Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 16th, 2009, 07:14 PM

lilhoju511 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Tree Town Open V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju511 View Post
Clan Hoju will be shipping out from the T.C. area at 5:30a.
We are looking forward to our FIRST T.T.O.

Thanks to all for making this happen.
5:30 AM
What part of the Cities do you live? Doors do not open till 9:30 We are only two hours from the south part of the Cities or 435.
1/2 hour north of the northern part of the Twin Cities in the Great North...

... AKA Gods country
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhoju511 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju511 View Post
Clan Hoju will be shipping out from the T.C. area at 5:30a.
We are looking forward to our FIRST T.T.O.

Thanks to all for making this happen.
5:30 AM
What part of the Cities do you live? Doors do not open till 9:30 We are only two hours from the south part of the Cities or 435.
1/2 hour north of the northern part of the Twin Cities in the Great North...

... AKA Gods country
My grandparents live 8 hours North of where I live. THAT is ungodly country.
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

5:30!? I was planning on leaving at 7! and I'm 20 minutes west of the cities! How north are you? Or am I sorely misjudging the time I'll need to drive there?

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
...IS Mediocre

hoju511 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
5:30!? I was planning on leaving at 7! and I'm 20 minutes west of the cities! How north are you? Or am I sorely misjudging the time I'll need to drive there?
Forest Lake, so only 25 miles north of Mpls.
The 5:30 problem lies in the fact that I35 is down to one very slow lane right now. What should be a 20 min. drive has a nasty habbit of turning into 40 min.

My hope is the red-eye drive will skip the slow down and give us enough time to pick up ALL of Clan Hoju.

We were thinking 2 1/2 hour drive from Mpls.
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post

Are you near Winstead MN then? It takes us 3 hours to get to Winstead and that is in a motorhome and no interstate driving - we have gone to Winstock every year for the past 10 or more years.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NOTE to those in the Twin Cities....

I believe that 35W will be CLOSED this weekend between 94 and 62.... So plan accordingly for alternate routes.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old October 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the heads up! I used map quest and it changed me over but I'm still coming down on 35 South. That's not a problem right? (I'm so road challenged. )

Winsted is nearly an hour west of me.

Ha, I was thinking the same time for my drive. Map quest has me clocked at about 2 1/2 as well.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:59 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
.Glyphs:Astrid , Brandar , Crevcor , Dagmar , Erland , Gerda , Valda
Is this just the pool of random glyphs? I see some maps have static glyphs on them already (example: Winter Holdout has a move + 2 glyph). Will these static glyphs stay?

Also, what are we doing with snow/ice movement rules?
All glyphs are random and put on the map face down at the start of every game. They stay hidden/unknown until a player moves over that space and stops.

Good question on the Ice & Snow movement. Since we have a variety of Tundra maps we most likely can not go with both slippery ice and heavy snow as we have in the past. To make all these maps work we will most likely will have to go with just " Slippery Ice " and leave it at regular snow so we don't have a broken map.
What are we using Brandar for? Is it just a mock glyph? To trick people into flipping it?

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old October 17th, 2009, 02:05 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
.Glyphs:Astrid , Brandar , Crevcor , Dagmar , Erland , Gerda , Valda
Is this just the pool of random glyphs? I see some maps have static glyphs on them already (example: Winter Holdout has a move + 2 glyph). Will these static glyphs stay?

Also, what are we doing with snow/ice movement rules?
All glyphs are random and put on the map face down at the start of every game. They stay hidden/unknown until a player moves over that space and stops.

Good question on the Ice & Snow movement. Since we have a variety of Tundra maps we most likely can not go with both slippery ice and heavy snow as we have in the past. To make all these maps work we will most likely will have to go with just " Slippery Ice " and leave it at regular snow so we don't have a broken map.
What are we using Brandar for? Is it just a mock glyph? To trick people into flipping it?
Yes. Can't sleep either?
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:33 AM

I knew I wouldn't be able to get more then 4 hours, so I pretty much roughed it.

Old October 17th, 2009, 07:06 AM

Me and my friend may be getting there about 10 minutes late. So if you could wait for us that would be great. Thanks.

Old October 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
Me and my friend may be getting there about 10 minutes late. So if you could wait for us that would be great. Thanks.
How do you know you will be 10 minutes late ?

Imediately after the players meeting Jormi will start anouncing the pairing, which may take 5 minutes then soon after the clock starts ( 1 hour rounds ).

People who have come late before take a loss for the opening round ( 1 VP and 0 PD ). I do believe there was an exception made when two people came in together and we gave them that option or they could quick start a game ( against themselves ) with what ever time was left in the round.

We will not hold up the tourney 10 minutes for you to get here .... the starting time has been published for several months.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events