Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 27th, 2017, 03:52 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
If HA1 attacks a figure, and then HA2 attacks the same figure, will HA2 get the bonus on the first attack? As written, probably not. But it might be interesting (and go along with your "focused assassin") to have it work that way. Perhaps something like, "if a Hive Assassin attacks a figure that has already been attacked this turn, it rolls one additional die."
That is pretty tempting but I think it could get out of hand quickly. (3->4)x2 is pretty good, but 3->4->5->6 is a little too devastating for my tastes, and dropping their base attack down makes them too weak against squads. Maybe I can put a one die cap on it (3->4->4->4), but I'd have to consider the wording. I was otherwise contemplating a flanking type power for them but it didn't feel right with only a two figure squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Second is a naming issue. To me, "Hide In Plain Sight" means "blend in with the crowd." But your power works in the opposite way, as the Hive Assassin wants to be far from the madding crowd and all that. I don't know what else you might call it -- Mantis Camouflage? But I'd suggest renaming that power.
Yeah, I was riffing on the D&D ability of the same name that assassins get. It doesn't strictly speaking work that way but I was interested more in the game play (better defense against range, vulnerability to getting swarmed, stalking off on your own). Here it is taking the plain sight literally, with the theme that you are easier to pick out when you are standing next to other people. I'm open to another name, but Mantis Camouflage doesn't feel right.
Old February 27th, 2017, 04:26 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

IshMEL;s suggested wording already wouldn't stack, though the first 'if' probably should be a 'when'.

I assume Assassin Strikes is just supposed to give double attack right? The current wording is giving them infinite attacks instead, it needs a 'one additional' in there.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 21st, 2017, 09:55 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is the Ogre from Pathfinder Miniatures - Rise of the Runelords

This is the Ogre Brute from Pathfinder Miniatures - Rise of the Runelords

This is Jaagrath Kreeg from Pathfinder Miniatures - Rise of the Runelords

NAME = Durgeth Brutes
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Valhalla
SPECIES = Durgeth
CLASS = Savages
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Large 6 (single based)
UNIQUE SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 100

SWAMP FORTITUDE

Durgeth Brutes start the game with 3 Fortitude markers on this Army Card. When a Durgeth Brute figure you control would receive one or more wounds, for each wound you may remove a Fortitude marker from this Army Card to negate those wounds. If a Durgeth Brute is on a swamp or swamp water space, you may remove 1 Fortitude marker instead to negate all wounds.

Like Uzog who has been submitted by Kinseth to the SoV, the Durgeth Brutes are savages that hail from the Durgeth Swamps on Valhalla. The Brutes are a large and tough breed of savages who seek to use their strength to smash through their opponents. They are a hardy group who can shrug off a few hits before succumbing to their wounds. In their native swamps, they seem to draw strength from the land itself and ward off even the most devastating attacks.

The Durgeth Brutes can hit hard like the Kozuke Samurai but aren't nearly as fast and have lower defenses (not to mention the lack of counter attack). What they lack in speed and skill they make up for in tenacity. Effectively they have 3 extra life that they can use to absorb a few wounds before they start getting brought down. I could imagine some scenarios where it's even better to just lose a brute rather than giving up all three markers on a single attack. They thrive in swamp environments where a single marker can absorb any number of wounds. Their low defense makes them vulnerable to squads but they can be a menace to even powerful heroes in a swamp.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old March 21st, 2017, 07:16 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice find on these figures, and I really like the twist on Exoskeletons. It's good for a Unique squad to have, and like you said there will be some interesting choices.
Old March 21st, 2017, 07:48 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

They look very interesting! I would bump their move to 6 to represent their giant 'strides' and that will help them engage fasters - and maybe defense to 3 since Unique Squads can really suffer to range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
This is the Ogre from Pathfinder Miniatures - Rise of the Runelords

NAME = Durgeth Brutes
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Valhalla
SPECIES = Durgeth
CLASS = Savages
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Large 6 (single based)
UNIQUE SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 100

SWAMP FORTITUDE

Durgeth Brutes start the game with 3 Fortitude markers on this Army Card. When a Durgeth Brute figure you control would receive one or more wounds, for each wound you may remove a Fortitude marker from this Army Card to negate those wounds. If a Durgeth Brute is on a swamp or swamp water space, you may remove 1 Fortitude marker instead to negate all wounds.

Old March 21st, 2017, 08:17 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I really dig these Durgeth Brutes Ixe! Solid stats backed up by a simple but useful power (with a terrain bonus, which I think is sweet!), plus awesome minis. I feel like this card seems natural enough that you could play it alongside Classic units and wouldn't notice a difference, so great job! They seem really sharky with their Fortitude markers protecting them until they get to wallop on opponent's figures. As a Unique Squad that power does have a price, though. My initial impression was that the points seem a little high, but the more I think about it the more it seems right. Definitely a unit I'd like to play!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 5th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Hey, @Ixe ! You have some really awesome cards here, and some I'm hoping to pick up soon. Would you mind if I got the MCC to design cards for a few of your figures? I'm specifically about to add Famine and Mithrodar to my collection.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 6th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Hey, @Ixe ! You have some really awesome cards here, and some I'm hoping to pick up soon. Would you mind if I got the MCC to design cards for a few of your figures? I'm specifically about to add Famine and Mithrodar to my collection.
Anyone may feel free to use any and all of my units in whatever capacity you want. I'm glad that you like them!
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Anyone may feel free to use any and all of my units in whatever capacity you want. I'm glad that you like them!
Thank you!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:21 AM

It has been a long time since posting. I looked back through my old thread and realized that I had left a few cycles incomplete and didn’t round out my generals. I’d like to round that out before slinking back into obscurity.

That being said, here is the Kuroshi Rider from Infinity

This is Yojimbo from Infinity

And this is Penthesilea from Infinity

Each miniature is supplied unassembled and unpainted.

NAME = Bladewheel Gang
GENERAL = Vydar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Criminals
PERSONALITY = Reckless
SIZE = Large 5 (Double Based)
COMMON SQUAD

Life = 1 (3 Figures)
Move = 8
Range = 1
Attack = 3
Defense = 3
Points = 120

BIKE JUMP SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 3. Attack 7.
A Bladewheel Gang that moved but did not attack normally may use Bike Jump Special attack. To Bike Jump, choose on a non-adjacent figure that was at least 4 clear sight spaces away from that Bladewheel Gang at the start of the turn and whose base is no higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of the attacking Bladewheel Gang. If the figure is destroyed, immediately place the attacking Bladewheel Gang on at least one space the figure occupied, if possible. If you cannot or the figure was not destroyed, destroy the attacking Bladewheel Gang.

The Bladewheel Gang is part of a future crime syndicate on Earth. They recklessly roar into battle on their motorcycles and slash at their enemies. They can even jump their powerful bikes to crash into their enemies, just as easily taking themselves out in the process.

This gang concludes my cavalry squad cycle with each unit being able to move fast, hit hard, and ultimately not being worth the points. Motorcycles felt like an appropriate mount for Vydar but the design itself is ultimately pretty derivative of the Pounce Special Attack from the Wolves of Bardu. These rides hit a bit harder and aren’t size restricted but they are even easier to lose since they are additionally destroyed if they can’t fit their double base into the space their target occupied.

Last edited by Ixe; July 30th, 2019 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added an extra attack die to the special because they probably need it.
Old July 27th, 2019, 02:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great to see you post @Ixe . I cant help but to see the bikes are on circular bases. Do you have them rebased on peanuts or are you playing them on a gridless/hexless variant like the hexless scape variant I posted? I really like the flexibility of terrain options when using a non grid battlefield. I like the simplicity of the bikes design.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 28th, 2019, 07:00 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So glad to see a post from you, Ixe! Your comments were a real encouragement to me when I first started sharing my customs here.

I really like the idea of creating "cavalry" squads for all the generals who didn't have them yet, and the futuristic bicycle gang fits vydar perfectly.

They're fairly simple, and I do worry that they'd play too similarly to the wolves of Badru, and would probably not be worth their points. However, they do seem like they'd be very fun to play and I'm really glad you shared them!

I'm not sure if you intend to be around here too much more, but there's some really exciting stuff happening in the AotV threads, which is a community-driven master set that's being developed using components from the Arena of the Plainswalker sets. We'd love to get your input Regardless, I hope all is well with you and thank you for sharing your custom!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards