Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old August 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart
Gamer's Paradise Closing! Buy Now!

Hello everyone. I was recently in Chicago and in the Water Tower Mall I went into the Gamer's Paradise store there. Apparently the whole chain of the stores are closing and everything in the store was at least 40% off! They mainly have a bunch of mass market games like Monopoly and stuff. They have a ton of Heroscape. I ended up picking up 2 Militia and Wolves and Star Wars Original Trilogy Risk all for around 35 bucks! I didn't see anything else posted about it anywhere here so I thought I'd let you guys know.
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Gamer's Paradise Closing! Buy Now!

They must be closing due to Ticala Jungle feaver...
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could be Raelin Pnumonia or the Otonashi Flu...

Old August 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Don't count out the Krug Bug.
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

This is not surprising. They've been closing a store here and a store there over the last couple of years. Too bad because they were an excellent source for Heroscape (way better than the big retailers and at MSRP most of the time). I'd say about half of my large HS collection came from Gamers Paradise.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 6th, 2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

R.I.P. Gamers Paradise. I knew you well. Maybe if I hadn't moved to Georgia, I might have supplied enough funds to keep you going.

(sigh)

Then again, your owners bought a whole bunch of crap that either made no sense being associated with you, or bloated your shelves so that others didn't think the product was worth buying.

Goodbye.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Can't argue with you there. The kept getting more and more novelty garbage and putting it all in the front of the store, leaving most of the better games hidden in the back of the store.

I tried to tell the manager at the Straford Mall store to break out some Heroscape terrain and build a big battlefield in the front window display in order to draw in more customers. He should have listened to me.
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:37 PM

tppytel is surprisingly tart

Thanks for the post. I may have to check that out. The one on Clark St. isn't too far from me, though I hate driving in that neighborhood. Anyone know if there's still a store in the HIP? That was the one I used to go to 20 years ago to get my gaming schwag. I could never believe how much stuff was jammed in there.
Old August 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

The Rise of the Valkyrie display at the Orland Square Mall location was what prompted me to actually buy the game. I had been mulling over it for a month before actually seeing it sealed the deal.

Come to think of it, I knew the franchise was hurting when I noticed all the "Sell Quick" crap they were starting to buy. Even the employees complained that they didn't apply there to sell novelties.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Spin Master

Ok. Stopped by the store at Woodfield and briefly talked to someone working there. The big sale is to reduce inventory before consolidating down to three stores. If I remember correctly, it should be Woodfield (Schaumburg), Yorktowne (Lombard) and WaterTower (Chicago) malls.

But it sounded like this consolidation is a last-ditch effort to avoid going out of business altogether. I definitely don't want to pay Cook County sales tax (highest in the country) at Woodfield or WaterTower. Maybe I'll buy HS at the Yorktowne store once in a while...
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Spin Master

Old thread but this looks like a good place to mention this...

While at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg I walked into a store called Gamer's World. Looked like they had all the old inventory of the defunct Gamer's Paradise (including some Wave 2, 5 and 8, and a few Marvel sets.)

The manager walked right up to me to see if I needed help finding anything. When I asked him about GP he said that yes, after 30 years GP went out of business. He was a long time employee of GP and managed the Woodfield store. So he took the remaining stuff from GP's owner and is starting up his own store. Guy's got some guts starting up on his own like that at a mall like Woodfield ... some pretty expensive retail realestate.

I mentioned wave 9 just to make sure he orders when it's made available.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales