Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 15th, 2007, 11:01 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
So tonight I played two squads of Dzu-Teh. I had this question:
If I have all my Dzu-Teh adjacent to glaciers, can all of them glacial traverse during a squad's activation?
I know there are only three to a squad, but the cards says "any or all Dzu-Teh you control".

Whattaya think? Have I had one too many Mojitos?
The card says "any or all you control each turn", and since you can only control 3 a turn, it would mean only 3. But that was a good question, had me intrigued
The official answer to a similar Shades of Bleakewood question confirmed that you may roll for Possession for all Shades you control, even if you have 30 of them! That seems to set a precedent here. Also, the card could have said, "for any or all Dzu-Teh you activate" but it didn't.

Still, the spirit of the game suggests you are limited to those three you activate. I believe the official ruling will be "all of them" but that people will probably play allowing just the three (which is what I've always done before reading this post).
I think the reason in this instance that it says "any or all" is to make sure it's not thought to be an "all or none" type of situation... i.e. just because all of your Dzu-teh are next to glaciers doesn't mean they all have to Glacier traverse, some of them may walk instead.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:29 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like how these sort of questions arise because of selective quoting.

Notice this stipulation in the power's wording:

Quote:
the Dzu-Teh may Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally.
Since only 3 Dzu-Teh are allowed to move normally on the turn, only 3 of them are able to Glacier Traverse.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Good point. That'll cinch it for me, Eclipse.
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:31 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I had a weird idea that i can't believe i haven't thought about or seen mentioned before. Ok, the Largest Glacier is 12 height right, well if you placed it next to a castle without the battlements then couldn't the Dzu-teh move up the castle wall to the ground and vice versa because the castle wall space would be 11 height and still adjacent to the glacier.
that would make for some interesting games!
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:37 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I had a weird idea that i can't believe i haven't thought about or seen mentioned before. Ok, the Largest Glacier is 12 height right, well if you placed it next to a castle without the battlements then couldn't the Dzu-teh move up the castle wall to the ground and vice versa because the castle wall space would be 11 height and still adjacent to the glacier.
Probably did this the very first castle map I ever built.

Lava rivers for the Moltarns to use are fun as well.
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:33 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Probably did this the very first castle map I ever built.

Lava rivers for the Moltarns to use are fun as well.
I probably didn't think of it because i rarely use the Glaciers - i try to make quick maps and only end up using the trees and grass hexes.
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
I probably didn't think of it because i rarely use the Glaciers - i try to make quick maps and only end up using the trees and grass hexes.
Terrain is a wonderful thing. Use it!

And because I'm a blatant showoff, here's a map designed specifically to allow the Dzu-Teh to get inside in two turns. I need to redesign that though, as my first scenario disallowed flying. I've since embraced the idea that the walls can be ignored by certain troops, and the whole thing works well except the snow section.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=164804#178759
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
The tallest glacier is actually height 17. Your plan to traverse upward from ground level works just fine.

Old June 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Doey08 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Dzu-Teh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:
If I have all my Dzu-Teh adjacent to glaciers, can all of them glacial traverse during a squad's activation?
I know there are only three to a squad, but the cards says "any or all Dzu-Teh you control".

The card says "any or all you control each turn", and since you can only control 3 a turn, it would mean only 3. But that was a good question, had me intrigued
Another way to think of it would be this: It says "instead of moving", and the other 3 can't move, so you can only Traverse with the 3 you're using.

Knights, Cavalry, Minutemen-What's better than that?
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:35 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doey08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:

Another way to think of it would be this: It says "instead of moving", and the other 3 can't move, so you can only Traverse with the 3 you're using.
Rules Crew!

Is this the correct use of the Dzu-Teh? The Granite Guardians are allowed to move all figures for Gain High Ground, are the Dzu-Teh allowed to move all figures for Glaciar Traverse, or only three?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:47 AM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

I'd say just three, based on the first sentence of the power.

"If a Dzu-Teh is adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, the Dzu-Teh may Glacier Traverse instead of moving normally."

You would normally only move up to three of them, so you could only Glacier Tranverse with three.

Last edited by master4sword; November 27th, 2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Re-wording.
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:25 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Hey. How do you guys pronounce their name?

We pronounce it like: Joo-Tay. We used to live in Yugoslavia and pronounced it with a Central European pronunciation (especially since they could live in the Alps.)

thoughts?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units