Hunters
scaperedude chooses who places first.

The vegietarian18 (2-0) v. chris perkins (2-0) armies are:

The mtl1998 (1-1) v. guild_warrior (1-1) armies are:
one ""cheap"" giant
* Jotun, Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Dreadgul Raidersx3

The captain stupendous (1-1) v. grey waves (1-1) armies are:
Dead & Butter Commons
* Bol, Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 9000, Deathstalkersx3
Knights and the Riflemen
grey waves chooses who places first.

The kevindola (1-1) v. dompredator77 (1-1) armies are:
I'm 10% Dolomite!
Lando Calrissian
* Deathwalker 7000, Dünd, Ne-Gok-Sa, Dumutef Guard, Grok Ridersx2, Roman Archersx3 (drop 3 hexes)
dompredator77 chooses who places first.

The coachmuskie (1-1) v. dysole (1-1) armies are:
spooky specters
Run like Mell (on)
* Deltacron, Otonashi, Red Mantis Blade Dancersx3, Venoc Vipersx5
dysole chooses who places first.

The shiftrex (1-1) v. dok (1-1) armies are:
Hard to Kill
* Krav Maga Agents, Nicholas Esenwein, Otonashi, Bloodburst Thrallx4, Darkprowl Thrallx4, Deathstrike Thrall, Preyblood Thrall
Welcome to the Jungle
* Marro Warriors, Motley Max, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Eilan Sidhex6
shiftrex chooses who places first.

The vegies dad (0-2) v. heroscaper2010 (0-2) armies are:
wolves in the swamp
* Arktos, Re-Tak-Shi, Varkaanan Darkclaws, Marro Drudgex5, Sahuagin Raiderx3
Kilts For Glory
* Bol, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Kira Jax, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Thorgrim the Viking Champion, MacDirk Warriorsx4
heroscaper2010 chooses who places first. Send PMs to vegietarian18 to schedule games with his dad.

The heroscaper guy (0-2) v. driftwood (0-0) armies are:

* Kozil, Otonashi, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx4

driftwood chooses who places first.

~Dysole, launching us forward

Last edited by Dysole; May 3rd, 2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:57 AM

Re: Third Times a Charm

Quote:
The vegietarian18 (2-0) v. chris perkins (2-0) armies are:
Playing tonight @ 8 pm EST

-------------------------------

Edit: I got the win thanks to some incredibly good luck.

Vegie opened pure Q9 and I opened pure spiders/Quahon. Q9 was able to avoid engagement in round 1 and took a regular attack on Quahon that did no damage. Meanwhile Quahon slowly moved across the high ground and I spammed spiders into the center of the map, but Vegie did a good job of keeping Q9 out of their threat range. Q9 also killed a spider I sent to Valda. I had lost init in round 1, so I tried to go for an init switch + valda to get Quahon engaged with Q9 quickly, but the spider on Valda died to lava. Quahon managed to dodge a lava wound of her own.

I did end up getting init, but was unable to engage Quahon so I sent a spider to tie down Q9 and Quahon took her SA into Ashra, killing 3; another spider re-took Valda. Vegie then didn't have much choice but to kill the spider adjacent to Q9 (Quahon was out of Quiglex range) and then I was able to get Quahon engaged to Q9 with her 7 move, but her 3/6 attack was blocked by Q9's 5/7 defense. Q9 & Quahon traded attacks, with both getting down to 1 life by the end of the round. Meanwhile I brought up as many spiders as I could. Vegie had OM3 on Ashra, and got 3 engaged with Quahon.

I then won my 2nd big init in a row (more would follow), and saw Vegie had 3 OMs on Ashra. I took a risk that Q9 was the X (he was) and SA'ed into 3 Ashra. I brought up more spiders to screen for the side of Quahon that wasn't engaged by Ashra. Vegie had 3 attacks of 3 v. 3 on Quahon with Ashra but did no damage (including a 3-skull roll that Quahon blocked with 3/3 shields). Quahon then killed more Ashra, and my spider screen covered another exposed point so Vegie only had 2 Ashra engaged. Both of those Ashra then missed their 3 v. 3 on Quahon. Quahon then cleared out most of the rest of the engaged Ashra, and a spider got a key kill on the last Ashra adjacent to Quahon. Vegie was unable to get an Ashra engaged to Quahon on OM3.

I then won the 3rd big init in a row and assumed (rightly) that Vegie had OM1 on Q9. Quahon took a regular attack and killed Q9 with a 5/6. Vegie had a lost OM, and Quahon was able to proceed with SAs on Ashra. That SA didn't kill any, but I had Quahon behind a full spider screen at this point. We traded Ashra & spiders for a while.

Eventually, with 3 spiders left & 3 Ashra left, one of the elves finally, an Ashra finally got engaged with Quahon and finished her off. But I still had MWs left in my SZ who easily dealt with the remaining Ashra.

Quahon lived for a really long time with 1 life, and every bit of that was essential as spiders alone into Ashra is pretty much useless. I also needed to win init on round 3 & 4 to have any chance. Quahon also blocked 5 consecutive Ashra attacks, and if any of them had gone through Vegie wins easily. Definitely one of my luckier runs I've had.

gg Vegie

Last edited by Chris Perkins; May 3rd, 2021 at 09:48 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:41 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - Round 3 Until 5/9

Chris Perkins took down Q9 and the Elves tonight. Neither of us loved the matchup; Quahon is very vulnerable to Q9's range, and the Ashra are very vulnerable to Quahon's special. I went straight Q9 to open the game, hoping to land some early damage on Quahon and pull her to my startzone where I could unload the Queglix and have Ashra support. I didn't get early damage (missed one snipe, diverted another to take a Spider off of Valda), but I did pull the dragon to my startzone to end round 1. Round 2 the fight between the titans began. The first two Q9 volleys dropped 6 wounds on Quahon, and could have been 7, but my last shot of 3/3 skulls was blocked by 3/3 shields. Quahon came back from that with a vengeance; she smacked Q9 for 3 wounds on her second attack on him, blocked all three of my R2OM3 Ashra attacks, and then won initiative to clear some space. Things rapidly fell apart for me; after that turn I was down to only two attacks on Quahon, and those two failed, and I couldn't clear out any Spiders, and I lost the next initiative too. I finally did catch and kill Quahon, but I only had 3 Ashra left at this point, and they never even touched the Marro Warriors. Good game Chris.
Old May 5th, 2021, 05:44 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - Round 3 Until 5/9

Quote:
The boromir96 (2-0) v. scaperedude (2-0) armies are:

Grok-o-dile Hunters
scaperedude chooses who places first.
Scheduled to begin shortly.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events