Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 13th, 2022, 12:44 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Been watching some great rom coms on Netflix recently with my wife. Just Like Heaven, Catch and Release, and Home Again
Old April 13th, 2022, 10:15 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Watched Sonic 2 last night and it was a fun movie. Had to turn my brain off at times to enjoy it, but I liked the first one as well as the second and look forward to a third
Old April 13th, 2022, 11:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Everything Everywhere All at once
Very cool take on the multi-verse.
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:19 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Everything Everywhere All at once
Very cool take on the multi-verse.
Mrs. Bats and I are hoping to catch that one some time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 14th, 2022, 06:24 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool. Could have been edited down to PG-13 but is definitely not kid friendly for a few scenes. Great message.
Jamie Lee Curtis is really good. Did not even know it was her until the credits.
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:28 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the last movie we watched together was Gunpowder Milkshake. Mrs. Bats does not have a problem with violence.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 14th, 2022, 07:16 AM

Did you like that one?
I just wish it had an additional action scene early.
Old April 14th, 2022, 08:40 AM

I dunno. Mrs. Bats liked it more than me. After a bit it felt a bit hollow to me. Like the action was cool, but there wasn't much behind it.

Old April 14th, 2022, 08:45 AM

Yeah, it was one I really wanted to like more because I love the cast.
Probably had my expectations too high. Did the same with Dr Strange.
That felt like a let down the first time but I enjoyed it more the second viewing.
Old April 14th, 2022, 08:53 AM

I am all-in on Karen Gillan as an actor.

Old January 25th, 2023, 10:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've just discovered a truly bizarre flic. Its a Russian-Chinese horror/scifi/adventure known here as The Iron Mask, (aka Diy 2: Journey To China) and set in the 18th Century. Right now the heroes are helping Peter The Great escape from an English prison (!?!) It features a fight between Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzeneger (as a bewigged red coated prison commandant in a tricorn hat). Other cast member include Rutger Hauer in a posthumous performance, and Charles Dance (Lord Lannister of Game of Thrones, among many others). The main characters are lesser known lights.

According to wikipedia, this is the second of a trilogy. The first was Forbidden Empire/Kingdom (aka Diy--the name of a Dragon, based on a horror story by the Russian author Gogol); the third is currently in production. These films made a lot of money internationally, and even won prizes. They are considered by some reviewers here as too dumb for intellectuals, and too sophisticated for lesser folks, but so far its a lot of wacky fun indeed, whether being intentionally or unintentionally funny! I'm lucky to have just bumped into it when I hit the wrong remote button on my TV remote early in the morning, while I look forward to pals coming over for some AOA Scape at noon! Serendipity!

So here was just some of the accurate info on wikipedia, I found during commercials, as the names are so close to other media titles and franchises. Check it out! BTW, I'm seeing it on FX Channel 10 (Spectrum). Its not running again soon, but who knows if they might show it or the original film again. I'll be looking for the first movie later on, to see where it might be available!

A fascinating tidbit is that the main character, an English cartographer who travels to Eastern Europe when it was practically unknown in the West, is based on a similar real life French person who studied the folklore and myth of the areas, including Ukraine, being the first Westerner to do so. The article on Viy the Gogul story goes into all kinds of possible mythic, cultural, and psychological interpretations, the kinds of things we muticulture nerds love to chew on! Have fun.

A lot of modern books and movies connect what was going on in different parts of the world, such as along the Silk Road, at the same time in Ancient, Medieval, and Early Modern times, and there are increasingly more board games on this subject these days. For my own collection of Chinese themed games--which have been extremely rare until very recently--see here on BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/301...se-board-games

Last edited by chas; January 25th, 2023 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 25th, 2023, 01:03 PM

Will have to look for that. Love Rutger.
Blood of Heroes aka Salute of the Jugger is one of my all time favorite movies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies