Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old June 17th, 2021, 02:09 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Combining Unmatched, Star Wars Epic Duels, and/or Heroscape

As most of you know 2 of the 3 Heroscape designers Rob Daviau & Craig Van Ness made Star Wars: Epic Duels (SW:ED) in 2002 a couple years before Heroscape in 2004, of which you can draw a direct lineage as Heroscape being a sequel or spiritual successor to SW:ED, with a lot of the same elements present. The game got rebooted as Transformers Armada: Battle for Cybertron, but never went anywhere after, as again Heroscape was it's replacement. CVN said they even designed Star Wars Heroscape sets for episode I-VI.

However Craig Van Ness left to start Soaring Rhino with his brother and Rob Daviau left to start Restoration Games with lawyer Justin D Jacobson. Rob got his patent (but not trademark) back form Hasbro to make the more direct sequel to Epic Duels - Unmatched, starting with public domain figures such as King Arthur, Alice in Wonderland, Big Foot, Sherlock, etc, but also now has licenses from Bruce Lee, Jurassic Pak, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and even Marvel. Anyway I like the idea of mixing Unmatched, SW:ED, and even Heroscape, somehow. These are my ideas:
  • Star Wars Characters in Epic Duels. For this, simply print card sets form https://unmatched.cards/decks as people have already made fan decks for star wars characters including almost all in SW:ED. Needs more playtests, however.
  • Unmatched or Epic Duels on Heroscape Terrain with Movement and Range rules from Heroscape but otherwise Unmatched or Epic Duels Rules. This is fairly easy, only thing needed is to add a "range #" to Heroes and Sidekicks, and double most the move values on units (in Unmatched most are 3, some are 2 or 4; in SW:ED they are all 3) or finesses them slightly less than double for some characters to average around 5-6.
  • Unmatched Units to Heroscape. This would be the hardest as is basically making Heroscape customs from almost scratch, taking as much powers from Unmatched cards as possible. After AotV I could see a set with Unmatched heroes and squads. Maybe even have some "spell cards" based on Unmatched cards.

Has anyone done the above or see interest in it?
Old June 17th, 2021, 02:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Combining Unmatched, Star Wars Epic Duels, and/or Herosc

I have mixed playing Unmatched vs SW:ED but before I found the fan decks and just used original decks. I will say they do mix fairly well, especially in "team game" with each team having one Star Wars and one Unmatched deck/army. I just printed fan decks (SW:ED conversion) so will have to try.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games