Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 1st, 2021, 08:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G TTS Super League! - End of season Debrief.

Looks like it wasn't posted but the Finals was Bats vs Splash and Bats won. Someone needs to do a full recap of playoffs here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 09:57 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

1. Did you enjoy the experience and would you join again?
Yes. Not sure if I'll immediately sign up for the next season or not, but it's something I'd return to.

2. Did you like having a home field?
Yeah, I think that was a good wrinkle. Gave me something to plan around and changed up the dynamics of certain matches.

3a. If so did you specifically draft to work with your field?
Yep. Not a ton, but a bit.

4. Do you think the season was...
b. Just the right amount

It definitely took a long time to play out with that many matches, but I liked getting to play a lot of people and having a couple rematches in there.

I do think that if we had more players, the number of matches would probably have to be capped around what we did this time, instead of growing to let everyone still play against each other.

5. What did you like/dislike about the variable army sizes.
I like that it forced you to make good use of your bench and be able to mix up your options instead of having 1 or 2 go-to builds. Being able to create a deep roster that could hit whatever point total was an interesting challenge.

6. Would you prefer a standard sized army?
No.

7. Are there any other options for army size that you'd like to see (900 points etc.)
Not particularly.

8. Did you like the divisional schedule or would you rather it be one big division?
I liked having a couple rematches to think about in there. Otherwise, having divisions didn't necessarily do a lot for me.

9. What did you like/dislike about the Free Agent aspect of the league and it's process?
Definitely got a little messy figuring out the process at a couple points - I think most of that's been hashed out now, though. No strong feelings one way or the other.

10. What did you like/dislike about the playoff structure?
Disliked that I wasn't in it. I blame Enchantress.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 10:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotta love that feedback so far. I'm holding off, as I'm pretty biased, but Ronin's thoughts and mine largely align (the last question being a notable departure, of course).

Tagging folks in hopes of getting full participation here:
@Dysole @AlexH12 @Splash @toyhandle @Ericth74 @fret_gurglo @Karat

I will note really quickly that I very much enjoyed the social aspect of this and getting to know and hang out with a lot of y'all a lot more than I had before. I felt this especially with my division as I feel like I've gotten pretty close to Eric and toy as a result to this and have really enjoyed hanging out with those two awesome dudes.

I love the idea of division rivalries developing over time as well. Like I own Eric so far, but he owns toy, and toy owns me. That's a pretty fun dynamic.

Also, Dysole whining about the interface was a frequent source of amusement, even as she mopped the floor with me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2021, 10:46 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G TTS Super League! - Discussions and Sign Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
End of the Season questionaire for all managers. You may post here or send it in a PM.

1. Do you think Bat's cheats? Most definitely.

The actual Commissioners debrief

1. Did you enjoy the experience and would you join again? Yes, looking forward to it

2. Did you like having a home field? Yes

3a. If so did you specifically draft to work with your field? Not as well as I should have
3b. If not, would you draft differently next time to maximize your home field? Most definitely

a. Too many matches
b. Just the right amount
c. Too few matches
Comments: It would have been nice to play each opponent twice, once on home field and once away. However that might have made for too long of a season.

5. What did you like/dislike about the variable army sizes. I thought it was great. Makes you have to diversify your roster and makes it so that you can't fully predict what your opponent will bring to the table.

6. Would you prefer a standard sized army? Nope

7. Are there any other options for army size that you'd like to see (900 points etc.) In our household we use 600/1000/1200/1600 as a standard for army building. I think it would be interesting to use this wide of a variety in a team build.

8. Did you like the divisional schedule or would you rather it be on big division? Sorry, I don't fully understand. I don't follow team sports and some of this terminology is beyond me.

9. What did you like/dislike about the Free Agent aspect of the league and it's process? If I took better advantage of this I probably would have done better overall, however I like the fact that I can add new characters that were recently released or adapt to an upcoming map/opponent.

10. What did you like/dislike about the playoff structure? Seemed fine for my brief appearance.

Overall I just want to say I really enjoyed playing against new people and getting to talk and (virtually) interact with them and I'd like to thank everyone involved. This connection with such an awesome group was the biggest highlight to me.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old October 2nd, 2021, 10:50 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think japes had a typo there and meant "one big division."

Basically he was asking did you like having a group of three folks who played each other twice and then played everyone else once or would you rather get rid of divisions and have everyone play each other the same amount of times.

Seems you're in favor of everyone playing everyone else twice, though, which is kind of one big division (but also, as you note, probably too much to schedule).

Your appearance wasn't that brief! I'm trying to remember our exact match ups, though. I know Wonder Woman got some good use against you on lava and that you scared me with Scarecrow on Grundy's Grave but I managed to take him out and then things went well for me. Wonder Woman was definitely my team (and playoff) MVP, but I can proudly say I didn't play her in my second game against Splash and still took it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2021, 11:42 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Commissioners debrief

Not a lot. I think most of that was learning curve and just getting inordinately busy in the middle of it. A lot of things were not super clear to people that have no experience in a draft setting and what I thought I understood in the beginning was not correct at all.

It's always fun to play other people though.

No. It seems too pointed to me. I especially don't like the idea of being stuck with a single one consistently.

Also, if there are many more players and no overlap is allowed then you'll soon run out of competitive maps or need to get cracking on making more, I vote for making more and taking a hard look at how home fields work if they persist.

Not until much later.
3b. If not, would you draft differently next time to maximize your home field?
I would pick a different map as a home field. I like the map I chose, a lot, but it is very limited for non-flyers or people that don't have expert climbing and there's not a ton of cohesive synergy for those types.

c. Too few matches
Comments: For the setup there was not enough division play and too much interdivision play. Correct me if I'm wrong, but how it works is a division dukes it out and then top team goes on to face other divisions plus a divisional wild card. Then those teams go at it till there are just 2 teams left. Seems almost more like 2 linked leagues with a championship game at the end of the second.

For one, I wasn't very clear at the onset as to how it worked for two, it seemed more like chaos, of which I am not a fan. It was a mad scramble every week to create an army. Felt like I was doing it from scratch the entire time.

Define standard sized. I think having set teams would be better. As in a Home Team and an Away Team, then you could make substitutions as you go from your roster/free agency & trades.

7. Are there any other options for army size that you'd like to see (900 points etc.)
Some of the smaller ones like 700 could be interestingbut there are also not a ton of cohesive teams at that point range yet. I think anything sub 1,000 struggles a bit and 1,200 almost gets so big as to be unwieldy, outside of a couple of factions anyways.

8. Did you like the divisional schedule or would you rather it be on big division?
As I mentioned early I think it needs to be more of an all in kind of deal or not at all.

9. What did you like/dislike about the Free Agent aspect of the league and it's process?
It was not not to be stuck with poor picks and I essentially changed my entire roster and direction as things went on.

I honestly got so busy that I tapped out after I got eliminated so I have no feedback on it.
Not necessarily a glowing review, but I might play again but I think I'd judge time commitments more harshly next time before signing up. This season was very frustrating mostly from not really understanding what was going on exactly and being busy at home/work.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 12:46 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. Do you think Bats cheats?
Oh yes.
2. Do you know of a way that we can catch him/stop him from doing so.
Draft Bane.
___

I had fun, it was cool playing with and meeting everyone a little more. Folks were pretty forgiving of my slipups and vice versa, which can't be said of some other tournament scenes where people take themselves too seriously. C3G is just a real friendly, welcoming crew.
I would join again if the visiting armies could be playtest armies, otherwise League takes up too much of my playtest time, whereas if we could bring them against people's home teams it would give me a better excuse to test and make sure they were competitively tested. I really only have time for one or two sessions a week.

Yup, I thought it was nice to have a steady, familiar spot for my home games.

Not particularly, I drafted thematically.
Yeah, it'd be cool to try an army with some water or tree stuff and whatnot next go-around.

a. Too many matches
b. Just the right amount
c. Too few matches
Comments: I think that mid season gap or whatever it was caused me to lose some interest, but the playoffs pulled me back in. Can't do much about it though, sometimes real life gets in the way of things.

It was great. Interesting trying different team combos and trying to counter who you'd be facing. I moreso saw people countering my Lanterns though. :P

Nah.

I sometimes like games at 800, 750, or even 500 points, so I would make it optional as long as both players agree to it, since some armies just can't operate at under 1,000.

8. Did you like the divisional schedule or would you rather it be on big division?
Not familiar with the lingo, but I think I'd prefer one big division.

I loved it, I didn't always have a clear idea of when we could though.

It made sense, wouldn't change much.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 05:09 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm pre-signed up.

I like the idea of home fields.

No, didn't think about it at all. I like Ivy's Greenhouse because it has jungle, evergreen, road, hills, water, and doesn't all come down to a big battle in the center of the map. It probably wasn't incredibly suited toward my army, and in the future, I might pick a home map with less evergreen, since I easily become preoccupied with trees.

I must.

a. Too many matches
b. Just the right amount
c. Too few matches
Comments:
If not b, then c. Best of 5, @Splash ?

I know that some enjoy 800 games, which sounds fun, and would force me to draft a bit differently. I'd be up to it, although I agree with Splash, sub 1k should be agreed upon by both players. Karat once wrecked me with 700pts of Bounty Hunters.

Only in a pure tournament setting.

Might be best if 1000-1300 were the standard 1 party decision, and sub-1k, 1300+, or totals between 1000-1300 that don't end in 00 were options if both parties agreed.

8. Did you like the divisional schedule or would you rather it be one big division?
Liked it.

Didn't use it, since I really wanted to learn more about the cards I drafted, but kept things lively with others who did use it.

Maybe the real treasure was the friends we made along the way.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 05:22 PM

Thanks for putting this together!

Quote:
End of the Season questionaire for all managers. You may post here or send it in a PM.

1. Do you think Bat's cheats?
Starting to think it's some sort of magical spell that's given me a charmed life. I guess you could try some mystical ritual of some sort?

Quote:
Just kidding...

Loved it. This has been apex geekdom for me. And I'm confident I'd say that even if I'd done terribly.

Quote:

I loved having a home field. I thought it really brought extra character to things that made it feel different than just a lengthy tournament.

I had my home field in mind when drafting, but it wasn't a dominant concern. Hulk definitely loved having trees to throw people into.

I more ended up picking up free agents and altering my roster with other people's homefields in mind (like getting long range for Dark Dimension and bringing people movers onto Martian War Zone).

Quote:
a. Too many matches
b. Just the right amount
c. Too few matches
Comments:
B. Just right. I would love to have gotten in more matches against some folks, but it obviously dragged a tad towards the end (with Con burn out and some other factors giving us a pause in the last round or two).

I like playing everyone once and I like having division foes, so hopefully we can retain those aspects, but I think a 10 game cap is good, so if we grow, some things might have to drop.

Quote:

I liked the variable army sizes. I spent countless hours planning the best way to strategize match ups based on my roster and the opponents'. To me the planning and roster moves were as much fun as the playing.

I wouldn't want a standard size, as it'd lose a lot of its charm as a format, IMO.

I'd be open to other sizes, but I'd worry going too high would really drag things out and going lower than 1000 would shift the meta too much and be really punitive to certain draft picks (Godzilla, for instance).

Quote:

Loved having a divisional schedule. To me that was a big thing that added to the charm.

Loved free agency and took advantage of it regularly. Same with trading.

I liked that the playoffs weren't one and done. It felt a lot fairer that way and kept it interesting.

Old October 2nd, 2021, 06:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Karat once wrecked me with 700pts of Bounty Hunters.
I would consider that a success.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 2nd, 2021, 06:50 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Yes, against me anyways!
I've hired Detective Chimp, he's on the case.

Just kidding...

I thought it was great, ran a little long with some unavoidable delays though.

Yes. But I would be just as happy to have everyone play on the same map each week that rotated through out the season. For example, everyone would play Grundy's Grave for week 1, Ivy's Playground week 2, etc.

Absolutely, only worked some of the time though.

Maybe, I feel I did ok with my home field picks.

a. Too many matches
b. Just the right amount
c. Too few matches
Comments: A regular season of 10 to 12 games seems right.

It was the best part besides playing the games. I really liked having to think about match ups with my opponents and deciding what point level I felt like I had an advantage.

No I liked the idea of playing at different point values. But I like having round number, 1000, 1100, 1200, not the home team pick 1035 or something like that.

I like 1000 to 1200 myself. Tough to draft for 1300+ with only 10 spots that makes sense together.

Yes, I liked having a home/away match-up.

I think it was too long, too often. Personally, I'd have just 1 free agency period at the mid-way point.

4 teams was fine for a 10 team league. If we have 12 or more, I'd thick 6 teams was better.
All in all this was alot of fun. I really enjoyed getting games in with lots of other people.

Last edited by Ericth74; October 2nd, 2021 at 06:56 PM. Reason: stuff
Old October 2nd, 2021, 08:42 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dysole And Her Long Rambles Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes;

I dunno what this nonsense y'all are talking about. Dude couldn't beat me with Vulcan who is a freaking tank. And I wasn't even playing with Ozymandias.
SCISSORS ARMIES. Make him try to outthink you. You will win. :P

Just kidding...

Mixed bag. I liked being able to play a bunch of people and I liked being able to mix and match builds. I really struggled with the TTS interface and the length of games was a bit of a toll on me with having other responsibilities. Unknown if I would join again or if I would step out/take a half role with someone else.

It was an interesting gimmick but I'm not sure it's an amazing one. I also have an idea that may end up dissuading people from the idea of home fields but it might be more gimmicky than it's worth.

Initially it was just taking advantage of the length of the field and the large amount of destructible objects. However within a few free agencies Iceman (AoA) is nuts on my home field and okay on others.

With so few draft pieces you kind of have to take a more generalist approach and so you can't build too deeply into your home field without sacrificing your ability to play on other people's turf.

a. Too many matches
b. Just the right amount
c. Too few matches
Comments:

Unsure. OHS has 4 games per regular season and that's certainly what I'm used to but this is a different animal. The truth of the matter is that the more games, the more likely the cream will rise to the top while the fewer games the more a good or bad swing of luck can really affect things.

I built my pool to a place where I could conceivably throw 3 different army archetypes at someone that all played very differently and I think that made me very hard to counterplay. I wish I'd done it earlier as my two early season losses could've gone very differently with some of my later game pieces. Having home team decide was useful as I used it a couple of times to either expand my arsenal or weaken someone else's by determining which point totals I thought would be better/worse for them. It's an interesting concept with a lot of minutiae going on that I'm not sure every player used.

Prefer is a strong word but there's a lot of cool tricks and armies that just will never see the light of day in this format. Anything with too much narrow synergy is going to be hurt by someone who can build something much more generalist in nature.

If you're going variables what you have is fine but I know I like giving people more difficult point totals to work with (things that don't end in nice round numbers)

I kinda hate divisions in general but this one at least meant that the top 4 teams went no matter their divisions which avoids my major complaint. If you happen to be in a particularly tough division though, it'll probably make it harder to have a good record. Not sure what the right answer is here.

It kept things relatively restrained. The "problem" is that if you made some bad mistakes in the draft you're a bit limited in your ability to correct that despite the massive library y'all have. But this format very much rewards good drafting. It also meant that anyone who had access to the figures before they came out had more time to contemplate them as roster additions. Not sure of an easy solution to this.

I legitimately zoned out after I was eliminated except to make a snarky comment that I beat both finalists so I was clearly the true champion because that's exactly how this works. Looked like multiple games in the playoffs which is probably a good call as it makes it harder to win because you have a good game on dice.

Additional side note re: draft. This format very much favors either figures with a VERY large synergy web or figures that are very generalist in nature. Not a good or a bad thing, just an observation.

~Dysole, hoping she's helpful

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy