Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Turn FotA into a Dice Tower. No tools required.

Brilliant! How in the world did you think of this?!

I am SO making one of these.
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've seen this idea a couple of times before but yours is very looks very well done. I think this is the first time that no additional pieces were used.

My search-fu isn't working. There was a map at one time that a double dice tower in the middle. Each side poured out a flat water tile surface. I'll +rep the one who finds it for me.
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Now you just need to make a map that incorporates the FotA Dice Tower!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; February 13th, 2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: FotA Dice Tower Inc.?
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice! I never saw any point in dice towers (wouldn't it be just as easy to just roll them? ) but I have 3 FotAs, so I might build this just because it looks cool.

Also, do the dice ever fall into the spaces between the hexes in the tray so that they don't lie flat?

Old February 13th, 2012, 09:11 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Brilliant! How in the world did you think of this?!
Got sticker-shock looking at the prices of dice towers online, and wondered if I couldn't find some use for the extra FotA sets lying around. That....and a little late-night vodka always fuels my creative juices.

Believe me, after hours of hearing dice rattling down plastic chutes, combined with my endless cackling, my wife was about to throw me off the castle walls last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
I've seen this idea a couple of times before but yours is very looks very well done. I think this is the first time that no additional pieces were used.
Thanks AliasQTip. Given your amazing customs, your threads were some of the first I searched through, wondering if this had been done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Now that's an idea....
Just don't tell Moltenclaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Also, do the dice ever fall into the spaces between the hexes in the tray so that they don't lie flat?
They do sometimes, for sure. But the channels separating the hexes aren't deep enough to ever leave the dice truly cocked. I mean, there's never any doubt as to which way the die is sitting. So should never lead to arguments.

The only problem is the D20. That WILL often land in the channels between hexes and end up ambiguously cocked. So for initiative and other D20 rolls, you'll need to roll on the table.

I'll hope to get the VirtualScape build instructions done tonight.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

This is really cool. I'm impressed. I'll have to build it once you get around to those instructions.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:40 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Yes...

-insert signature here-
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I wonder if some glued on felt could be used. Using Elmers or something that could be washed off, even...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:54 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So freakin cool. I showed my sons (8 & 4 year olds) this and they are so excited to build one. We can't wait to see your instructions!
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Distilled essence of awesome.

Thank you!

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:26 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Finally something to do with your your extra Fortress set... Make your own dice tower!

Uses only a single FotA.
We have extra FotA's but we don't need extra "yours".

Speaking of "Yours", you're just wanting me to rep out on you. So selfish of you.

EDIT: HS2010, (trying to be Aldin ), tries to give Typhoon rep, but is still repped out from all the amazing 1x BftU maps he built.

EDIT 2: I like the :'wink': smile. Bad habits
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
They do sometimes, for sure. But the channels separating the hexes aren't deep enough to ever leave the dice truly cocked. I mean, there's never any doubt as to which way the die is sitting. So should never lead to arguments.

The only problem is the D20. That WILL often land in the channels between hexes and end up ambiguously cocked. So for initiative and other D20 rolls, you'll need to roll on the table.
Perhaps using the ice/water/shadow/swamp water tiles can eliminate that. Oh, btw, very nice dice tower.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions