Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 16th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Energy Drinks

So, yesterday there were articles everywhere on the recent findings of the harmfullness of energy drinks.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/0...-harming-kids/

What's your take on all of this? I for one am pretty disappointed that this is proven, because I like nothing more than drinking a Monster every now and then. However, I've decided to stop drinking them, seeing as the cons far outweigh the pros. I might have one every now and then on a special occasion, but no more buying 4 packs for the morning shifts at work.
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Energy Drinks

The "energy" part of most energy drinks is caffeine. Caffeine is a drug whether it is in coffee, tea, or an energy drink. In moderation, caffeine is safe for most people. Monster has 160 mg of caffeine which is the amount found 2 cups of coffee (depending on the brand and strength). Drinking one energy drink probably isn't a problem. I wouldn't start drinking several.
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Everything in moderation.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Everything, that is, except things that poison you.

UC Davis has a fact sheet about energy drinks that's worth a look.

That's some scary stuff, man. Just because something is "herbal" or whatever doesn't mean it's safe to put in your body.

Thanks but no thanks.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Ever heard of a Cherry Bomb?

Cherry Bomb Shot recipe

1 oz cherry vodka
3 oz Red Bull® energy drink
1 splash grenadine syrup

Pour vodka and Red Bull energy drink into a small glass. Add grenadine slowly so it sinks to the bottom without mixing for a cool layered effect.

That's the stuff, right there. No moderation allowed - get wasted, make some sweet, sweet monkey love, and enjoy the short existence we have on earth.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I rarely drink them, because I have always known they were nothing but high doses of caffeine. My son is not even allowed anything with caffeine and he definitely knows he's not allowed energy drinks. The only time I really drink them is if I'm drinking Redbull/Vodka. Which in it's self is dangerous mixing a stimulant and depressant, but for me, drinking those, I get tipsy from the alcohol, but stay better alert from the caffeine...and I don't get hangovers from it.

I have been working in a convenient store for the last year and a half, and have been known to refuse sale of the energy drinks to kids and young teens. But, this is another issue that comes down to parenting. Don't let your kids drink them.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Reports like this do nothing for me, I'd rather read the actual study and see the results they have expressed. I don't trust idiot news companies to not sensationalize part of the findings and not list the full results. The credibility of any study like this is lessened if it is not peer reviewed as well. Yes, caffeine is a stimulant so overindulging can be hazardous but its not like crack or something that can kill you.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Reports like this do nothing for me, I'd rather read the actual study and see the results they have expressed. I don't trust idiot news companies to not sensationalize part of the findings and not list the full results. The credibility of any study like this is lessened if it is not peer reviewed as well. Yes, caffeine is a stimulant so overindulging can be hazardous but its not like crack or something that can kill you.
Actually, caffeine can cause heart problems that can kill you. It is a stimulant as you said, and too much of any stimulant can kill.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Actually, caffeine can cause heart problems that can kill you. It is a stimulant as you said, and too much of any stimulant can kill.
Too much of anything can kill you. Caffeine is a mild stimulant compared to most. If you die from too much caffeine you likely had some other issue such as a preexisting heart condition.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Too much of anything can kill you. Caffeine is a mild stimulant compared to most. If you die from too much caffeine you likely had some other issue such as a preexisting heart condition.
It is worth noting (a) energy drinks have considerably more caffeine than other drinks, so your point is well taken but energy drinks can give you "too much" caffeine much faster than, say, coffee, and (b) the dangers of energy drinks are not limited to their caffeine content.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

The first time I saw a commercial for Red Bull I said that looks like 'Death in a can.' Never tried one, never will.

-insert signature here-
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Anyone remember Josta - the first energy drink ever that came out in 1995. I was in middle school at the time and I remember it made me crazyily run around when I took it, an eventually they pulled it from the shelves. Pepsi had the energy drinks first and they could be even more rich if they kept market share and didn't let these upstart companies take over.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General